Pokemon Ideal Black 2 & True White 2 - Seeking Partners!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First i dont think that will actually help spinda competitively or to raise the usage, even though it sounds really suitable, now when it comes to the starter pokemon i agree 100% with marino, they should be given ingame, the best idea i had for this, is replacing all pokemon gifts from curtis or yancy for each of the previous gen staters, they are exactly twelve, and then distribute the other pokemon through the hidden grottos on the game or eggs with hidden abilities given by certain characters in the game. I also would like to encourage more editing after the league is passed rather than early game, as when you finish the league there arent that many things to do as on the beggining. That will keep the game truthful to its origins and entertained after you beat the league, at least that´s what i suggest.

Now when it comes to the poison types you are forgetting various strong poison pokémon like gengar or venusaur and some others, as i said before and i´ll repeat it again, its not necessary for all mons to raise their stats to be good, for example as seen on my ashinyngray project arbok with dragon dance is pretty much an automatic fix to a pokémon that only needed a boost in speed and attack to be threatening (and suits pretty well the cobra dance concept too). Same thing happens with lots of mons, ive fix already lots of them with very simple changes, stat changes i believe its the last resource if there is no other way to fix them with new moves, abilities or in the last case a typing add or change.

But in the end its your decision but i dont think its the right way to go.

Even if you give Dragon Dance to Arbok (which is a good idea, I think), it still doesn't help it all that much.

For instance... a Poison-type using its STAB puts itself at a disadvantage, unlike any other type out there. Whereas Grass is a pretty horrible offensive type, it at least hits the ubiquitous Water and Ground types super effectively, or at least for neutral. There's Pokemon with Sap Sipper who can get in your way, but the ability is rare and is pretty much reserved for low to mid tier Pokemon. Whereas, when a Poison-type like Arbok uses, say, Poison Jab, it not only has to worry about all those Pokemon who resist it, but all those (again) ubiquitous Steel-types are immune to it as well. That's a lot worse than Sap Sipper.

And then, take into consideration that Poison Jab only has a measly 80 BP. Gunk Shot, with 120 BP, only has 70 Acc.; in all practicality, unreliable and unacceptable as a main form of offense. And yet, if Arbok wants to threaten anything seriously, it has to gamble with Gunk Shot, since all of its stats are so low. Its defenses are so low, even with Intimidate, that it will die very quickly, and it needs at least 2-3 turns to faint the average opponent...

So since I'm using Arbok as an example...

If and when I choose to alter the base stats of a Pokemon, I usually try to do as little as possible. I'm not trying to make Arbok into an unstoppable killing machine, I'm just trying to make it a Pokemon that you would actually use at all. I know I haven't used an Arbok seriously since Pokemon Silver, and I ended up ditching him because he was so useless. So, what would it take to make Arbok worth using? A small HP & Attack boost and a decent boost to Speed. Arbok already has access to Coil, which helps it immensely with Gunk Shot (which I will raise the accuracy of itself), and in general. The problem is, after using Coil once, Arbok is easily outsped, remains unable to kill anything, and is subsequently taken out.

Right now, Arbok has these stats:

60 HP

85 Atk

69 Def

65 SA

79 SD

80 Spd

(438 BST)

If I changed them to...

72 HP (+12)

97 Atk (+12)

69 Def

65 SA

79 SD

118 Spd (+38)

(500 BST)

...suddenly Arbok looks really appealing! Suddenly, a Pokemon this fast (and yet still frail and not overly powerful) becomes an actual consideration -- something to regard, instead of something taken as fodder.

500 BST is not a high BST anymore. It's a pretty middle-of-the-road benchmark. Nothing outlandish.

I don't feel like I'm doing anything crazy, here. I mean, if you're going to edit the Pokemon in any way -- moves, abilities, types -- what makes base stats off limits? As long as it's tasteful and well done, who's to complain? Arbok is a Cobra. Cobra are fast! If anything, it's fun to play in a Pokemon universe where horrible Pokemon of the past have a shot at being decent. I know I get bored of each new Generation coming out and there being less and less shaking up of the status quo.

