The Avatar/Signature Rating Thread

evandixon

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't use GIMP or Photoshop, don't expect me to be able to do so well...

And if I put too much variation, the colours will be all mixed and not work together...

Ok, but I don't think that's impossible with gimp. I have seen beautiful works which were made by gimp. I don't own the programm so I can't say to much about it, but I think that you can if you practice a bit.:wink:

Thanks Gallade.

I can't see to clearly right now since I'm using my iPhone and it has a screen protector, but the Leafeon signature looks decent. I say 7/10 compared yo most and 4.5/10 compared to people who do very well. I like the render though. Where did you get it?

As for the Avatar-- 6/10 compared to most and 3/10 compared to those would can do avatars well.

The current sig has a good idea, but using brushes and making the clouds glow can make it even better. I recommend just throwing the background and just get cloud brushes. Then you can add some effects in the background and make the background darker than the foreground clouds.

Something more like the one I use now?

G.

Please rate my new sig V :D

It was kinda rushed and its not as epic as i wanted it to be but i will fix it later i suppose it looks alright though right? kinda epic?

Hmm... I can see what you tried to do, and honestly I think it only half worked. The fire looks weird, if you wanted it to be pointing at something to the side, you should have made the fire much larger. If you wanted it pointed at us, the face is wrong and the fire just looks... messed. Actually it looks messed period.

Also, whats with the red thing in the background? It doesn't help and honestly I can't figure out what it is. In any case, the rest of the background looks boring and uninspired, and the salamence isn't blended at all.

On the other hand, I'll do what greencat did.

Rating based on other sigs here: 8/10, really nice editing

Rating based on my standards: 2/10. I place too high standards on blending, and there isn't any.

A fair rating would have to be 5/10, since you did do a nice job on editing with the render itself and the fire doesnt look as bad as I complained about above. Still, not much extra effort put in, and it shows, and it hurts the rating a LOT.

Anyway, rate this new creation?

vibrancedragonairsig.png

Not my newest creation (as I have too much free time here) but I'll have them rated one at a time.

Hmm... I can see what you tried to do, and honestly I think it only half worked. The fire looks weird, if you wanted it to be pointing at something to the side, you should have made the fire much larger. If you wanted it pointed at us, the face is wrong and the fire just looks... messed. Actually it looks messed period.

Also, whats with the red thing in the background? It doesn't help and honestly I can't figure out what it is. In any case, the rest of the background looks boring and uninspired, and the salamence isn't blended at all.

On the other hand, I'll do what greencat did.

Rating based on other sigs here: 8/10, really nice editing

Rating based on my standards: 2/10. I place too high standards on blending, and there isn't any.

A fair rating would have to be 5/10, since you did do a nice job on editing with the render itself and the fire doesnt look as bad as I complained about above. Still, not much extra effort put in, and it shows, and it hurts the rating a LOT.

vibrancedragonairsig.png

Not my newest creation (as I have too much free time here) but I'll have them rated one at a time.

Dang! >.>

I'm starting to think that I don't deserve that 8/10 for my Deidara signature...

Anyways, amazing as always Illithian. 10/10

Rate:

Animation

I'm expecting to get a very bad mark for this, my first animation:

ToffeuyTogekissSignatureAnimated.gif

It made me laugh (I'm in a good mood :D). Seriously though, I've seen WAY worse for a first animation, and I like the blue ball thingy =) So for your first, I'll say 9/10. I'm not going to say what I think of it when compared to other standards ;)

Pictures

ToffeuyNinjaskSignature.png

SuicuneSignature.png

ToffeuyLatiosandLatiasSignature.png

The Ninjask one... I like the background, but there isn't enough blending on the Ninjask... =| 4/10

Suicune... actually, I like the aurora beam thingy, and it makes blending less needed. And the background is cool. =) 7/10

The last one looks like three pictures copy/pasted... =\

Dang! >.>

I'm starting to think that I don't deserve that 8/10 for my Deidara signature...

