PWT Download Tournaments

Kaphotics

In Download Tournament editor, I keep on getting the name SARAH for important trainers.

How do you get that name and what do you mean by important trainers (trainers of the tournament or special trainers)? If it is displayed on the trainers tab, that's one of the trainer's name of the tournament... On special trainers on the Bracket tab that name doesn't exist at all...

• 1 month later...

The name SARAH is a placeholder name for special trainers. In the game it'll be replaced with the proper name of the special trainers like Giovanni etc.

That's not a bug of DTE. You can also find that name in some .pwt file if you open them in a hex editor.

Btw Nintendo did make a mistake within the Italian and German download tournaments.

Normally Italian Games are using the English Pokemon names and German games are using the German names.

For some reason in the download tournaments it's vice versa. In the Italian tournaments they used the German Pokemon names and in the German tournaments they used the English ones.

Edited by BlackShark

• 4 weeks later...

So, I made the PWT Download Tournament using PikaEdit (since that's what I found).

The problem? In Double Battles I created, AI attacks its teammate once in a while... :/

Okay... Gengar tried using Shadow Ball on my Normal-type...

There might be 2 explanations:

1)Partial artifical stupidity

2)The target is selected at random.

Game's language: Japanese (don't ask why, happened to have that)

Tournament's language: ^^^

ID: 11111

Style: Double

Pokémon: 6

Level: 100 (Set), Max 600

All Types Allowed, Sky Drop banned, Soul Dew banned, banned Mons are usual (Mew duo, "Johto duo", Celebi, Weather trio, "Space duo", Creation trio, Sea guardians, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Tao trio, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect)

Teams: smogonapproved

All the text: In English! But Japanese games have English characters since G3...

PS. Seems AI's stupid... Heal Bell with last Pokémon...

Random moves on random target. D:

Well, changing style to Single, besides Rotation seems only good way.

Edited by WhatHappenedToStairs
even more surprises

You can set AI value where offset 0x3DC of trainer data in pwt files.

(0x650, 0xA30, 0xE10 and 0x11F0 bytes from the beginning of the files.)

This value is set to 0, AI will choose a move randomly.

AI value
+1: not choose moves have no effect at the time
+2: remember moves that the opponent's pokémon used
+4: if AI's pokémon has a move that can beat the opponent in this turn, choose it
+8: if AI's pokémon has a status move, choose it on the first turn

Setting to 15 is probably the strongest, but this value cannot be set in PikaEdit...

Im really thankful for this project cuz i can now use a legendary pokemon in the tournament and also im already bored in the other tournament. I hope for the improvement of this tournament editor like editing all 7 trainer(no filler trainer) and making them in full stats..

And also this is the first tournament i created.

Legend PWT..rar

Legend PWT..rar

Edited by LPZ

AI value
+4: if AI's pokémon has a move that can beat the opponent in this turn, choose it

Setting to 15 is probably the strongest, but this value cannot be set in PikaEdit...

Thanks a lot, I didn't have the offsets for difficulty, I have checked more PWT files to check out this and these are the offsets for AI

I have updated Pikaedit's DTE and the standalone version of DTE with AI difficulty editor on the trainer tab

AI value

Okay.

Also RubenPikachu, I've seen that some Trainer names on Sprites help are wrong. For example,Book Girl if I recall, is female Clerk (that "ClerkF" was the boss variation of male clerk, while the young "Hikers" are Backpackers).

I'll need to check EVERY number, so it's going to take a while... and then I'll list them all with their English names.

oh wait...

I hope for the improvement of this tournament editor like editing all 7 trainer(no filler trainer) and making them in full stats.
This will never be possible as the game only has room for 4 trainers per tournament in the save file. You will always need at least 3 filler trainers.

I assume the AI value "effects" are cumulative, right? And how high value has to be for AI to switch? The earliest game I saw AI switching is Emerald, with Sidney from E4 doing that (so presumably value has to be quite high, considering it's Elite Four) but it might also happen in FRLG, though I am not sure.

Bold are correct, italic is the correct English name.

