What is the hardest pokemon to capture??

dragonmaster005

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I don't even bother trying to catch the roamers "correctly". I always collect a few Master Balls for them. I ran around and caught Mespirit, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres all at once a few days ago using Master Balls.

I have one left with Cresselia's name on it, just haven't bothered looking yet.

Oh, I don't even bother trying to catch the roamers "correctly". I always collect a few Master Balls for them. I ran around and caught Mespirit, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres all at once a few days ago using Master Balls.

I caught Moltres, Zapdos, Cresselia, and Mespirit really easily, like in less than 2 hours, but articuno just gave me a lot of trouble.

I can't believe I am the first to say regirock. 1 hp, asleep, and over 20 ultra balls. -.- Regice and Registeel took less than 5. Groudon took about 8 and Kyogre only took 2 or 3.

Regirock took me one Ultra Ball o_O

And so did Registeel. Regice gave me troubles though.

Oh dear god @A@ I STILL Haven't caught Raikou In LG. Getting to WHERE he is is a PAIN. The fact that the pokedex likes to reset to the top just makes it worse. FFFFFF God bless the marking map and the poktech(sp?) v_v;;

My Suicune wasn't too much of a pain. Just four steps to remember:

1. Check the Pokedex for where it is

2. Do not check the Pokedex for its location a second time in a single attempt

3. Do not use fly

4. Use Dugtrio with Arena Trap or Wobuffet to trap it then catch it

If you don't follow points 2 & 3, the legendary dog will just change location.

It took me six hours, but I finally got a Yanma, now to make it evolve once it learns Ancient Power.

Does catching Yanma really take that long? When I first aimed on trying to get all Poketch Apps I found out that for one of the apps you have to catch 6 pokemon in the Great Marsh in one attempt. I did as I was told and I got:

Yanma

Skorupi

Shroomish

Bibarel

Bibarel

Bibarel again!

For the roaming pokemon, I got my Staraptor which had 1 HP with Endeavor and found all the Roaming Pokemon. On each one I used Endeavor to get them to 1 HP. But the annoying thing: the three legendary birds have Pressure. So Endeavor didn't have enough PP so I used an ether to restore its PP and kept going until I got them all down to 1 HP. Next I got my Crobat with Hypnosis (I bred it to get Hypnosis) and made them all asleep. And finally, I went to Celestic Town with my Marking Map app and kept going to Route 209 then back to Celestic Town. I repeated it until a roaming pokemon was on Route 209. Then I swooped in and see it. I used Quick Ball. If I catch it, good, but if it fails, it will flee. So I repeat the process again. I finally got all of them in the end. And yes, I know this was a very long way but still it was useful. The hardest one for me to capture was Zapdos out of these. It took me two days to catch Zapdos while the others only took like one hour each. I save my Masterball in case I find like a Strong, Shiny, Rare, Pokemon which is hard to catch and may risk committing suicide with recoil damage, explosion, etc.

Btw, I already have a Gold Trainer Card so i'm aiming for the Black Trainer Card now. All I need is to complete the National Dex. I can if I try, I have all the games so including migrating and trading I can get all pokemon in my pokedex (event pokemon excluded). The only 9 Pokemon I can't get in my Pokedex are the Johto Starters and their evolutions. Since you can't migrate from GS, I have to wait for HGSS. Another way to get the Johto starters is through trading with Pokemon Battle Colosseum but I don't have that, neither do I have Game Cube so it's going to be really hard to get the Black Trainer Card.

I'm not quite sure, but in my experiences these are two things I have noticed:

Articuno

[sprite]144[/sprite]

Articuno needs a massive amount of Pokeballs, averagely 60-100 for me at least.

Rayquaza

[sprite]384[/sprite]

Rayquaza is not hard to capture, but can be difficult to maintain at a low health, due to Outrage's confusion after effect, and Rest.

As for the hardest to find, run-away-legendaries can be a hassle, and some swarm only pokes.