In Gen 2, we got tons of changes: genders, breeding, egg moves, time of day, move tutors, 2 new types, evolutions of many forgotten Pokemon, Weather

In Gen 3, we got: Abilities (which was, admittedly, a huge addition), expansion of move tutors, Double Battles

In Gen 4, we got: Physical-Special-Status categories (benefiting all Pokemon), evolutions of tons of forgotten Pokemon, expansion of TMs

But, in Gen 5, we just got: 3 Abilities per Pokemon instead of 2, and Triple & Rotation Battles (which function much like Double & Single Battles, respectively)

Nothing truly new in Gen 5, just expansions on themes that were already present. In other words, most of the bad Pokemon from Gen 4 are still bad Pokemon in Gen 5.

It's high time for some new blood, I think.

In any case just as i stated before that can be fixed with just a few tweeks, for example adding sheer force as an ability for arbok or any other suitable ability to increase its power further more and also by changing the base attack of the move and also of course a few resistances and weakness changes it should be enought to fix it, not only arbok but many poison types. When it comes to the inmunity of steel types thats not a big deal specially if the pokémon is strong enough at least to make considerable damage with all the other appropiate moves.

I dont know about you but i have used arbok with a choice band and its pretty damn good (comparable to the dragon dance and sheer force combination) only lacking more defense, so if you bump up the power its exactly what it needs even if it dies quickly which in the end is more than enough for the power it will be acquiring and also to leave some weak spot and not make it overpowered either, if there´s someone that knows about balance that´s me, but again its your decision, im just making my point in here and suggesting.

And just for the record a pokémons popularity or viability is not usually decided by its bst, but mostly by the combination of that and its movepool, ability and typing combination, many pokemon that have a great bst dont have the necessary abilities or typing to take the tier by storm, so in the end i believe a movepool and abilities are worth more than a 1000 BST´s, like for example ditto or gliscor one simple change and BOOM !!!

A category that has been totally absent from Pokemon up 'til now has been Rock-type Special Attackers.

Rock is a fantastic offensive type, but unlike every other type, both types of offense are not represented. Each of the other types has, in some capacity, a few Pokemon who attack mainly with Physical, Special, or both kinds of attacks of their type. Rock has 2 attacks that are Special, but both are weak. AncientPower is a joke at 60 BP (without Technician), and the 70 BP of Power Gem is hardly better. To make matters worse, Omastar has the stats, but can't (and shouldn't) learn Power Gem or Technician. Only ONE Rock-type with decent SA learns Power Gem: Probopass, who is hardly an offensive threat.

Well, no more. Oh, sure I'm going to up the power of Power Gem. POWER UP! But that's not enough. There has to be at least one Rock-type out there that can strike some Special fear into the hearts of Pokemon everywhere, and... Probopass isn't going to be an offensive powerhouse.

Say hello to the new and improved Gigalith. Yes, I said Gigalith.

gigalith.jpg

Gigalith is a pretty cool-looking Pokemon. He looks lough as nails, and he does hit pretty hard Physically, but his move pool is tiny and there isn't anything special about him. :( Well, Gigalith also has giant crystals growing out of its body. As well, his Pokedex entries ALL mention Special Attacking, often in Bright Sunlight and with SolarBeam (which he learns already). Let's up the ante, shall we?

Right now, Gigalith has these stats:

Rock

Sturdy / (Sand Force)

HP: 85

Atk: 135

Def: 130

SA: 60

SD: 70

Spd: 25

BST: 505 (Same as Golem, who he replaced)

My version of Gigalith is like this:

Rock

Solar Power / Flare Boost / (Sand Force)

HP: 85

Atk: 95

Def: 130

SA: 135

SD: 90

Spd: 25

BST: 560

This is a RARE example where completely re-imagining a Pokemon can positively effect the metagame, bolster its usage AND make total sense. In fact, this makes much more sense than my ideas on Spinda or Kecleon since it is based on the Pokemon's own in-game information. Solar Power is a no-brainer and combos well with SolarBeam, not to mention it is even mentioned in the Pokedex entry itself. Flare Boost makes sense to me, since Gigalith gets his power from sunlight, and setting himself aflame is going to boost his light-based powers greatly; this also more than makes up for the neutering of his Physical attack by burn. Sand Force stays as a decent option for powering up in Sandstorm, boosting his Special Defense as well.

