wraith89

Which bug?  

9025 members have voted

1. 1. Which bug?

• Scizor
    • Heracross
    • But-but-but- I love them both!
    • I hate both of them!
    • Scyther. Why did Scizor have to evolve?
    • Pinsir. Why neglect the other beetle?
    • Kilroy was here
    • Wraith89 is a loser...

Yeah, just asking for people's preferences...

Here we have two Pokemon who are often compared to each other:

[sprite]212[/sprite] [shinysprite]212[/shinysprite]

SCIZOR

Type: Bug/Steel

HP: 70

Atk: 130

Def: 100

SpA: 55

SpDef: 80

Spe: 65

BST: 500

Advantages:

- Gets to Baton Pass Swords Dance, Agility, Iron Defense

- Gets a powerful STAB priority move Bullet Punch with Technician to boot its power up even more

- Gets an instant recovery move in the form of Roost

- Quite sturdy overall

- Only one weakness

- Looks cool (as Enkidu says, it looks like a red orbital frame)

Disadvantages:

- Its one weakness is a 4x weakness to Fire

- It is rather slow

- It did not gain any base stat total when it evolved

- Needs trade to be evolved so not as easily as accessible

[sprite]214[/sprite] [shinysprite]214[/shinysprite]

HERACROSS

Type: Bug/Fighting

HP: 80

Atk: 125

Def: 75

SpA: 40

SpDef: 95

Spe: 85

BST: 500

Advantages:

- Strongest Megahorn in-game

- STAB Close Combat is terribly powerful

- Learns Stone Edge to hit Flying Pokemon terribly hard

- Guts makes sure burn does not hamper this blue beetle

Disadvantages:

- 4x weakness to Flying

- Weak to Psychic, the very type this Pokemon is supposed to stop (although I'm sure it won't OHKO this sturdy bug)

- Somewhat slow and requires paralysis support (still faster than Scizor)

- Aside from Close Combat and Night Slash, most of its powerful attacks are not accurate

- Pretty rare to find in those trees, headbutting trees or honey trees or whatnot.

Vote which one you like and give a reason why.

I'm going to vote for Heracross. Why? It just so happens to be my favorite. I loved having one since GSC with that awesome Megahorn it had and I was so grateful to see one in RSE as well. STAB Fighting moves like Brick Break and all just gives me some good memories. Too bad it's been outflanked by Scizor as the best bug in the metagame (at least that's what people say... they're EVERYWHERE!!)... but still. Why can't I like this awesome bug?

BTW comparing Heracross to Scizor isn't exactly like comparing Heracross to Pinsir. Both play different roles... somewhat.

Voting is based off your OWN personal preference. Don't be afraid to vote for who you like!

Edited by wraith89

id have to agree with zafur: its overrall look steals the show. its speed is far greater, and even though its power may be less, its movepool has a few powerful attacks themselves. aaand etc....

Er... Scizor is slower than Heracross and SLIGHTLY stronger.

Heracross is way better.. Scizor may have a somewhat better ability, but Scizor is 4x weak to one of the most common attack types. Heracross is only2x weak to fire. The Flying and Psychic weaknesses don't matter at all. Those two types are hardly seen.

Also look at these sprites.

emesprani214.gifemesprani212.gif

Heracross is getting ready to Megahron and Scizor just sticks out his hand >.>

Also, since when is Scizor the best bug? Yanmega is by far the best bug. Air Slash owns every other Bug and HP Fire clearly owns Scizor. Bullet Punch is a 3HKO w/ 152 Def EVs iirc.

Scizor, it was my absolute favorite Pokemon before i met Lucario, and Weavile, Steel types are one of my favorites types, and overall looks is just fabulous, i have nothing against Heracross, i just prefer Scizor, and i do love X-Scissoring opponents. :biggrin:

Heracross is way better.. Scizor may have a somewhat better ability, but Scizor is 4x weak to one of the most common attack types. Heracross is only2x weak to fire. The Flying and Psychic weaknesses don't matter at all. Those two types are hardly seen.

Also look at these sprites.

emesprani214.gifemesprani212.gif

Heracross is getting ready to Megahron and Scizor just sticks out his hand >.>

Also, since when is Scizor the best bug? Yanmega is by far the best bug. Air Slash owns every other Bug and HP Fire clearly owns Scizor. Bullet Punch is a 3HKO w/ 152 Def EVs iirc.

