Dialog design

Codr

Which of these options best represents your opinion on the way the Pokemon data should be presented?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these options best represents your opinion on the way the Pokemon data should be presented?

• As it is now, highly compacted and tabbed or something similar to tabs for hiding data.
    • All data visible at all times, but as compact as possible.
    • All data visible at all times, with more emphasis on making it look better, even if that means wasted space.
    • It isn't important.

Just how much harder?

With .Net, simply create a Code Library project in the same solution, and reference it in the first project, and voilà. You have an executable referencing a DLL, with no more effort on your part than having the code in the same project.

Having it in one file requires that you make more UI changes to allow you to switch between UIs.

With .Net, simply create a Code Library project in the same solution, and reference it in the first project, and voilà. You have an executable referencing a DLL, with no more effort on your part than having the code in the same project.

Kind of like the simplicity of a LoadLibrary call, except that it's not even static like what you just described seems to be. I was asking what I did because I don't think you have any idea what using a DLL or another source file entales with C++.

Having it in one file requires that you make more UI changes to allow you to switch between UIs.

So you're suggesting that the user instead replace or rename DLLs to change UIs?

Kind of like the simplicity of a LoadLibrary call, except that it's not even static like what you just described seems to be. I was asking what I did because I don't think you have any idea what using a DLL or another source file entales with C++.

Oh, yeah..

I'm too used to .Net I didn't think about that.

Not that you're going to go on with the DLL idea, but is there a particular reason you aren't using .Net (besides not wanting to switch)?

So you're suggesting that the user instead replace or rename DLLs to change UIs?

You can have more than one program reference the same DLL.

but is there a particular reason you aren't using .Net (besides not wanting to switch)?

It's gross. I don't need it.

You can have more than one program reference the same DLL.

So you're suggesting that there be two separate PROGRAMS? That's almost as bad.

I hope as Pokegen continue with your great work, regardless of it's design and form.

Note: The design of Pokegen 3.1.9 for me is great, but I'm sure many have special problems in editing items, I think so many people request for this feature to be equal to pokesav.

but I'm sure many have special problems in editing items

You can edit them in every way you could need to. People apparently either never rename files by staggered-clicks or they're too lazy to experiment.

• 3 weeks later...