Gigalith becomes monstrously powerful, but still has 5 weaknesses and is pitifully slow. It is now a Pokemon that captures the imagination and boldly makes a name for itself. To accommodate this large shift in theme, Boldore's stats will also be changed, and the level at which Boldore evolves will be somewhat high, say around Lv.45. A few new level-up moves help carry the new theme of Special attacking, such as Stored Power, Overheat, Flash Cannon, SolarBeam, and Aurora Beam (which I've made a Normal-type attack, since it really has nothing to do with Ice at all). He still gets Earth Power by move tutor.

And just for the record a pokémons popularity or viability is not usually decided by its bst, but mostly by the combination of that and its movepool, ability and typing combination, many pokemon that have a great bst dont have the necessary abilities or typing to take the tier by storm, so in the end i believe a movepool and abilities are worth more than a 1000 BST´s, like for example ditto or gliscor one simple change and BOOM !!!

A Pokemon with a perfectly diverse move pool and no stats (Wigglytuff) is just as useless as a Pokemon with great stats and no move pool (Escavalier). Both must be in balance. There is a time and a place for editing both. Arbok doesn't need new attacks; it already has a diverse and effective move pool. It needs stats. That is my stance. I don't like replacing Intimidate for Sheer Force since intimidation is Arbok's schtick. I do appreciate you opinion, however, thank you :)

Since I'm away from home for a while, I can't do any more work... just... plan, and brainstorm. However, I figured it might be fun to throw out some more of my "Rethink the Pokemon" ideas.

I never got very far in BW. I think I beat N and caught Reshiram and then kinda quit. The wild Pokemon were just so boring... and there wasn't anything afterwards to do besides fight Alder and the Battle Subway. I've never been a big Battle Tower/Subway fan; you get about 20 wins and then ridiculous hax buries you under OHKOs and criticals, haha.

So, in BW2, I'm taking my time and really soaking up Unova to its fullest. I really appreciate that they've given you so much more room to roam before the Elite Four. For instance, last night I figured out for the first time that you could get to Abundant Shrine as soon as you get to Route 14. I thought for sure it was blocked by the band of singing fellows in the gate house. No, it was just put far out of sight. But once I got to Abundant Shrine, I started thinking about Ninetales and Bronzong again.

Pok%C3%A9mon.600.121517.jpg

There' something special about Ninetales. It's not just another Fire-type. The majestic aura, the white color, the powers of mystery. I think that while Ninetales has surged once again in popularity lately, it has only been due to Drought. I see in Ninetales the potential for something really special... something that only makes sense in Unova.

At first, I wanted to start with swapping the shiny palette with the normal palette. Like the picture above, the shining silver fox is simply captivating. The reason I wanted Ninetales to be a more pure white, however, was because I wanted to convey that it now has a unique yin-yang instability inside itself.

I see Ninetales as a Pokemon of seasons. A Pokemon that thrives in its environment.

Black 2 is a world where civilization is the focus. It's a cooler world, where the desert is tamed and the volcanoes are pooled with water, much like Sootopolis. White 2, however, seems to be a world where nature has the upper hand at times. It's a hotter world, where the desert ruins evoke memories, and volcanoes rage in fiery fury.

I think that Black 2 Ninetales will focus on hiding itself, while White 2 Ninetales will focus on making itself seen. I propose this: version exclusives. I'll elaborate a bit later.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know if this might help but i made several lists of things to take in consideration on a hack that can be used by all general hackroms for bw2. Example: with the next list you can include these pokémon on the hidden grottos located in those areas, since they already inhabit those places the pokedex will show them in there and that will make more sense to get them in the hidden grotto with their hidden abilities (i think im missing some, but most of them are there) and then you can relocate all others as only accessible trough gifts and trades etc.

