My very first team

Utopia

This is my first attempt at getting something even closer to a Competitive Team. In this case we're talking about UU. Please, be kind, polite and try to explain :biggrin:

038.png

FOXee (Ninetales) (F) @ Life Orb

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Energy Ball

- Nasty Plot

- Flamethrower

- Hypnosis

Let's start with the gorgeous shiny Ninetales. First of all I'll set to sleep the opponent and then use Nasty Plot in order to boost Ninetales stats. Energy Ball gives a nice coverage against Water and Rocks, especially with Life Orb.

---

272.png

Greenpeace (Ludicolo) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 252 HP/76 SAtk/180 SDef

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Leech Seed

- Protect

- Grass Knot

- Ice Beam

And here we've got the wonderful Staller. Protects on the switch then starts Leech Seeding everything. Grass Knot gives me coverage against Gyarados, Suicune, Vaporeon and Milotic, while Ice Beam puts down freaky Dragons.

---

110.png

Big smoke beast (Weezing) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Flamethrower

- Thunderbolt

- Pain Split

- Haze

He's my physical wall. Flamethrower kicks away ugly bugs. Thunderbolt scares Gyarados while Haze is good for hindering Baton Pass teams.

---

379.png

Steel Heel (Registeel) @ Leftovers

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 252 HP/100 Atk/156 SDef

Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Iron Head

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Thunder Wave

Here it comes the Tank! Registeel is scared by Fire-, Fightning- and Ground-tipe attacks, but Earthquake kills the nasty ground/fire pokèmon such as Blaziken or Arcanine and Thunder Wave helps me stop fast Fire and Fightning types on the switch.

---

080.png

Dunno (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Own Tempo

EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Slack Off

- Surf

- Psychic

- Toxic

He's Registeel perfect partner. Protects him from Fire and Fightning types and it's a one of the most powerful Bulky Water pokèmon. Slack Off provides walling against physical sweepers, while Psychic helps him super-effectively hit both Poison and Fightning types.

---

344.png

The doll (Claydol) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/114 SAtk

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Rapid Spin

- Stealth Rock

- Earth Power

- Shadow Ball

Last but not least my Rapid Spinner. With Levitate she's also immune to Spikes or Toxic Spikes. Shadow Ball hits big black ghosts who come in on the switch and he can set Stealth Rocks.

---

You mention Vaporeon, Suicune, and Gyarados in your post, but you start out saying it's an UU team. Is this an UU team that's competing in the UU tier, or an UU tier competing against the OU tier? My rate would greatly vary depending on the answer.

I'm going to assume that many of the pokemon here, whos sets are extremely similar to smogon sets, were taken directly from smogon as were some of the descriptions. Many of Smogon's UU sets directly mention OU pokemon.

Alright, time to rate.

Ninetales: Ninetales is totally standard but shes not a good lead. The strategy seems fine, but some of the most common leads in UU (Electrode, Ambipom, Spiritomb) all easily counter Ninetales. Electrode will outspeed you and Taunt. Ambipom will flinch you then run away to an appropriate counter, or something to suck up Hypnosis. Spiritomb will not outspeed you, but he is immune to Hypnosis, and can Taunt and stall you with Pain Split + Sucker Punch.

As such, Ninetales is a pokemon that can easily pull her own weight; unfortunately, she is best used to switch in on a pokemon that can do nothing, attempt to sleep or NP up, and then try to sweep. She isn't all that useful as a Lead. A Lead should set up something that your team can use; that could be almost anything from Rain to Trick Room, although in your team, I can't see enough synergy to use much other then an entry hazard.

Ludicolo: Smogon set. Nothing to say.

Weezing: Your entire team is smogon, isn't it. Great. W/e. Anyway, I never liked Weezing seeing how easily he is counterable; Haze is fine to get rid of physical attackers who try to stat up.

Anyway, I would take him out. Your team needs more offense. Suggestions at the end.

Registeel: More smogon. Fantastic. Honestly, I would swap Earthquake for Explosion. Registeel has fantastic defenses, but Earthquake would do pitiful damage to its main counters (any setup pokemon really). Thunder wave is good. By the way, using Registeel makes Weezing even more useless. Honestly I don't see why Weezing is even in UU. =\

Anyway, Registeel is a great pokemon, but put Explosion over Earthquake; Registeel doesnt have enough attack to do significant damage to his counters, and Explosion is powerful enough to take out most UU pokemon that aren't physically bulky.

Slowbro: Slowbro works great with Registeel, countering most of Registeel's common counters and taking them down (most of his counters are not specially bulky) with Surf. Anyway, I'm not going to say more here.

Claydol: Well... whatever. I don't see any particular synergy from Claydol, but... I don't see why not...

Anyway, overall, you massively lack offense and you need a new lead. Firstly, Ninetales is an option, as she adds powerful STAB Fire, NP, and grass. Unfortunately though, you have very few physical moves. Chansey, Clefable, Weezing, and Registeel totally wall your team. As such, you need a powerful fighting type. Blaziken is an excellent option instead of Ninetales, keeping a powerful fire STAB and adding some new Fighting type moves, which conveniently counter half the pokemon that wall your team. Run a physical choice scarf set, and you might aswell copy it from Smogon instead of having me copy over a moveset.

For a new lead, you might consider a Nidoqueen running Toxic Spikes. Two layers of Toxic Spikes make a Ludicolo stall so much easier, along with stalling using Registeel and Slowbro's great opposite resistances. I do reccomend running kind of a different set then the Smogon standard based on your team's needs; running Toxic Spikes / Taunt / Earthquake / Poison Jab or Stone Edge (either would be fine, although Stone Edge would probably be more useful, though Poison Jab has higher accuracy, more power [thanks to STAB], and a chance to poison) is a good idea because it offers physical STABs to your team, Toxic Spikes, and a Taunt. Run Lum Berry and Poison Point. Use the standard 252 HP / 200 Def / 12 SpD / 44 Spe, you can read up on Smogon if you want details.

Anyway, I reccomend you make some changes and then just go play with it on Shoddy for a while. You will very quickly see UU pokemon that easily destroy your team, and the more you get used to using your pokemon, the more you'll see their weaknesses and what pokemon really don't work. I think Claydol is the weakest link, but thats for you to find out.

Cheers.

Unfortunately I had to use Smogon sets because I'm not really into the competitive battling. Movesets are still a bit difficult for me to build combined with EVs and nature. That's the only reason why I followed Smogon, because I'm a noob of competitive battles xD

By the way. Thanks for your suggestions and I'll try to edit the team as you suggested.

P.s.: yes, it's a UU team that is meant to take over the big ugly OUs that's why I cared of Gyarados, Suicune and other pokèmons from the OU tier list.

All of my rates were designed for UU vs UU. Against OU, its totally different, and I don't reccomend it; it takes a massive amount of skill and luck to have any sort of success with an all UU team taking on an OU team. One or two UU pokemon that fit perfectly with an OU team can work just fine, but not an entire team of them.

I'm actually worried that my suggestions will make your team far worse in OU, so if you really want to stay in OU, don't change anything... although Nidoqueen lead would be nice. And use Infernape instead of Blaziken, running full physical.