Pokemon Perfect Platinum

Roland

What's the status of a location list? Assuming somebody is still working on that. Because a location list would be really handy.

If nobody else is I'll do it. I've been working on a personal one for Perfect HeartGold and SoulSilver, so I wouldn't mind doing this game either.

hi im new and all and i just want to tell you that is there an updated version link in this fourm???? ive looked but i cant find it sorry if it is and i missed it but any way are you going to make an isshu region one 2!?!?!!? That would be AWESOME!!!!

You know, I'm guessing this is a bit too early to be thinking about that. I mean, even when it comes out, a lot of hacking would need to be done. Regardless, however, if there is success in hacking it like the IV generation, than you should indeed expect to get a mod like this.

EDIT: I should be done with the location list by Sunday. Expect on for Perfect HG/SS as well.

DOUBLE EDIT: Might be later than Sunday; possibly Monday. The way I'm doing the list is by the order of locations you go throughout the game i.e. from Twinleaf to 201, etc.

HOLY TRIPLE EDIT: Okay, okay, so I haven't exactly worked on the list as planned. That doesn't mean it hasn't been worked on, but it's not really in a complete state. School started, shit happens, etc. As it turns out, I will attempt and document a Nuzlocke Challenge on SoulSilver (I will post it at the Nuzlocke Forums), while working on the Perfect HGSS list (to be posted here, if completed; I'm also playing Black, so I don't expect to finish anytime soon).

Edited by geox123

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I download PPCE GUI Version.zip and attempt to extract the files I always get this error,

"CRC failed in xdelta.exe. The file is corrupt"

I have downloaded it multiple times now and allways get this error. And I cannot download the non GUI version because Mediafire is down atm.

(sorry if this error has been experienced and fixed before I have not looked through the thread yet.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
yea, I was considering the notepad idea, but I probably won't get to it until all of the pokemon are in there final locations, after playing through it I've seen some stuff I wanna tweak, move, and remove. Especially since I confirmed last week that all my edited evolutions do work perfectly!

Er dun mind me but is there a notepad on legendaries locations? Im currently hunting down kyogre, lugia, mewtwo. Anyone can tell me where are they? thx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, this rom is just amazing and you've done great job! : ) But I need help in one thing - no matter what I do, I can't do ingame trades : ( I tried repatching a clean rom, then downloaded a new one and tried it again. I tried playing on desmume, and on nosgba and it still freezes during the trade... Maybe somebody has the same problem or knows what to do? Please reply...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello there.

First, I must say that I am incredibly thankful that someone went to the bother to create this. I have been a fan of the Pokemon franchise since its beginning, though I never played any of the video games because it always irked me that you couldn't CATCH 'EM ALL in any one game, and that acquiring a large number of Pokemon required trading them etc (I play video games to NOT interact with other people). So when a friend of mine found this hack for me and set me up with it, I was thrilled that I could finally become a Pokemon master and CATCH 'EM ALL just as I had always dreamed.

However, I do have some questions.

1: What does this mean: "4 event items are available through in-game trades. Allowing access to event legendaries. (Be sure to remove the items from the pokemon once the trade is completed!)" What is an event item? What is an in-game trade? Remove what items from what pokemon once what trade is completed? I do want to catch these pokemon, but not being an experienced pokemon game-player, I am baffled by this brief instruction. Could someone please explain this process more thoroughly?

2: I see from earlier in this thread that there was some talk of an informal location list. Did this ever happen? I would be highly interested in it. Namely because I keep being stumped in my efforts to CATCH 'EM ALL.

I haven't encountered any bugs or anything in my play-through of this game. Many thanks again for its creation; I never want to play pokemon any other way.

Hello there.

First, I must say that I am incredibly thankful that someone went to the bother to create this. I have been a fan of the Pokemon franchise since its beginning, though I never played any of the video games because it always irked me that you couldn't CATCH 'EM ALL in any one game, and that acquiring a large number of Pokemon required trading them etc (I play video games to NOT interact with other people). So when a friend of mine found this hack for me and set me up with it, I was thrilled that I could finally become a Pokemon master and CATCH 'EM ALL just as I had always dreamed.

However, I do have some questions.

1: What does this mean: "4 event items are available through in-game trades. Allowing access to event legendaries. (Be sure to remove the items from the pokemon once the trade is completed!)" What is an event item? What is an in-game trade? Remove what items from what pokemon once what trade is completed? I do want to catch these pokemon, but not being an experienced pokemon game-player, I am baffled by this brief instruction. Could someone please explain this process more thoroughly?

2: I see from earlier in this thread that there was some talk of an informal location list. Did this ever happen? I would be highly interested in it. Namely because I keep being stumped in my efforts to CATCH 'EM ALL.

I haven't encountered any bugs or anything in my play-through of this game. Many thanks again for its creation; I never want to play pokemon any other way.

1: An event item is a special that activates an event that allows you to fight/catch a legendary pokemon otherwise not accessible. ex. the Azure Flute to activate the Arceus event. An in-game trade is trading pokemon with a random character that appears in the game. ex. NPC offers you a Buizel and asks for a Combee in return. The pokemon you get will hold one of the event items that are needed to access the event legendaries.

2: Someone was working on a Location list but we never heard from him again. So basically there is no list available currently.

• 1 month later...

So, I've attempted to contact Roland about this, but since it doesn't look like he's been active for quite a time, I thought I'd post here as well to see if I can get my question answered any faster this way.