Anyways, amazing as always Illithian. 10/10

Thank you! And since I have nothing to do with my life, I'll go look at your deidara sig. (not that I know what deidara is)

crap, it was your old sig... nvm then =|

Illithian: 9ish/10 It's kind of confusing/busy, but it looks amazing.

Toffeuy: The animation's not bad, slightly choppy and the little blue beam after aura sphere's charged up is a tad cheesy, but pretty good: 8/10

Ninjask: The background's colours blend with Ninjask, but the design doesn't quite fit. Overall: 6/10

Suicune: Overall, it all fits. The only criticism is that aura beam isn't quite going in the right direction from Suicune's mouth (assuming that's where it's fired from). Overall: 8.5/10

Lati@s: It's a good idea, but the different aspects don't fit together. The background might look better if, instead of separate blocks of red, blue, and purple they blended into each other. Also, the thing in the middle, as Illithian said, looks really out of place and like it didn't belong. Overall: 3/10

vibrancedragonairsig.png

*chokes*

i-it's...... absolutely positively GORGEOUS!!!!!

I think I'm in love.

If i didn't know any better, I would steal it and make it my own....

*looks around*

>.> O.o <.<

explanation for why I'm acting like a stupid idiot: because my username is Dragonite.Luv. doesn't that explain it.... just a little bit? ;)

*chokes*

i-it's...... absolutely positively GORGEOUS!!!!!

I think I'm in love.

If i didn't know any better, I would steal it and make it my own....

*looks around*

>.> O.o <.<

explanation for why I'm acting like a stupid idiot: because my username is Dragonite.Luv. doesn't that explain it.... just a little bit? ;)

Since finally someone shares some appreciation for Dragonite, I'll gift it to you.

dragonairsigdragonitelu.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4492/dragonairsigdragonitelu.png

Sorry to the rest of you, I'm too tired to quote everything... =|

Naru-Chu: Hey, don't beat yourself up over that sig! That was a good sig. It has a few problems, but overall its a really good sig. Firstly, the left side is a mess, and the fractal just looks weird there. Maybe without the face it'd be better, idk. But the right side is really well done, and theres enough focus on the guy in the middle that the two guys on the side that are semitransparent end up looking just fine. And the fractal does end up looking superishly cool on that side. And the main render, intentionally or not, shares a ton of colors with the background, which makes it blended enough for me. I'll give it a 7/10, because the left side dissapoints me but the rest is really good. Oh and you can't read your name. Thats a problem.

Relyte: ty for rate.

Narwhal: Starfishes are fun, but why would they love me and should I be happy about that?

Anyway, nice sig. The c4d render in the background looks badass and I can't fault the color balance, if slightly uninteresting. And really nice use of the arcane runes brushset. Still, I find the sig as a whole to uncolorful for my taste; Keeping some of deoxys's color (if subdued) would have been much better. Still, overall, the background looks really well done.

Sorry Narwhal but now I have to talk about effort. To me, the background looks like one arcane rune brush stroke, a copy/paste c4d render, pasted render set to color mode. (and some cool effects on the side which I think look really cool, hence the name cool effects) Still, I don't rate based on effort, I rate based on the aesthetic appeal, and the the sig as a whole looks just great. 7.5/10, only because I think its better then Naru-chu's sig but not meriting an 8 (sorry naru chu).

Rate my new sig?

(link for later viewers:)

illithiansmudgesig3.png

Narwhal: It's good, I like how the background is interesting but not overpowering to the picture. Also, your name stands out well but blends in with the colour scheme well. On that note, the colours are a tad monochromatic, as Illithian said. Some blues, whites or greens might spice it up a little bit. All in all, I'd say it's a 7.5ish/10.