I'm not quite sure, but in my experiences these are two things I have noticed:

Articuno

[sprite]144[/sprite]

Articuno needs a massive amount of Pokeballs, averagely 60-100 for me at least.

Rayquaza

[sprite]384[/sprite]

Rayquaza is not hard to capture, but can be difficult to maintain at a low health, due to Outrage's confusion after effect, and Rest.

Oh goodness. Articuno was a nuisance. It took me at least 30 to catch that elusive icy bird, but in the end it was worth it.

Rayquaza... he uses Outrage, then becomes confused in fatigue, and hits itself in confusion. When it uses Fly, you can't hit it with most moves anyhow so it's harder to weaken him. Really annoying... and then when you think you're through, he RESTS >:(

I once killed Rayquaza by accident. It already used 4 extremespeeds at that time. Then I sent out Wobuffet. Planning to use counter. But I accidentally pressed the wrong button and used encore. And you wouldn't believe me, the encore lasted for all 5 turns. This made Rayquaza use struggle. After four struggles it died.

Btw, I already have a Gold Trainer Card so i'm aiming for the Black Trainer Card now. All I need is to complete the National Dex. I can if I try, I have all the games so including migrating and trading I can get all pokemon in my pokedex (event pokemon excluded). The only 9 Pokemon I can't get in my Pokedex are the Johto Starters and their evolutions. Since you can't migrate from GS, I have to wait for HGSS. Another way to get the Johto starters is through trading with Pokemon Battle Colosseum but I don't have that, neither do I have Game Cube so it's going to be really hard to get the Black Trainer Card.

If you have Emerald, and you catch every pokemon in the Hoenn dex, Birch will give you a single Johto starter. That is how I got my Cyndaquil! :D

For the roaming pokemon, I got my Staraptor which had 1 HP with Endeavor and found all the Roaming Pokemon. On each one I used Endeavor to get them to 1 HP... next I got my Crobat with Hypnosis (I bred it to get Hypnosis) and made them all asleep... then I swooped in and see it. I used Quick Ball. If I catch it, good, but if it fails, it will flee. So I repeat the process again.

That is... actually quite clever. I may save my Master Ball after all and try this kind of strategy. Hm.

For Pokémon catching in general, I also wonder if it is viable to use, say, a Gengar with Hypnosis and Trick... make it hold a Focus Sash, run into a battle, Trick the Focus Sash onto the wild Pokémon, hit it hard to knock it down to 1 HP, and then use Hypnosis. Or use Hypnosis first if it has a recoil move.

I think Endure/Endeavor is a better idea...

Wouldn't you lose the Focus Sash since it's a wild battle?

Also, you could always just get a high leveled Pokemon with False Swipe, but that'd take more time to trade.

I normally just hack a Pokemon catching machine once I beat the game and have nothing to do but fill the dex. =P

Wobbuffet - Shadow Tag

False Swipe

Dark Void

Recover

Spite (For opponents who use recover.)

If I feel like doing it legit though, there is always my Crobat with Mean Look, Hypnosis, Roost, and Air Slash.

Legitly, I used this:

Bronzong

with

Block and Gyro Ball

Gyro Ball didn't really do much damage so it was pretty easy to whittle away the health. I think Dante's Crobat is a much better choice, but this Bronzong is really easy to put together (just catch one at Mt. Coronet).

• 7 months later...
Adding Regigigas to the list now. Oh MAN did I use a lot of Ultra Balls on that one. It was a level 1 too, which made it slightly embarrassing.

I actually had a pretty easy time with Regirock, Regiice, and Registeel tonight.

It's quite odd maybe i was really lucky at that point, because all the Regis and Regigigas took a few minutes 10 mins max. When i was attempting to catch Regigigas it actually only took me 3 turns to catch it well excluding the turns i took while bringing the False Swipe and the Statuses. I threw a Great Ball, Ultra Ball, then a Poke ball which to my surprise it was caught. Though the process was so quick i actually turned off my DS and tried to catch it again. Battling and Catching the legendaries are my favorite part of Pokemon