Route 2

Jigglypuff

lickitung

----------

Route 3

Tranquill

--------

Route 5

Gothita

Solosis

Trubish

--------

Route 6

Karrablast

Shelmet

Swadloon

Vanillite

----------

Route 7

Emolga

---------

Route 9

Duosion

Pawniard

------------

Route 13

Lunatone

Solrock

-----------

Route 18

Tropius

Carnivine

Throh

Sawk

crustle

scrafty

-----------

Route 22

Delibird

lunatone

solrock

----------

Route 23

throh

sawk

rufflet

vullaby

Buizel

-----------

Abundant Shrine

Swablu

Altaria

----------------

Giant CHasm

Delibird

lunatone

solrock

vanilish

piloswine

----------

Lostlorn Forest

Cottone

Roselia

pansage

pansear

panpour

Swadloon

venipede

buizel

------------

Pinwheel Forest

Beautifly

Gurdurr

Palpitoad

Panpour

Pansage

Pansear

Sawk

Throh

Toxicroak

--------------

Floccesy Ranch

Mareep

Riolu

---------------

You could also add rhydon, diglett, dugtrio or sableye on dustclouds, fearow, pidgeotto, staravia or other birds in flying shadows, and on rippling water add more water pokemon that do not appear ingame, (taking in account the idea of yancy and curtis giving you all previous gen starters) also the starters given to you in unova should have their hidden abilities...i guess if we could find out how to copy the file info from the jellycent on undella bay we could make every possible pokémon that come out from flying shadows, rippling water and dust clouds to have their hidden abilities too, without having to place so many pokémon only available at hidden grottos, so you can better fit them into the appropiate habitat.

Also this are some locations that you cant enter until beating the game:

Blocked Game Locations

- Skyarrow Bridge blocked for tests.

- Route 16

- A veteran blocks mistralton cave inner path.

- An elite four member blocks Twist mountain.

- Excavator blocks clay tunnel.

- A bunch of fat guys singing block black city.

- zoroark blocks entrance to castle ruins.

- Tubeline bridge blocked for tests.

- Battle Instute.

this info helps you to know where can you add or not some other pokémon so you can place them to come out after acquiring the national pokedex, which adds up to the fun after game, rather do a lot more stuff after game than before finishing the league, and of course some dialogue changes on some characters will be required.

for example since the battle instute is block you could place in here several powerful characters to battle like brendan, ritchie, paul, etc. or another example since you can only access the trainer school on striaton city after passing the league you could substitute the old man in there teaching for roxanne and include in her text that she went to unova to learn new battling methods and to teach her own, or something similiar, etc.

Those are just a few other simple general ideas i had come up with. Please make sure they fit their habitats properly when placed on all of these areas also for the sake of logic.

Btw you must be a fan of the blond froggy sage xD...just so you know that is also another hidden reason for the change i made on her (moved drought to torkoal and placed contrary on vulpix and ninetales, which fits like crazy) considering that she can become a major balanced player considering all the harm it can cause but also all the things that can stop her or surpass her, you could use this to centralize the story around her or at least place her as one of the main pokémon own by a major character in the story if desired.

Another fix you could do on the previous talk we had about poison types to start with is to buff up gunk shot accuracy to 85% and poison chance to 10% just like a fire blast. and bump up poison jab to 100 power with 20% poison chance and boost the rest of them or add more effects to add on value, at least that´s what i did to help them in that sense. On the particular gigalith special side its not very appealing as an special attacker at least imo, i think that position suits better on archeops which also has the stats for that already or maybe nosepass or probopass if you raise their special attack stats.

PS: Previously wasnt talking about removing intimidate on arbok but rather unnerve lol. On the part of the stat area i get you perfectly, just as you said they are important, but imo stats fixes are overrated because if you start to change all pokémon that dont have the standards of todays metagame youre going to pretty much end up buffing up a great quantity of pokémon and also lossing their essence on the process and in the end the stats usually wont determine how good it is, but rather their movepools, abilities and typing will decide that... I But as i usually say its only a friendly suggestion :)... this is easily solved by making a poll to see what people would rather like if; buffing up more the stats of pokémon to fix them, make them usable and lose their essence, or looking for suitable combinations of abilities or niches to fix them while keeping the same base stats to balance them.

Edited by wyndamn

• 1 month later...

