Is it possible to trade pokemon between NDS/3DS White/Black (1/2) and an emulator on a PC?

I searched a couple sites and could not find a straight answer, some say yes, some say no. Is this possible and how would I do it? My goal here is to use my 3DS to send some pokemon to my pc and edit them with PokeGen and use an emulator to send them back because I don't have a flash cart :(

If you can find a version of DesMUmE with "Wireless" support, and do a few things, you can theoretically get it to work. I myself have gotten real close to getting it to work; it actually communicates but dies out eventually.

It can work, but you have to do a lot of things to make it work.

I actually figured it out. I used Shiny's GTS emulator (second version, the new one written by Shiny, not the one called "Shiny GTS v2") to send things to my computer, modify them and send them back.

Edit: It doesn't count as an actual "trade" since according to the ds the trade "fails" but the .pkm file appears on your computer but it works for what I wanted it for.

If you can find a version of DesMUmE with "Wireless" support, and do a few things, you can theoretically get it to work. I myself have gotten real close to getting it to work; it actually communicates but dies out eventually.

It can work, but you have to do a lot of things to make it work.

This interests me. I assume you have to have a particular wifi card on your PC to do this?

That is incredibly interesting. Please tell me that version of desmume is still in development...?

Officially it doesn't work. Unofficially, you have to either:

1) Compile it yourself [with some flags set, iirc (if I recall correctly)].

2) Find a precompiled version.

I have a version that's compiled, but is 0.9.7, and 64 bit only. I might be able to find the 32 bit version as well. If you all are interested, I'll link it when I get home.

I am interested in the 64 bit version (as I have a 64 bit machine). Also, I guess I could just (attempt to) compile it from source, if that's any newer / more stable.

afaik, not really. I haven't done more research though since 0.9.7 seems to be really stable as is. Here it is. You'll need WinPcap to utilize the WiFi. Disable anything else that creates additional networks [removes interference].

• 2 weeks later...