0 - [b]Youngster[/b]
1 - [b]Ace Trainer (male)[/b]
2 - [b]Pokémon Ranger (male)[/b]
3 - [b]Pokémon Breeder (male)[/b]
4 - Researcher [i]Scientist[/i] (male) 
(technically, Researcher is their Japanese name in G3, DPPt and G5; in others it's "Researcher Gone Astray")
5 - [b]Hiker[/b]
6 - Skinhead [i]Roughneck[/i] 
(again Japanese name... well technically Japanese name is plural not singular)
7 - Day-Care student [i]Preschoooler[/i] (male)
8 - [b]Lass[/b]
9 - [b]Ace Trainer (female)[/b]
10 - [b]Pokémon Ranger (female)[/b]
11 - [b]Pokémon Breeder (female)[/b]
12 - Researcher [i]Scientist[/i] (female)
13 - [b]Parasol Lady[/b]
14 - [b]Nurse[/b]
15 - Day-Care student [i]Preschoooler[/i] (female)
16 - Hiker (Young) [i]Backpacker[/i] (male)
17 - Hiker (Young) [i]Backpacker[/i] (female)
18 - [b]Veteran (male)[/b]
19 - [b]Veteran (female)[/b]
20 - Schoolkid [i]School Kid[/i] (male)
21 - Schoolkid [i]School Kid[/i] (female)
(yeah, not really that wrong)
22 - [b]Psychic (male)[/b]
23 - [b]Psychic (female)[/b]
24 - Karate (male) [i]Black Belt[/i]
25 - Karate (female) [i]Battle Girl[/i]
26 - Clerk (male) [i]Clerk[/i] (regular male)
27 - Clerk (female) [i]Clerk[/i] (boss male)
28 - Book Girl (female) [i]Clerk[/i] (female)
(Wait, what? There are male girls? lol)
29 - Maid (female) [i]Maid[/i]
(This isn't Waitress, this is Maid which has no male counterpart. [Waitress has Waiter, Maid has no one])
30+ - Resets to Youngster

(everything checked on Japanese White 2, as I mentioned earlier with AI problems)

...I wonder how many characters can fit in one line of dialogue (since it seems you can only use two [game just proceeds after second line no matter if there's something after that you added in editor], despite editor allowing for more).

Also, if I recall correctly, while you can enter 16 characters into Trainer's name in the editor, only 13 will be displayed in-game (though it seems the field in brackets thing can fit only 12 characters, but should be fine when shown in other places; have no idea about the actual limit on Trainer class)

EDIT:

>looks at the corrected list

*facepalm*

Why you're still using the old names?

There's no trainer like "Skinhead Roughneck", only Skinhead in Japanese games or Roughneck in English games.

Discounting Trainers you've got correct earlier, here we go...

4 - Scientist (male)
6 - Rougneck
7 - Preschoooler (male)
12 - Scientist (female)
15 - Preschooler (female)
16 - Backpacker (male)
17 - Backpacker (female)
20 - School Kid (male)
21 - School Kid (female)
24 - Black Belt
25 - Battle Girl
26 - Clerk (regular male)
27 - Clerk (boss male)
28 - Clerk (female)
29 - Maid

That happens when you Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

derp

I assume the AI value "effects" are cumulative, right?

Yes, the AI value is cumulative.

So, it is set to 15 (1+2+4+8), all the effects will be activated.

It might have been better if I had written the AI value is a bit field. :tongue:

Hi,

I have a question regarding pwt download editor.. Can I put 255 EV's in all of their stats(HP, ATK, DEF etc) of the trainer's pokemon or just only a total of 510 EV's?? Are they more stronger if all of their EV's are 255?

Settings- Hack editor

Hi,

I have a question regarding pwt download editor.. Can I put 255 EV's in all of their stats(HP, ATK, DEF etc) of the trainer's pokemon or just only a total of 510 EV's?? Are they more stronger if all of their EV's are 255?

Settings- Hack editor

You can put 255 in all stats EV's, however I'm not sure if the game will limit them to 510 EV's...

Also Hack editor is only for the pkm editor :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would really love some help using this editor. I just spent like 2 hours creating a tournament and when I load in my save I get "There's PWT data that appears to have been erased.". I do not have the ability to play my custom tournament at all.

I have followed some Youtube instructions and from what I can figure out from here. Can someone please help? Thanks

• 8 months later...

This comment is probably long overdue, but is there a reason why Hilbert's sprite isnt included in the "special trainers" list, whilst Hilda's is? Id really love to make a vs. Hilbert battle. Im not sure if his sprite just hasnt been found/is even in the game, or if it was just mistakenly left out.

Edit: I suppose i should also ask whether or not its possible for Nate and Rosa's sprites to be part of the special trainers list/usable.

This comment is probably long overdue, but is there a reason why Hilbert's sprite isnt included in the "special trainers" list, whilst Hilda's is? Id really love to make a vs. Hilbert battle. Im not sure if his sprite just hasnt been found/is even in the game, or if it was just mistakenly left out.

Edit: I suppose i should also ask whether or not its possible for Nate and Rosa's sprites to be part of the special trainers list/usable.

I believe you just get the opposite gender's trainer. So if you play as Nate, you get Hilda, whereas if you play as Rosa, you get Hilbert.

Incidentally, research by the altwfc.net team showed that the very first byte in the tournament data probably determines which games can download the tournament. 0x00 = Black 2, 0x01 = White 2, 0x02 = Both.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

This goes to Prof.9 and RubenPikachu I have been try to use the PWT Editor and the Download Tournament Editor but when I try to use it all i get is my player stuck

in black city. So if you can please post how to use it because some of us are newbies and I cant find a video on how to use it anywhere

so if anyone can please post a video on how to use it I would really appreciate it.

p.s Also it would be helpful to have the sprite numbers for Ash Ketchum and Paul I would be very grateful.

• 3 weeks later...