Something that I think annoys all of us, but that is rarely dealt with, is the fact that using an evolution stone on a Pokemon usually means that it won't learn any more attacks -- Eevee and users of the Dawn Stone are some exceptions.

For instance, how many times have you decided you want to use an Arcanine or some such, and yet almost gave up on it halfway through the game, due to the conundrum you find yourself in: evolve early and miss out on the best attacks, or evolve late but be left with a Pokemon with horrible stats?

No more, I say. From now on, you don't have to worry about if you should evolve a Pokemon with a stone or not, more or less. Now you can evolve Petilil at level 17 and still get Leaf Storm! Also, Pokemon like Lilligant, who learn some attacks only after they have evolved, will still learn all those attacks, too, in addition to the attacks of their lower forms, like Petilil.

As a bonus, Pokemon like Raichu who gained no new attacks at all by evolving by any means will have a few attacks thrown in for good measure. Can't let Pokemon like Cloyster have all the fun, right?

I'm looking into removing the necessity for Incense items in breeding, as well. If something is a baby Pokemon, it ought to pop out naturally. What is the point of Pokemon like Budew if you can hatch a baby Roselia? One measly egg move? It doesn't even make sense for a creature to be able to start its life multiple ways within one species. Life doesn't always end the same, but it always begins more or less the same!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update:

My sister, who's great with computer art, is helping me with concept art for the sprite re-colors I want to have commissioned. Once she's done, I'm going to start asking around the net for sprite artists to help with this part of the project :)

I think I'm going to completely overhaul Marlon's script. I think, out of all the characters in BW2, he was the most inconsequential. Pretty sad, for an 8th Gym... Yeah, that part of the story needs a facelift.

Editing is moving along at a comfortable clip. I like to switch around what I do from time to time so I don't get bored of any one thing. New tools from Andi and Alpha have really helped progress. Thanks, everybody! Couldn't be doing this without Project Pokemon :)

As far as new discoveries go, for me, I'm excited to try and eliminate the need for Incense in breeding altogether. Not sure if I'm experienced enough to tackle it or not, but I'm thankful for Bond697's tip, there.

The name of the hacks fits perfectly LOL

Some suggestions if you don't mind:

- Make Challenge Mode INSANELY HARD

- Gym Leaders and Elite 4 having dual type pokes instead of being mono types

I do like to help editing attack moves and pokemon's ~all stats~ like you did with gigalith.

If you'd like to help, go ahead and PM me some ideas and we can work together. Would you like to just give ideas, or do actual rom hacking?

On another note... Since Bond 697 kindly found the Gen 5 type effectiveness information, this project WILL feature at least a few tweaks to the type chart, one way or another. I haven't decided on what the changes will be exactly, though. There were many times in the past when I would plan out this sort of thing, but since I had given up hope of doing this in Gen 5, I had gotten rid of many of my previous plans.

I wouldn't worry too much... I think the changes will be conservative. Not many, just a few to make the game a little more fair.

If you'd like to help, go ahead and PM me some ideas and we can work together. Would you like to just give ideas, or do actual rom hacking?

Honestly, just throwing you some ideas.. e.g. remaking a pokemon's base stats, move list, abilities and so on. Just list a few pokemons if you are out of ideas/creativity.

About the Type Effectiveness Chart on the 1st page:

- Poison types really deserves more offensively. I will just blindly throw something like Super-Effective against Dragons just because they deserve it.

- Water types looks solid. I see it difficult to change them either offensively or defensively.

- Dragon types offensively are even more difficult to change them unless you nerf outrage/draco meteor or remove their coverage moves which i don't think is a good idea.

- Ice types, as you said, are just terrible defensively. My personal solution to this is to buff their base stats a lot, though i don't think this will fix the main issue.

- Electric types IMO are fine. If you feel Thundurus-T is too powerful just nerf him, the same goes to Zapdos with Lightning Rod if necessary.

- "Type attributes just don't make any sense" I feel in the same way as you, but the magic words "This is a video game" already fix this "issue".

- I think Grass types are rather weak in both sides(excluding sleep powder and friends).

Anyway, i do like to know if you are gonna change something in the following list:

- Paralyze inducing moves

- Sleep inducing moves

- Freeze inducing moves

- 90 ~ 95% Accuracy based moves

Something is missing..

