The Avatar/Signature Rating Thread

evandixon

It's actually pretty simple and really nice. But there are a few things. The render quality of both images aren't so good...you can see some spare pixels, which is never good. Plus the renders seem a bit fogged. The outside of the box aspect is...okay...but it isn't used that correctly. In order to get full effect, it must seem like it is popping from the signature box. Leaving part of it in and part of it out. I really love the claw marks. Cloud effect is a little unnecessary....probably because of my personal preference but it's okay I guess. Simpler background would be nice. The text effect is cool, I like the way you did that. Try putting a border on your text to exaggerate it a little bit more...and play around with some effects.

Overall...simple signature.

5.5/10

Thanks, Ziz.

In all honesty the pictures were pure copy paste jobs ... I didn't know/don't know if there is any 'better way' of doing it. And have only just noticed those spare pixles ... better attention to detail next time I guess :P.

As for the text ... pure accident. But it is my favourite part of the sig' too :D:D.

Thanks again, man.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Whew...since a few days ago...I have become obsessed with Death Note -.- lol. I wanted to make a new signature but had nothing to start on...until I found some inspiration in Scwib's (he's not around anymore...is he?) kind of style. So I spun a few random effects and got some really good results. I think this is by far my best signature. I present, L.

LSignature-1.png

Note: You're not really supposed to see my name...it's sort of a semi visible watermark.

Rate it please?

Whew...since a few days ago...I have become obsessed with Death Note -.- lol. I wanted to make a new signature but had nothing to start on...until I found some inspiration in Scwib's (he's not around anymore...is he?) kind of style. So I spun a few random effects and got some really good results. I think this is by far my best signature. I present, L.

LSignature-1.png

Note: You're not really supposed to see my name...it's sort of a semi visible watermark.

Rate it please?

I really like it!

Brushes, lighting, flow, frames, nicely placed text, color, nice job.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone rate my sig, it's the first i've made since like half a year ago. I went back to Illithian's old style. Old is not what matters, the quality is what does ;)

RoruaSignature.png

@Ziz: Love that Sig, but I would prefer it for Light to be in it instead. And btw, are you Naru-Chu?

Edited by Toffeuy

• 3 weeks later...

Is this a topic of graphic design?

Looks like yes.

So I have a signature show you!

A signature of Suicune, made in 45 minutes with Photoshop CS3.

I love this creation, because the colors are beautiful and I did not put a lot of time doing it.

10073009341291738.png

Ziz ~ Death Note ! I Love that signature ! L is the best ;D ! 8/10 !

(Note that I'm French, so sorry for my english ^-^)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can somebody please rate this sig:

Dusknoir2.jpg

I made this for my account on another forum but there is nobody there that can give me any advice how to improve in the future. So if you rate, please tell me why.

And also, please rate my current sig:

Jigglypuff.jpg

I made this one just for fun and I know it's not a masterpiece but it has a high "happy factor" so I'm satisfied.

@ bowserex (/Toffeuy): It's done very good! I really like it. Simple but effective.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

lire_signature_by_dluka-d4s8lyw.png

Rating Request :#

Sabevoir.png

Rate Please. I personally find it simple, yet elegant.

It was beautiful, but it was a bit simple. You should have tried to apply an effect with gradients and textures to leave the most beautiful avatar. :3

Rating: 8/10

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...