Yanmega's been destroying peeps everywhere xD

And I never put HP Fire on Yanmega... that's WAY too situational. And plus did you do the calcs right? I'm assuming that's for Scizor WITHOUT Technician o_O

Edited by wraith89

Heracross!

I was overjoyed when I found one in the honey tree. Scizor is just I dont know. I just never liked scizor. Heracross is way cooler looking in my opinion. But thanks to all that scizor information wraith gave I have to get me a scizor. I already have a heracross...

Okay, aside from how Scizor looks, he is the better choice for me simply because the accuracy of a Heracross is terrible. Scizor is slightly stronger, and has better accuracy. It would be a very good addition to a team. Heracross would be too, but usually it is part of a Ninjask strategy. I don't see why looks have anything to do with who is the better Pokemon. Paradox has shown us his baby team can pwn ubers, and everyone knows ubers look cool. Looks have nothing to do with it.

are you sure you have your stats right? on my diamond game i have both of them, same level, no "power-ups" (iron, protein,etc.) or any of that stuff. i guess its just my game?

It might be your Speed IVs or EVs too. Assuming both has same type of nature, same IVs and same EVs or whatever, Heracross will always outspeed Scizor that does not use priority attacks.

Okay, aside from how Scizor looks, he is the better choice for me simply because the accuracy of a Heracross is terrible. Scizor is slightly stronger, and has better accuracy. It would be a very good addition to a team. Heracross would be too, but usually it is part of a Ninjask strategy. I don't see why looks have anything to do with who is the better Pokemon. Paradox has shown us his baby team can pwn ubers, and everyone knows ubers look cool. Looks have nothing to do with it.

Well, here's the thing about Hera and Scizor: it's really hard to compare them both. It's like comparing computer to TVs because both of them have a different role: Heracross is a hard hitter and has a dual Fighting type (STAB Close Combat/Megahorn really do hurt) while Scizor is a game cleaner. Scizor's Bullet Punch is potent, but really isn't always the best choice (example: when fighting a Gyarados it's not going to hurt so much while Hera's Stone Edge will leave a HUGE dent even after Intimidate). If Scizor ends up using a move not named Bullet Punch or Quick Attack, it's going to have a hard time outspeeding stuff while Hera's 85 speed isn't so bad (and most of them are either banded or scarfed anyways).

Anyways it's all about your preferences... and who called me a loser? xD

Haha. Looks matter to me. I'm not going to be using fugly Pokémon, no matter how good they are in my game. (Although, power instead of looks might be better if I was competitively battling and had a strong enough incentive to win.) I try to balance my team on how good they are in battle and how aesthetically pleasing they are. Pick the strongest from the ones I like. :3

1.most of the ugliest pokemon arent good anyways. 2. you got a point there wraith. right after i posted that i remembered about those two other things. guess i was too lazy to edit it.:grog:3. remember floot: wraith was asking opon preference. not just its stats and all, but also judging by opinion

when i saw their shiny forms i had to choose scizor

212-m.png214-m.png

Funny how most red pokes' shiny form is yellow while most blue pokes' shiny form is purple.

I still like shiny Heracross better :-/

Yellow Scizor looks a bit... blegh for me. If only he was Green :D

Yes, he's definitely green. I remember him being a more of an metallic bright olive green in Stadium 2.

And I've known several boys who secretly have pink as their favourite colour. [And girls who hate pink] :wink: The gender roles of blue and pink used to be reversed. Even though technically that's more purple than pink.

when i saw their shiny forms i had to choose scizor

212-m.png214-m.png

girls... no offence :wink:

pink powns! I dont know what's up with the pink=girl color stereotype, but its really annoying. Pink is the best color ever...although both forms of heracross do look fantastic in my opinion.

For me it's more purple :-/

Perhaps I have a different point of view when I see these colors?

Anyhow, it seems Scizor is in the lead. It'll be open until Thursday... and then I post a new poll X_X

Maybe your color blind O.o

Can I suggest a new pole?

Bidoof VS Zigzagoon

Those things are pretty similar when looking at when and where you get them in game..color scheme and typing

Maybe..

Bastiodon VS Rampardos

Mew VS Mewtwo (that would have some conflict totally)

Breloom VS torterra

Breloom=only grass + fighting type

Torterra=only grass + ground type

or or...

Magmortar VS Electivire

Personally I liked the :bidoof: one but...