Previous plans (No longer planned)

Codr

dear codr

how are you? hope youre good :D

first of all i want to thank you for the awsome app that youve made (pokegen)

and yes ofc we all understand that you need mony to keep this app alive and we wont mind to pay you even 20$ if possible for some ppl ofc

anyway in some ppl like me who cant use paypal or any online banking sites it could be a bit of problem to me since i love pokegen so much

iam no asking for you to give me the app for free or something i just wanted to let you know about this

and if there is any other way we can pay you with please let me know and ill be sure to do it

best wishes

sky*dragon

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What means DO you have?

Western Union information could be provided for those without banking or credit card privileges to send in money as an additional option. The only problem would be possibly is linking user name with birth or given name. Or one could open a PayPal account and add money via Moneypak "cards" which can be bought at locations like Walgreen's or CVS.

Edited by ibac
give another option for paying

Pokegen never supported Linux. Wine being able to run it was purely Wine's job, not Codr's. Pokegen is a Windows application, along with 90% of all the other programs out there. I don't mean to sound mean (no pun intended), but you may wish to switch to the best OS out there. Like Codr suggested, you can dual-boot. If you don't want to do that, wait for Windows 8, it supports being run off a USB flash drive.

Codr,

You have my support; I will totally pay for this because its a program worth using and owning. I don't understand why some individuals are freaking out, its the same as paying for a phone app (if you like it, then get the full version). Keep up the good work; I appreciate your hard work. I would like to see an option to input max IV, EV, PP Ups instead of manually entering each one. And did you say it might support FR/LG/RSE? Thanks.

Can certainly understand the need/desire with the project, and good luck with it. Only thing I want to mention is that requiring money [as opposed to asking for donations] for the program paints a target on the project. IANAL and all that.

[ edit ]

To clarify though, there are other businesses/entities that similarly charge for access to trainers and the like, just being overly cautious I imagine.

Codr,

You have my support; I will totally pay for this because its a program worth using and owning. I don't understand why some individuals are freaking out, its the same as paying for a phone app (if you like it, then get the full version). Keep up the good work; I appreciate your hard work. I would like to see an option to input max IV, EV, PP Ups instead of manually entering each one. And did you say it might support FR/LG/RSE? Thanks.

Thanks for the comments. Regarding stats/PP, that's likely to show up within the next few releases.

Only thing I want to mention is that requiring money [as opposed to asking for donations] for the program paints a target on the project.

Yes, I know. (I don't mean that negatively.)

Aww :( Will there ever be a Mac specific version?

I very much doubt it.

While I totally understand the payment thing (you use your free time to code and probably don't get anything in return for something this time consuming), it kinda surprises me - not much, but a bit. I, too, will try to support you then, but it depends on the price.

The list of upcoming changes looks great, especially the Gen 3 part. I've always wanted a simple/easy program to edit R/S/E saves.

well you could make a free version and a premium version with free version having only ability to make pkm files while premium having ac code generator, pokedex editor, cg background editor, mystery gift, etc. that way new users will enjoy it first then buy if they liked making pokemon and wanted the other features. Well no one really has any right to blame you. It was free for sometime and its only normal for someone to charge for something they make. plus they're really arent any such editors out there and probably never will. you could also make an evolution editor for roms.

You should read the other posts in this thread.

3.1.10 already serves this purpose and more.

Then at least make 3.1.10 good? It has a very irritating bug when I wish to generate Pokemon from Gen IV and when I have to state the location of which it came from (Poketransfer) when the target game is Black 2/White 2, it does not give me the option to select any other locations other than Black 2/White 2.

I find this pretty much incomplete. I would be fine if you made it such that it would require money for, but at least perfect the previous version so that people who do not wish to pay can at least use it to its full potential. If you are really that unwilling to rectify this error, please put up an earlier version of PokeGen without the Black 2/White 2 update as well.

EDIT: Same problem with Black and White as the target game.

Then at least make 3.1.10 good? It has a very irritating bug when I wish to generate Pokemon from Gen IV and when I have to state the location of which it came from (Poketransfer) when the target game is Black 2/White 2, it does not give me the option to select any other locations other than Black 2/White 2.

I find this pretty much incomplete. I would be fine if you made it such that it would require money for, but at least perfect the previous version so that people who do not wish to pay can at least use it to its full potential. If you are really that unwilling to rectify this error, please put up an earlier version of PokeGen without the Black 2/White 2 update as well.

3.1.10 isn't bad just because it doesn't have a small feature that lets you be lazier. The point of not updating the free version anymore is that I no longer wish to spend my time on something that's giving me almost no reward. There is no requirement for me to do this for free, since you seem to be demanding it or acting as though I'm obligated.

The only complain i have with pokegen is its interface its too small and not re-sizable

How is it too small? You're trying to say you don't want the tabs, not that it's too small, considering you can't possibly mean something else.

and the item editor is a bit lacking since we cant add items just edit its numbers

Do you know how to edit a filename in Windows without right clicking the file?

3.1.10 isn't bad just because it doesn't have a small feature that lets you be lazier. The point of not updating the free version anymore is that I no longer wish to spend my time on something that's giving me almost no reward. There is no requirement for me to do this for free, since you seem to be demanding it or acting as though I'm obligated.

Then please include a download of an earlier version of PokeGen before the Black 2/White 2 update. I would appreciate it and I'm pretty sure it requires little effort.

It has a very irritating bug when I wish to generate Pokemon from Gen IV and when I have to state the location of which it came from (Poketransfer) when the target game is Black 2/White 2, it does not give me the option to select any other locations other than Black 2/White 2.

Why not just take the time to open a Gen IV pkm file and set the location to (Pokétranfer)? Or is it for legality purposes? I'm not sure. When I load a Gen IV pkm file for Black and White 2, it did look like it had a scrambled nickname and OT but I could change the location it was caught.

Oh, and I like the ability to drag Pokémon from one Pokégen Window into another Pokégen Window.

How is it too small? You're trying to say you don't want the tabs, not that it's too small, considering you can't possibly mean something else.

Do you know how to edit a filename in Windows without right clicking the file?

Tabs are fine but due to me eye sight some letters are small also the pokemons on the boxes are some times difficult to identify without having to click view data (again this is only for me i am not saying its for everyone )

Just wish you could make the interface a little bigger thats all

On your question no i don't know how to