Illithian: Fanceh. It the colours in the magick blend well with Pory, and the way the right wing turns into a stream of magicky stuff is a great effect. The purple magick on the right side could either be paler or slightly redder so that it blends in with Pory and the magick a little better. Also, the black on the left side is a little bit out of place because it makes the left side much heavier than the right, which seems odd to my eyes. Altogether, a 9.5/10. It's also a lot less busy than the dragonair sig

Since finally someone shares some appreciation for Dragonite, I'll gift it to you.

dragonairsigdragonitelu.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4492/dragonairsigdragonitelu.png

Sorry to the rest of you, I'm too tired to quote everything... =|

Naru-Chu: Hey, don't beat yourself up over that sig! That was a good sig. It has a few problems, but overall its a really good sig. Firstly, the left side is a mess, and the fractal just looks weird there. Maybe without the face it'd be better, idk. But the right side is really well done, and theres enough focus on the guy in the middle that the two guys on the side that are semitransparent end up looking just fine. And the fractal does end up looking superishly cool on that side. And the main render, intentionally or not, shares a ton of colors with the background, which makes it blended enough for me. I'll give it a 7/10, because the left side dissapoints me but the rest is really good. Oh and you can't read your name. Thats a problem.

Relyte: ty for rate.

Narwhal: Starfishes are fun, but why would they love me and should I be happy about that?

Anyway, nice sig. The c4d render in the background looks badass and I can't fault the color balance, if slightly uninteresting. And really nice use of the arcane runes brushset. Still, I find the sig as a whole to uncolorful for my taste; Keeping some of deoxys's color (if subdued) would have been much better. Still, overall, the background looks really well done.

Sorry Narwhal but now I have to talk about effort. To me, the background looks like one arcane rune brush stroke, a copy/paste c4d render, pasted render set to color mode. (and some cool effects on the side which I think look really cool, hence the name cool effects) Still, I don't rate based on effort, I rate based on the aesthetic appeal, and the the sig as a whole looks just great. 7.5/10, only because I think its better then Naru-chu's sig but not meriting an 8 (sorry naru chu).

Rate my new sig?

(link for later viewers:)

illithiansmudgesig3.png

Of course...you get a 10/10 from me Illithian. Great blending, great brushes, great everything! It is honestly beautiful. And no need to be sorry...the name visibility thing is definitely something I should work on, I should add the text last. The effects I use cause darkening of the image, which makes the text lose visibility. I was indeed surprised when the Deidara render blended so well with the signature. etc...

I'm working on it though! To be honest...before today all I did to make sigs was randomly paint with brushes, slap on a render, add effects, then add text. While on vacation, I studied a bit. Now I'm working on a new style that will blow everyone's minds. Granted it won't be as good as Illithian's...I will try my hardest.

EDIT:

Please rate these -

Normal:

DeidaraSignatureNaru-Chu.png

Red Color Balance:

DeidaraSignatureNaru-ChuRedColorBal.png

My first time working with C4Ds...I'm in love with them. Bevel & Emboss made the image look slightly better. Be rough...I'm still working on my signature making...so I need criticism. Also, be aware that I did not put as much effort into the signatures as I should have. I tried using brushes...but it just didn't look right with the C4D. Not my best work.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

thank you SOOOOOO VERYYYYY MUCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Np ;)

Relyte: Your name took me like four tries to spell. I thought porygon had flippers, not wings? (ty for rate)

Naru-chu: Ooh I like the new sig. (btw, ty ty for the compliments :redface:)

I like the red one more. Actually, now that I look at it, its pretty much a tossup. Both of them look pretty good. The red one has much more flow but the render looks weird, and the normal one has slightly less flow but more realistic colors.

In retrospect, I'm not sure which one is better. I'm still going to go with the red one though because I think color is good. In any case, the background looks really good; both sides ended up being really nice and having good effects and blending. It looks slightly smudged, and that gives it a pretty cool effect. The text is... fine. Actually, text is really hard, so I'll let up and say its pretty good; still, the small text is unnecessary. The render placement is cool and the recolor looks almost fine, but you could have brought the original render color back over the face. He looks almost greenish. Also, the stuff you tried with smudging looks like... you tried to blend, which I think is GOOD. But still, I'm not overly impressed with it. Don't get me wrong though, its much, much better then nothing in the way of blending. Advice: For the background, although it looks okay, before starting a sig instead of using a plain black background, put in a gradient. Gives it much more lighting. Also, again the black background behind the c4d looks a little plain. On the left, it works, because the c4d is more pronounced; on the right, its a little boring.

