The Avatar/Signature Rating Thread

evandixon

I've made a couple of signatures by now but this is my favourite, rate it:

ToffeuyWeavileSignature.png

InuYouki, I like your pixel works but for the Charizard, the graphics seem to be very... like rough (I don't know how to explain it).

Edited by Toffeuy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've made a couple of signatures by now but this is my favourite, rate it:

ToffeuyWeavileSignature.png

7/10ish its nice, but the colors don't match well...

Well how about a rate on my pixel stuff?

The pokewalker is made 100% by me and the poke's in them are edits of sprites to look like my own poke characters.

pokewalkerpixelzolu.pngpokewalkerex.png

These are the edited poke's

zolu.pngblaze.png

I also have some other pixel work too :3

lud.pngrainbowbaby.gif

Comments, concerns, crits? I have used all but the last two as my Avatar at one point or another.

10/10

*googles "How InuYouki is so good with pixel stuff"*

Kiku and I collabed it :)

May I ask what you mean by "messy"?

8/10 The color scheme doesn't allow for my eyes to focus...I feel like I'm constantly trying to find something to stay on.

I feel like I'm post stalking you.

Well... when I first looked at it, it looked... mushy... like the person was melting? Kinda?...

I guess that was kind of the point though. In retrospect, for what it was made for, 9/10 is more deserving. =)

Rate my avatar? (I did it along with my two examples btw)

Rate mine?

Where on Earth did you find that pic? Because...I have no idea who that is, lol.

8.5/10

Its kinda hard to focus on the main image. It looks really nice, but my eyes kinda mess up when I look at it. Kinda like what Okami said, I feel like I'm constantly trying to find something to stay on.

Rate my avatar? (I did it along with my two examples btw)

10/10

That's amazing! My eyes get kinda irritated by the glow, but that's probably because I make dark/evil avatars and signatures. Very nice!

i hate sonic with a passion!

Its from Sonic? Geez, where have I been? The last Sonic Franchise game I played was Shadow the Hedgehog, since I never could beat it, I gave up on the franchise. >.>

And how can you hate a blue hedgehog? Let alone a black and red one with air skates, lol.

please rate my current siggy and ava. i think it's about time to change those :(

9/10 - I like the 3D effects of Empoleon

Signature:

7.5/10 - Too much pictures. Also, the videos are a bit fuzzy

Someone rate this signature I made yesterday please:

ToffeuyFroslassandGlalieSignature.png

And this signature which I made today:

ToffeuyDusknoirandGengarSignature.png

I use Macromedia Fireworks 8. Its not a famous program like GIMP or Adobe Photoshop but it's pretty useful. If you don't know what it is, google it. I'm sure you'll find it.

As for a rating of you're signature:

8.5/10 - May be improved if you make Gengar more smooth. Like on the colours of Gengar you could see like billions of slightly different tiny coloured dots.

Btw rate these avatars which I made just a few minutes ago:

Togekiss

ToffeuyTogekissAvatar2.png

Salamence

ToffeuySalamenceAvatar.png

Yeah, yeah, I know, I used the same font and sky background for both pics.

Yeah, I have that program as well, but I don't bother using it so much.

Err, I'm not sure if Fireworks can use PS Brushes, but if it can it would look nice.

Rate my avatar too, please. :)

Stickied. :P

What program do you use? I like the bubbles. :)

Someone rate my current signature please. :D

I would prefer a rating of my stuff instead of a question please >.>.

As for your avatar I really like it maybe a 9.5/10 :)

Thank you, but if you want the truth, fine. :|

The Togekiss one looks like a 3/10.

The Salamence one looks like a 3.5/10.

It's really only the render that looks nice and the background images look like copy and pasted photo from the internet. :\

I can make you one if you want, though. Click the link in my thread. ;)

Thank you, but if you want the truth, fine. :|

The Togekiss one looks like a 3/10.

The Salamence one looks like a 3.5/10.

It's really only the render that looks nice and the background images look like copy and pasted photo from the internet. :\

Yeah only the bottom part is copy-paste though. I thought i'd get a low rating... :( My signatures are a better thing than my Avatars, that's a fact...

EDIT: How about these two?:

Dragonite

ToffeuyDragoniteAvatar.png

Garchomp

ToffeuyGarchompAvatar.png

Are these better? I didn't spend much effort on them but at least the backgrounds were made using brushes.

You surely have really high expectations, I don't think i'm too good with avatars anyway...:(

EDIT: How do you like put so much effort into it. Seriously my Avatars are 120 by 120 and the pokemon takes up 3/4 the space. It's really hard to make it look good in the background when you've got so less space.

Yeah, maybe I do. :D

I spend a lot of time trying different things until it looks great/what I want. My decent signatures take about 20-30 minutes sometimes. I feel that with art you should take your time. When I draw a picture of someone I take from 1-2 1/2 hours. ;)

Thanks Gallade. :)

I can't see to clearly right now since I'm using my iPhone and it has a screen protector, but the Leafeon signature looks decent. :P I say 7/10 compared yo most and 4.5/10 compared to people who do very well. ;) I like the render though. Where did you get it?

As for the Avatar-- 6/10 compared to most and 3/10 compared to those would can do avatars well.

The current sig has a good idea, but using brushes and making the clouds glow can make it even better. I recommend just throwing the background and just get cloud brushes. Then you can add some effects in the background and make the background darker than the foreground clouds. ;)

Can someone rate my sigs up above there, dun worry about the avatars. I know they're bad...

They are done pretty well, but in my oppinion they are very boring. The backgrounds are without any variation at all. My advice is to put more variation in them (my oppinion). 1st: 6/10, 2nd: 4/10

G.