Yes, i am talking about hax/luck, just i like to know your opinions.

I'm okay with hax. It's a part of the game. The scope of my edit isn't to remove hax... there have been edits that have done that already, if I'm not mistaken.

So, yes, you will find some 90% and 95% accurate attacks. I haven't gone through and massively changed all the attacks, though I have done many edits. I'll go ahead and post my current list of changes, since you brought it up :) Keep in mind: if you see an edit that is identical to BBVW or AShinyNGray, it's likely that I got the idea from them or just have a similar opinion. Regardless, they're going in the credits for this project, so don't fret. I also did a lot of unique ideas, so don't worry.

Aspects changed will be in bold font. Former aspects will be in parenthesis.

MOVE CHANGES

Comet Punch - Type: Fighting (Normal), Power: 20 (18)

Mega Punch - Type: Fighting (Normal)

Pay Day - Type: Steel (Normal), PP: 40 (20)

Razor Wind - Type: Flying (Normal) * Yes, this move still sucks. No, you can't take a two-turn attack and make it a one-turn attack, or the animation will suck.

Cut - Type: Grass (Normal), Power: 60 (50)

Whirlwind - Type: Flying (Normal)

Mega Kick - Type: Fighting (Normal)

Poison Sting - Power: 30 (15)

Twin Needle - Power: 40x2 (25x2)

Pin Missile - Power: 15 (14)

Sonic Boom - Effect: Seismic Toss effect (Always does 20 damage)

Bubble Beam - Effect: 30% chance of lowering Speed (10% chance)

Aurora Beam - Type: Normal (Ice), Power: 70 (65), Effect: 30% chance of lowering Attack (10% chance)

Drill Peck - Power: 90 (80), Effect: +1 critical stage (none)

Strength - Power: 90 (80)

Petal Dance - Accuracy: 90% (100%), Effect: Target all (like Earthquake), 30% chance to inflict confusion on targets, only attacks for 1 turn (Confuses user after 2-3 turns of attack) *This attack is vastly improved. In Double or Triple battles, try using it with Sap Sipper teammates!

Dragon Rage - Effect: Seismic Toss effect (Always does 40 damage)

Haze - Type: Poison (Ice) *Why would black smoke be Ice?

Egg Bomb - Type: Fire (Normal), Accuracy: 80% (75%), Effect: Flame Burst effect (none)

Lick - Type: Normal (Ghost)

Bone Club - Type: Ghost (Ground)

Bonemerang - Type: Ghost (Ground)

Bone Rush - Type: Ghost (Ground)

Clamp - Power: 70 (35)

Skull Bash - Type: Fire (Normal) *Still crappy, but a lot more fun

Poison Gas - Accuracy: 90% (80%), Effect: Targets entire field, like Trick Room (Targets all enemies)

Barrage - Type: Psychic (Normal), Power: 25 (15)

Explosion - Power: 255 (250)

Sludge Bomb - Power: 95 (90)

Iron Tail - Accuracy: 85% (75%)

Metal Claw - Power: 60 (55)

Arm Thrust - Power: 28 (15) *12.5% chance for 140 Power attack

Feather Dance - Effect: Quiver Dance effect (Charm effect)

Blaze Kick - Power: 95 (85)

Needle Arm - Power: 80 (60)

Poison Fang - Power: 65 (50), Effect: 100% chance to inflict Toxic poison (30% chance)

Rock Tomb - Power: 55 (50)

Shadow Punch - Power: 80 (60)

Frenzy Plant - Category: Physical (Special), Effect: Eruption effect (Hyper Beam effect)

Poison Tail - Power: 60 (50)

Shock Wave - Power: 40 (60), Effect: +1 priority *Still can't miss

Psycho Boost - Power: 70 (140), Effect: Facade effect (-2 Sp.Attack stages)

Assurance - Power: 55 (50)

Seed Bomb - Effect: Flame Burst effect (none)

Trump Card - PP: 2 (5)

Poison Jab - Power: 95 (80)

Power Gem - PP: 15 (20), Power: 80 (70), Effect: 20% chance to lower Accuracy (none)