As per the blending for the render, I think it looks much better then it would without it, but I do think you could have gone farther with smudging and with distortion effects to get some cool colors from the render on both sides. All in all, I'd give it an 8.5/10, because theres more you could have done, but its a big, big improvement and the final product looks pretty good. =)

P.S. Again, I don't use brushes. I smudge.

Np ;)

Relyte: Your name took me like four tries to spell. I thought porygon had flippers, not wings? (ty for rate)

Naru-chu: Ooh I like the new sig. (btw, ty ty for the compliments :redface:)

I like the red one more. Actually, now that I look at it, its pretty much a tossup. Both of them look pretty good. The red one has much more flow but the render looks weird, and the normal one has slightly less flow but more realistic colors.

In retrospect, I'm not sure which one is better. I'm still going to go with the red one though because I think color is good. In any case, the background looks really good; both sides ended up being really nice and having good effects and blending. It looks slightly smudged, and that gives it a pretty cool effect. The text is... fine. Actually, text is really hard, so I'll let up and say its pretty good; still, the small text is unnecessary. The render placement is cool and the recolor looks almost fine, but you could have brought the original render color back over the face. He looks almost greenish. Also, the stuff you tried with smudging looks like... you tried to blend, which I think is GOOD. But still, I'm not overly impressed with it. Don't get me wrong though, its much, much better then nothing in the way of blending. Advice: For the background, although it looks okay, before starting a sig instead of using a plain black background, put in a gradient. Gives it much more lighting. Also, again the black background behind the c4d looks a little plain. On the left, it works, because the c4d is more pronounced; on the right, its a little boring.

As per the blending for the render, I think it looks much better then it would without it, but I do think you could have gone farther with smudging and with distortion effects to get some cool colors from the render on both sides. All in all, I'd give it an 8.5/10, because theres more you could have done, but its a big, big improvement and the final product looks pretty good. =)

P.S. Again, I don't use brushes. I smudge.

Not sure what you meant there :/

And thanks...I'm still working on it...my next signature will feature Sasori...if I can ever find a decent render.

In the normal sig, if you look at the renders face, it is a normal, proper, tan-peach ish skin color. In the red color balance, in the areas on the face where the shadows hit it, it looks like a dark yellow, an unnatural (and unappealing) shade of greenish. When you did the color balance effect, you could have brought the original face back.

7/10 Illithian, Its good, but you've used the smudge tool a bit too much and it took away any focal point that the original image had and just makes it look a little flat. It also seems like It could use a small 1 or 2 pixel border, but that's just my preference. The original image itself is also a little centered, but the use of two layers of text remedies that a little bit.

Naru-Chu: I personally like the non-red one. I like the way the black, red and white stand out in it more than in the red version. The left side's a little busy while the right side seems empty. Moving the text to the right (keeping it in the same position, though) would remedy that quite nicely. The small text is a tad too small, even for me with my glasses. The smudge looks odd, though I like the way you've got the red smudge on the left side of his neck coming out of the red collar, that's a neat effect. All in all, I'd say that's worth an 8/10

Illithian: Does it have flippers? It seems more bird-y than fish-y to me.

Inuyouki: It looks pretty good. Its very monochromatic, but it has lots of cool effects. Firstly, the background; I like the mountains and rocks in the background and it does give it a cool texture. I also like the background thing and the cool top and bottom white overlay stuff. Makes it look cool. Unfortunately, the Darkrai just looks messed; it looks totally out of place. Whats with the white edges? The colors fit with the rest of the sig, but its not blended at all, and the white edges really make it worse. If the white wasnt there and it was slightly transparent on the edges it might be better, but its still not very blended. The member's pass looks fine, I guess. The text is okay, but the color is rather bright for the rest of the sig. Overall, I'd give it a 6/10. Not nearly enough blending for my taste.

Still the end effect looks good, I'm just being picky.