Pokegen won't save changes

Critical Tiger

It is on Desume a Japanese (not edited) Soul Silver using newest Pokegen I changed my Starters nature and saved it set it to the Pokemon all that stuff saved the save file which is .dst format.

Opened exact same .dst save file and nothing was changed. Whats going on? I use this Pokegen fine with Black 2.

Also I can't open the .dst save file while pokegen is set to english language has to be in japanese or it will close pokegen while opening .dst save file it also closes the second I click replace the save file with this one so it doesn't save at all?

I don't know how to put a link or download to show you it sorry :( but it's 1.99 MB I just pressed save state as SSsave and its SSsave.dst sorry im not that good at .dst and sav stuff but im doing he same thing I did to edit with pokegen with black 2 as soul silver should be working but it doesn't save changes just crashes pokegen when I click save

Edited by Critical Tiger
Missing info

That file just showed me a problem in the save state loading code. It should've been telling you that the file is invalid and prompted you to choose how to load it. However, the language aspect of it that you mentioned presented another problem. The save state loading code only uses the currently selected language to detect generation 4 games, which isn't ideal. Something will be done before the next release to deal with these issues, but it could be a while from now. Thanks for the information.

• 3 weeks later...