The Avatar/Signature Rating Thread

evandixon

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Gallade: I'll rate it a 8/10 - The Middle Luffy's Face has a lower contrast compared to the others, that might be a good effect, buut it may look a bit weird. I like the background you made. One thing is that you may have smudged over some unnecessary parts, for example, you didn't need to smudge Luffy's Antlers. Neither should you have smudged over the Straw Hats. If you consist on smudging the hat, try using less pressure, so that it's not oversmudged.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey can you rate my sig! The one I'm using now, I'm not going to be changing it in a while. ^_^' Be nice, it's my first time making one using GIMP, and the first one... well.. ever. :P

EDIT: Oooh, and rate my Avatar if you want too, it's just a quick sprite recolour. :P

I'll rate the sig a 4/10, sorry i'm not trying to be mean...

But for a beginner with GIMP and also this being your first ever made Signature, i'll rate it an 8/10.

I don't know how to say it properly but I want to tell you that the art is a bit too repetitive. The background is the same thing all over and the Flygon Silhouettes cover almost the whole thing...

how about my first ever avatar

It looks pretty nice for your first avatar...a tad small though. 7.5/10

Oh noes...watch out everyone...I need you to rate some atrocities of mine...

GroudonBehemothSignature.png

ZizSignatureRayquaza-1.png

Behemoth and Ziz. I wasn't able to make one of Leviathan because I really suck at making water themed signatures...

Too many nondescriptions in this thread, nowadays...

Rather sad, what has this forum come to.

Anyway - Ziz:

I rather like them. The Groudon one has a cool glowing effect and the background is nice. Its a little weird looking though and being able to see the c4d in front of Groudon is tacky. It has little depth although I appreciate the attempted light source at the bottom right. The blue c4d effect just looks out of place. As for the Rayquaza one, I kind of like it, but the head is in a strange position and its oversaturated. Too much color isn't a good thing. Overall, 7/10. Sorry, I'm a harsh rater. But good job anyway because you had a lot of good techniques, you just have to apply them in such a way as they all kind of flow together.

It looks pretty nice for your first avatar...a tad small though. 7.5/10

Oh noes...watch out everyone...I need you to rate some atrocities of mine...

GroudonBehemothSignature.png

ZizSignatureRayquaza-1.png

Behemoth and Ziz. I wasn't able to make one of Leviathan because I really suck at making water themed signatures...

I'll rate the Groudon one a 9/10 - like Illithian said, the blue c4d is out of place, most of your sig has the sparkly effect, but the blue c4d doesnt have it and does make it look weird.

For the Rayquaza one, it might be a bit harsh, but i think i'll give it a 6/10 - It's totally out of size, and the c4d on the bottom-left looks weird, also, the name isn't so visible.

Well, i am not much of an artist, but i quite like those two.

I was quite surprised how well Naru... Ziz made the Rayquaza one. As for the name, i think it is fine. After all, it's not the name that makes the signature.

And as for the blue in the Groudon one... It reminds me of Kyogre...

Ziz has reached quite a high pinnacle level in this hobby.

Ratings: 9:10 and 9:10.

Too many nondescriptions in this thread, nowadays...

Rather sad, what has this forum come to.

Anyway - Ziz:

I rather like them. The Groudon one has a cool glowing effect and the background is nice. Its a little weird looking though and being able to see the c4d in front of Groudon is tacky. It has little depth although I appreciate the attempted light source at the bottom right. The blue c4d effect just looks out of place. As for the Rayquaza one, I kind of like it, but the head is in a strange position and its oversaturated. Too much color isn't a good thing. Overall, 7/10. Sorry, I'm a harsh rater. But good job anyway because you had a lot of good techniques, you just have to apply them in such a way as they all kind of flow together.

Heh. Thanks Illithian. Even with Mewtwo's compliments I know I need work. The C4D in front of Groudon was supposed to be like it was ripping through something...though it is rather tacky. I need to work on lighting as well. As for Rayquaza, its body is obscured from complete view so it looks unnatural. Its body is curving a lot.

I'll rate the Groudon one a 9/10 - like Illithian said, the blue c4d is out of place, most of your sig has the sparkly effect, but the blue c4d doesnt have it and does make it look weird.

For the Rayquaza one, it might be a bit harsh, but i think i'll give it a 6/10 - It's totally out of size, and the c4d on the bottom-left looks weird, also, the name isn't so visible.

The size was supposed to add depth to the signature. Like you know, the Rayquaza is closer so its bigger...the C4D on the bottom left was supposed to fill in some blank boring parts...well I guess I'll try another shot at the signatures...mess around with their PSDs.

I'd give it a 7.5/10, though that is quite harsh. The background is visually appealing on the left, but the maroon on the right doesn't quite fit. The darkrai on the left is too prominent, and it distracts from the middle darkrai. If it were less visible, it would distract less. The font is quite good. The orange glow gives it an eery effect that goes quite well with the sig.

Toffeuy: It isn't bad at all. The blurry circular effect is kind of cool. I've got a couple problems though. Firstly, the main Darkrai isn't blended at at all. The colors go well with the background, but it kind of pops out; it doesnt flow together with the rest of the sig. Secondly, the little Darkrai shadow basically looks like you ran out of ideas and copy/pasted that in as an afterthought. I like the glowing behind the text, although don't you think we're all a little tired of that font now? Overall: 6/10

KingPokeartist: I don't want to be overly critical here because I like to rate with the skills of the artist in mind and not just the final product. I think theres a lot of cool effects here. One thing I like is your use of shadows; the left side is obviously darker then the right and there is a light source. Which is nice. The Absol though is too bright; the whites are overly emphasized. Also, even though the background is cool, the Absol doesn't blend into it at all. The color tones are similar but the difference in brightness makes the Absol pop out too much and it looks completely out of place. I like the overlaying effect on the background, but its very monochromatic. That means its basically one color in different shades. Try using slightly different color tones to make the sig more interesting. Considering skill, I'll rate you a 6/10.

Please note, Toffeuy, I am in no way comparing your sig with King's sig. You are (from what I can see) at different skill levels and as I said I rate based on more then just the final product.