Avalanche - Power: 85 (60/120), Accuracy: 90% (100%), Effect: Target all enemies in range (2-3), 10% chance to freeze, normal priority (-4 priority, Revenge effect)

Shadow Claw - Power: 75 (70)

Psycho Cut - Power: 80 (70)

Flash Cannon - Power: 95 (80)

Rock Wrecker - Effect: Superpower effect (Hyper Beam effect)

Cross Poison - PP: 5 (20), Power: 100 (70)

Gunk Shot - Accuracy: 85% (70%)

Wring Out - Power: 120 (1-120), Accuracy: 90% (100%), Effect: none

Crush Grip - Power: 120 (1-120), Accuracy: 90% (100%), Effect: none

Magma Storm - Accuracy: 85% (75%)

Venoshock - Power: 70 (65)

Acid Spray - Power: 60 (40)

Hex - Power: 55 (50)

Sky Drop - Power: 90 (60)

Struggle Bug - Power: 40 (30)

Steamroller - PP: 10 (20), Power: 120 (65), Accuracy: 85% (100%)

Night Daze - Power: 100 (85)

Techno Blast - Power: 100 (85)

Glaciate - Power: 100 (65)

Psystrike - Power: 130 (100)

Aeroblast - Power: 130 (100)

Sacred Fire - Power: 130 (100)

Rollout - Type: Ground (Rock)

Rock Climb - Type: Rock (Normal), PP: 15 (20)

Guillotine - Type: Steel (Normal), Power: 120 (none), Accuracy: 80% (30%+), Effect: +1 critical (OHKO)

Drill Run - Power: 90 (80)

Horn Drill - Type: Ground (Normal), Power: 70 (none), Accuracy: 100% (30%+), Effect: +1 critical (OHKO) *I made Drill Run more powerful than Horn Drill; Drill Run uses the entire body, while Horn Drill just uses the horn.

Fissure - Power: 120 (none), Accuracy: 90% (30%+), Effect: 33% recoil (OHKO)

Sheer Cold - Power: 10 (none), Accuracy: 100% (30%+), Effect: 30% chance to freeze (OHKO) *Oh yeah, baby.

Stockpile - Effect: Cosmic Power effect

Spit Up - Power: 100 (100-300), Effect: 10% chance to inflict poison

Swallow - Effect: Recover effect

Ancient Power - Power: 100 (60), Accuracy: 90% (100%)

Keep in mind, I edited all the in-game move descriptions that needed changed, so while you're playing you won't necessarily have to check a guide; the game itself will tell you what's up. Just try to pay attention :bidoof:

I'm okay with hax. It's a part of the game..

Okay' date=' i will EMBRACE THE HAX.

Bone Club - Type: Ghost (Ground)

Bonemerang - Type: Ghost (Ground)

Bone Rush - Type: Ghost (Ground)

Spooky Marowak?

Explosion - Power: 255 (250)

You could try Crit Stage 6 if you liked the good old explosion' date=' though i think you already knew it.

Sheer Cold - Power: 10 (none), Accuracy: 100% (30%+), Effect: 30% chance to freeze (OHKO) *Oh yeah, baby.

Oh boy..

Anyway, everything else looks fine.

Oh yeah, I forgot about using maximum critical stage for huge base powers! I'll have to do that for Explosion & Self-destruct.

And yeah, Marowak's getting spooky. Plus, it always bothered me that Bonemerang couldn't hit Flying-types, since boomerangs are designed to take out birds... Hmm... maybe it ought to have Smack Down's effect! Yeah, I like that.

Edit: As far as ideas on types... these are ideas I have. I'm not saying these will 100% be in, but they're ideas I've toyed with since Gen 4.

Electric 0.5x Rock

Poison 0.5x Steel

Fighting 1x Steel (maybe; has to go in tandem with...)

