What are all possible rom sizes for clean dumps? GB GBC GBA NDS

Just wondering cause once my r4 arrives, I plan to attempt to dump my games so I don't have to carry around anything but my ds, and of course heart gold and soul silver.

I DO NOT want any links to roms.

Also I WILL NOT be uploading anything I dump. (HERE, or ANYWHERE for that matter)

I only want to know what the proper sizes clean roms can be, so I can make sure that when I dump, I dump clean. (Mainly pokemon, but also any game since pokemon arent the only games I own)

So far I have:

GB/GBC: 256-KB, 512-KB, 1-MB, 2-MB, 4-MB, 8-MB

GBA: 4-MB, 8-MB, 16-MB, 32-MB

NDS: 8-MB, 16-MB, 32-MB, 64-MB, 128-MB, 256-MB 512-MB

I think I have all the sizes on gameboy/color/advance.

But the ds I only estimate from some of the things I have read.

any help is appreciated

thanks

-cbowling

Edited by cbowling816
[QUOTE=Bond697;151241]gba roms can't be 64mbyte. the max cart size is 32mbyte.[/QUOTE]

That's correct, but clean ROMS can be trimmed to save disk space; this allows them to be ANY size. Some ROM dumpers might automatically trim them, so if the ROM is just slightly smaller than the sizes you specified, you should be fine (Ex. 29MB instead of 32MB).

ok, so my ds numbers are correct?

well since I am not too worried about space as I dont have tons of games, I think I will try a dumper that doesnt trim and aim for authenticity.

also I highly doubt any of my games will be up to the 512MB size (i would imagine those would mainly be DSi or 3DS games)

I think the biggest I will have is 128 or 256 for some pokemon DS games

thanks a bunch

-cbowling

Keep in mind that a lot of the space trimmers get rid of is absolutely blank. I've looked. You're not gaining much by not trimming. That said, there may be some overzealous trimmers out there that cut out other parts, I'm not sure...

Keep in mind that a lot of the space trimmers get rid of is absolutely blank. I've looked. You're not gaining much by not trimming. That said, there may be some overzealous trimmers out there that cut out other parts, I'm not sure...

I know the trimming removes padding. I had the same thing when I dumped psp games, Lots of people removed videos and padding and dummy files from their psp dumps and there were programs specifically made to trim and fit games on smaller memory sticks, but with my 32gb psp memstick I had no worrys of space (after dumping all my psp games to my memstick and compressing them, I still had space for tons of music and homebrew games and apps along with psn content)

I just cant carry around a bunch of games, a handheld system is enough, though the ds has conveniently small cartridges, I would rather just carry 1 thing, and also not having to swap games out when I get bored is good (can anyone say ADD?)

I am not worried about saving space, just my ocd says "keep the padding, make an exact duplicate of the cart"