I'm very very close to catching 'em all. I just need to know the general (or specific) whereabouts of the following:

Kyogre

Groudon

Shieldon and/or Blastiodon (I have an odd ID#, so no luck in the underground)

Other than that I've managed to get all the Pokemon. I hope to make a location list (since no one else has) when I'm done... Not that I managed to find EVERY single one in the wild (a number were evolved or bred), but once I have the above list, I'll have every single Pokemon available in this game.

I really hope that someone here can help me out. And if not, I hope that someone can point Roland in my direction so I can get help from the creator himself. Many thanks!

Edited by FattyFatFatFat

• 4 weeks later...
yea, I was considering the notepad idea, but I probably won't get to it until all of the pokemon are in there final locations, after playing through it I've seen some stuff I wanna tweak, move, and remove. Especially since I confirmed last week that all my edited evolutions do work perfectly!

Did you ever make this notepad document with the Pokemon locations?

As a side note I am using the challenger edition and would love to know when things start getting harder? It seems the earliest part of the game is unchanged?

Thanx for the hack/patch! :smile:

So, I've attempted to contact Roland about this, but since it doesn't look like he's been active for quite a time, I thought I'd post here as well to see if I can get my question answered any faster this way.

I'm very very close to catching 'em all. I just need to know the general (or specific) whereabouts of the following:

Kyogre

Groudon

Shieldon and/or Blastiodon (I have an odd ID#, so no luck in the underground)

Other than that I've managed to get all the Pokemon. I hope to make a location list (since no one else has) when I'm done... Not that I managed to find EVERY single one in the wild (a number were evolved or bred), but once I have the above list, I'll have every single Pokemon available in this game.

I really hope that someone here can help me out. And if not, I hope that someone can point Roland in my direction so I can get help from the creator himself. Many thanks!

I have gone ahead and started up an excel sheet with the locations as well. In case he does not plan on releasing the list.

• 1 month later...

All right.

So, after much to-do, I got in touch with Roland and managed to catch the last Pokemon I needed. Horray!

Now that that is done, I am slowly but surely compiling a spreadsheet of locations. I am currently about 75% through it. Expect to see it within a few weeks.

SO, here it is! The mighty location list!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuFWDSHDcYsrdGw5WWViR0dwaDEtSjdPc2J3WWpjX1E&hl=en_US&authkey=CKnxkcAE

Roland should be posting the downloadable file to the main page sometime soon, but since this is already here, I'll give you the deets:

-This spreadsheet is a direct transcription of the pokemon location file that's used in this hack. I did my best, but spreadsheeting is kind of mind-numbing, so there may be the occasional error. Let me know if you find one and I'll fix it.

-Next to each pokemon I've noted the locations that include them.

-There are even handily color-coded (see legend at top of spreadsheet).

-If a pokemon could be encountered in multiple ways at a single location (e.g., both Walking Anytime and Walking Night, or Walking Anytime and Surfing, or Old Rod and Super Rod) I only bothered to note the first method. If you're looking that hard for a single pokemon in a single location, it might be worth trying different methods/times.

-I only bothered to note down a maximum of eight locations per pokemon. I mean, do you really need to know every single place you can find a magikarp? If you're having that much trouble finding one, you may need more help than I can give you.

-This list does not take into account pokemon that you can get through the underground, mass outbreaks, or the trophy garden. Almost all of those are available in the wild anyway.

-For all of the legendaries that you get either through the plot or event items, I just made a note of that.

-I've noticed that there are some inaccuracies in the location file's documentation. For example, Iron Island Cave B2F Left and Right should be reversed. The spreadsheet does not reflect this. Also, some pokemon that SHOULD be able to be encountered at anytime only show up in the morning (bastiodon is the only such one I can confirm, but I suspect others). If you're having trouble finding a pokemon at the location/time noted on the spreadsheet, it may be worth trying other methods/times.

-The following pokemon are not available in the wild and must be bred, evolved, mined, or trophy gardened:

Ivysaur

Charmeleon

Wartortle

Blastoise

Weedle

Wigglytuff

Persian

Alakazam

Exeggutor

Porygon

Omastar

Kabutops

Bayleef

Meganium

Quilava

Crocanaw

Feraligatr

Skiploom

Porygon2

Grovyle

Combusken

Marshtomp

Swampert

Mightyena

Lombre

Lileep

Anorith

Metang

Grotle

Torterra

Monferno

Prinplup

Cranidos

Shieldon

Electivire

Leafeon

Aaaaaaand I think that's it. Whew! I hope that this is of some help to future Perfect Platinum players.

Heh heh, Well everyone, it's finally been done. Fattyfatfatfat here has created a location list and uploaded it all to me. Sorry I've been gone for so long, but I got stuck on my PH/PS edit and just kinda lost my drive from there. With my partner having gone off to college and I going as well we just didn't have time to continue anymore. I'm sorry to all my fans for not being around but this location list shall be my final contribution to Perfect Platinum, as at this point there is nothing more to be done to it. I thank you all, and I shall now update the first post.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I know the rom is quite old, but I just started to play it recently since I got my computer updated and fixed; but here is my first gym battle of the rom; thought I show it off

Bravo job, Roland and to you to you Fatty for the location list :)

Thumbs up or leave a comment on my youtube if you want me to post the rest of the gym leader battles