Electric 2x Steel (maybe)

Dragon 0.5x Ice

Rock 1x Ice

Flying 1x Grass

Grass 1x Dragon

Ground 1x Rock

Net effect:

Types that improve defensively: Ice, Rock, Grass

Types that improve offensively: Grass, Poison

Types that worsen defensively: Dragon, Steel

Types that worsen offensively: Ground, Flying, Rock, Dragon, Electric, Fighting (except for Ice, Water, and Fire, all the best offensive types)

Later, maybe I'll post some examples of what this would do to some notable Pokemon. I think you'll find that these changes are pretty good. I think a few of them could be dropped, though, like the Fighting and Electric changes to Steel.

Also, I do have an idea of a way to change Draco Meteor, but I'm not sure I want to do it yet...

Edited by aninymouse

Damn it, Fury Cutter caps at 160 base power what a failure! anyway..

Electric 0.5x Rock

Poison 0.5x Steel

Fighting 1x Steel (maybe; has to go in tandem with...)

Electric 2x Steel (maybe)

Dragon 0.5x Ice

Rock 1x Ice

Flying 1x Grass

Grass 1x Dragon

Ground 1x Rock

Poison needs more love! At least 1x against steels, personally.

Dragon 0.5x against Ice and Grass 1x against Dragons, i like them.

Rock 1x against Ice and Ground 1x against Rock.. sounds reasonable but i am not sure.

And about everything else.. i don't know.

You may also want to consider Steel type offensively, e.g. 1x against Fire

Also' date=' I do have an idea of a way to change Draco Meteor, but I'm not sure I want to do it yet...[/quote']

Intriguing.

I think Steel is 0.5x against Fire because, if you were to wear a suit of armor and grab a source of great heat, pretty soon you're gonna cook inside that suit of armor. Yes, offensively Steel isn't that great, but it does well as a neutral attack most of the time. On Pokemon who don't make good use of Steel STAB currently, like Empoleon, the defensive properties most than compensate for the useless STAB.

Poison 1x against Steel I could see, both the sludge kind and the acid kind... the venom kind wouldn't make much sense, but ah well.

I'm thinking of letting both Fighting and Electric be neutral against Steel. This would be fairest to Steel-types. Electric-weak Steels suddenly seem to crumble too easily. Fighting super-effective against Steel never made ANY sense at all. While a Karate guy can hit a Knight in armor a lot more often, that Knight isn't going to feel the effects of his blows as much, either.

Since you are changing the type chart, i am wondering if the rock type table affects the move Stealth Rock.

Btw, how is your progress?

Stealth Rock should, in theory, fall in step with any changes I make. Whether or not that will happen will become clear once I do some play testing, later on.

Progress is coming along, little by little. I keep my files on a thumb drive so I can work at multiple computers. Heck of a lot cheaper than cloud software services. Still, at times I forget to update my thumb drive and a week will go by with only one day of progress. Even so, I'm always looking for things to improve.

I'm not planning on posting all my ideas before the project is complete, however, or else there won't be any surprises! Suffice to say, most of my time has been spent making the Pokemon themselves feel like more fun to use. For instance, the Whismur, Loudred & Exploud family:

Although they can learn a lot of tutor moves and TMs, the natural move pool for these guys is bordering on absurd -- absurdly horrible, that is. One aspect that sucks is that if you evolve Whismur, it learns attacks at an incredibly slow rate. Level 71 for Exploud to learn Hyper Voice? Yeah, I don't think so. I've rearranged their attacks so that they come at reasonable levels, and added some new ones to help it along, like Avalanche (which are famously started by loud noises in the mountains) and Hurricane (if there's one thing Exploud does well, it's using those big lungs of his).

Or, for example, take Gyarados & Magikarp:

If you're wanting to train a Gyarados, everyone who does so, by now, already knows to expect to carry Magikarp around like dead weight until Level 20. Well, I'm not going to change that aspect much. However, some things that disturbs me a bit about Gyarados are both it's tiny learn pool and the low levels that it gets all its attacks. Until you get Earthquake, for instance, you have Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, and Dragon Dance... and nothing else. Granted, that's almost good enough as it is with Gyarados' great typing, stats and ability, but it just feels so... anticlimactic. Expect Gyarados to learn almost double the number of attacks he currently does. Some examples include Crunch, Dragon Tail, Coil, Double-Edge, Searing Shot, etc. I also bumped up Gyarados' Special Attack a bit, like the old RBY days.