Custom C-Gear Skins with PokeGen [Tutorial + Resource]

piggman

• 10 months later...

I'm trying to make this image 'work', but it always ends up with the wrong colors, and I'm guessing it's because it uses too many colors.
Can anyone help me with this?
EDIT: I discovered this litteraly an hour ago and went on a gave it a shot, so a step by ste[ tutorial of sorts would be appreciated.
Also added the original image.

upper_screen.bmp

131de155-a792-4645-aa5a-73f218770dae.jpg

Fuuro.full.815730.jpg

4 hours ago, Cybergheist said:

I'm trying to make this image 'work', but it always ends up with the wrong colors, and I'm guessing it's because it uses too many colors.
Can anyone help me with this?

The problem is not only the colors (only 16 are allowed) it's also the amount of tiles which can cause problems.

1 tile is 8x8px, so on the DS screen wiith a size of 256x192px we have 32x24 = 768 tiles totaly. But it seems like the game only allows 256 different tiles on C-Gear skins.

Here's your skin fixed:

skyla_cgear.png.ca59757d6a4cac58864d495ae9baed6d.png

Skyla.cgb

On 12-11-2017 at 12:37 AM, BlackShark said:

The problem is not only the colors (only 16 are allowed) it's also the amount of tiles which can cause problems.

1 tile is 8x8px, so on the DS screen wiith a size of 256x192px we have 32x24 = 768 tiles totaly. But it seems like the game only allows 256 different tiles on C-Gear skins.

Here's your skin fixed:

skyla_cgear.png.ca59757d6a4cac58864d495ae9baed6d.png

Skyla.cgb

Thanks a bunch!
Can you teach me how to do this myself?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Heya, back again with a request.
My friend is doing a Blazeblack 2 run and wanted to get C-gear skins.
I told him that you can custom make them and import them through PKHex, so he got pretty excited and went on and cut out an image he wanted as a C-gear skin.
Since I'm a nice fellow (or at least try to be) I offered to do it for him, and he agreed.

Now, since the last screw up I did with the Skyla image I wanted to prevent all those things and go straight to requesting if someone can make this a C-gear skin.
The character should be on the right, as requested by my good pal.
If there's anything that needs to be edited, go ahead and do so, as long as you don't mess up the image too much.

Thanks in advance!

1518301016684(1).png

1 hour ago, Cybergheist said:

I love the orange feel around it, but my friend wants to know why the pants are orange as well.

Oh I didn't even notice, lol. I imported the image with PokeCGear because PKHeX somehow crashed when I tried to import a png. I guess it just replaced the blue colors to reduce the total amount of colors even though I already reduced them....

I can try it again tomorrow.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Just adding these cause I get asked a bit. These files use the CGB format. Can be imported via PKHeX > Cgear

Spoiler

image.png
mei2.cgb

image.png
shinyzeraora.cgb

Bonus: I've quoted an older variant of Rosa I've made in the past
(This is a psk, which PKHeX also supports.):

On 7/15/2012 at 3:55 PM, theSLAYER said:

Anyway I've made another one using Mei's Mugshot and Minccino's background
new2.jpg

Mei..zip