Pokemon Ideal Black 2 & True White 2 - Seeking Partners!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I've decided lately is that this project won't feature all 649 Pokemon. Most of them, yes, but there are some of them that I think don't fit into the world I envision. There are a lot of hacks that feature all 649 already, after all... but I think that I would rather cut a few especially annoying ones in order to give more prominence to others more deserving.

Which Pokemon don't make the cut? I don't want to disclose my list just yet, as it isn't finalized, but two Pokemon I absolutely have no interest in having are Diglett and Dugtrio. Besides having THE least creative evolution in the entire game (Magneton gets a pass for at least changing shape), it's also half a Pokemon. That just irks me to no end. Drillbur & Excadrill are superior mole Pokemon concepts, anyway.

I'm not taking them out of the code, I'm just making them totally absent. No, totally replacing them would be an immense amount of work. This is like... you know, like trying to get a legit Celebi in Gen 5? It just doesn't happen. Technically you could still trade yourself a Diglett, but that's it. I've no interest in them being in my game at all.

If I was going to even attempt to put some kind of replacement, I'd definitely just use one of the Pokestar monsters. Messing with Sprite animations and cries and ugh... I'd have to start with something already done up to a certain point.

If you're not replacing Dugtrio family slots then make them at least 1% wild encounter rate in the 'sands' or whatever area, but hey is just me. If you really don't want them in the game, obviously, you can do whatever you want anyway.

About "Which Pokemon don't make the cut?" atm i can think of Gulpin/Swalot. Stats wise is not that bad but they look just too random/out of place IMO.

It's not time to explain my criteria yet.

My versions have a lot more to do with dreams vs. reality, now. In some respects, I've done some things to clean up some logical incongruities that have plagued Pokemon for a long time. In other ways, the concept of "dreams as a concrete reality" has come to the forefront.

Not only dreams vs. reality, but even bad dreams vs. good dreams.

Somewhere in all this, a difference between B2 and W2 will emerge... though I haven't nailed it down quite yet. But yes, some Pokemon simply don't belong in my world.

On a slightly unrelated note, some *new* attacks include: Nerve Gas, Knock-Out, Acid Claw, Crystal Ray, Biohazard, Epiphany, and some others.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that many will care, but I'm posting to say that I've given up on Pokemon altogether. That includes this project and any future games.

I've found someone that means a lot more to me than cartoon animal battles... it's been fun, Pokemon. A good 15 years! But that's plenty long enough. Time to grow up, now. Time to follow Him.

• 2 weeks later...