Pokemon Perfect Platinum

Roland

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh heh, I've been trying to figure out something for that for awhile now...

You see, I am completely producing this through emulation so I have not been underground in platinum (although I have been in Diamond) and if I do happen to think of a way that wouldn't break the game for flashcart users I may implement it...

We'll see...

When do you think the new scripting tools will be released? I could sure use them.

Are you also trying to make it so that on the emulator we can go on wifi or something?

As for the scripting tools, I cannot say, as we find a massive error in the scripting and I am still awaiting to find out why it happened, and as for your 2nd question, look at the post above yours...

I cannot say what is going to happen with scripting at this point because I wrote a new script and tried it out, it didn't quite work the way I wanted (we aren't sure why) and so I tried some other tests with the same script and it was still doing the exact same thing, despite me completely changing what it was supposed to do... So unable to figure out why, I restored the default script back into place and nothing changed! It was like the edited (and supposedly flawed) script was still in place... so until we figure out wtf happened there, things are up in the air...

I think I might know what happened. Maybe it was that the program has a faulty script injector code, or it could be that once you replace a normal script with a edited script you cannot replace it again with the normal script. I wonder if it has something to do with the tool.

EDIT: Bug report: When I was on route 203 And after I battled the trainer named "Youngster Dallas" I ran around in the tall grass. I encountered a level 68 Ekans! Ekans is not a legendary pokemon so.. idk whats wrong with it... lol.

EDIT: I think it is normal now don't worry false alarm... I think.

I also have a suggestion... I was thinking that maybe it would make your pokemon platinum perfect mod interesting and fun if you edited the trainers pokemon... Like gave them different pokemon and levels. Does that sound like a good idea?

I think I might know what happened. Maybe it was that the program has a faulty script injector code, or it could be that once you replace a normal script with a edited script you cannot replace it again with the normal script. I wonder if it has something to do with the tool.

EDIT: Bug report: When I was on route 203 And after I battled the trainer named "Youngster Dallas" I ran around in the tall grass. I encountered a level 68 Ekans! Ekans is not a legendary pokemon so.. idk whats wrong with it... lol.

EDIT: I think it is normal now don't worry false alarm... I think.

I also have a suggestion... I was thinking that maybe it would make your pokemon platinum perfect mod interesting and fun if you edited the trainers pokemon... Like gave them different pokemon and levels. Does that sound like a good idea?

um... That Ekans should have been level 4... I have no idea why that happened... As for the program thing, I'll talk to the creator, he's a friend of mine and he created this site...

Okay and I figured out what was wrong... I accidentally messed up some kind of Pokemon modifier code. sorry for the inconvenience lol.

EDIT: also what do you think about my trainer pokemon suggestion?

Whoops! I forgot to mention, I have been playing with the idea, but some trainers concern me because they come with a specific moveset.... That and there is 927 trainers in game...

Yeah.. and... you have to figure out which trainer is which -___-. I wanted to know if i can have permission to mess around with the trainers pokemon and just experiment with a few things..? I won't release it and I won't make any vids of it unless you want me to. lol.So do I have your permission?

The attachment is a wifi plugin for iDeaS it works to go underground on Platinum but iDeaS Sound and Graphics suck maybe it can be used some how on no$gba or somthing.

I wouldn't know anyway to implement it, and for the record I was aware of the plugin, I have tried IdeaS but the sound is garbage so I dunno what to do for now...

Im on the 6th gym now :)

Hard challenging stuff :P

Btw Roland do you ever go on IRC?

I take it you are playing challenger's edition?

I f***in loved my E4 battles on challenger's edition!

And as for IRC, I could swear we have had conversations on the site's IRC channel... But yea, I'm a half-op on the site IRC, I just haven't had much spare time lately, I've been workin on getting a job since I have been jobless for 5 months... I may be on later today...

b1F is not in the wild pokemon editor, and me and SCV have confirmed there are 3 areas in coronet that were not in d/p ( not to mention various other areas )

I helped him with the next release of PPRE, I literally helped make most of the map list (I think we found 78 unidentified areas in total that were not in D/P)

And thanks for the lakes confirmation...

I am not saying you are wrong, only that the area to find feebas in an unmoded platinum is the same as it was in diamond and pearl. Its just wierd that the editor would have turnback cave, which as far as I know isn't in D/P and not the feebas fishing area. (Mind you I am assuming that the editor was not specifically updated for platinum, and it just reads the hex data and parses it appropriately.

~D~