The Avatar/Signature Rating Thread

evandixon

I have noticed that many peoiple make separate threads for asking opinions on avatars and signatures. Well, this thread is dedicated to that, so there won't be an overflow of threads in the Creative discussion thread.

I recommend that you date your signatures and avatars, because they change over time (my signature the the most unstable in the forum, so I think).

To start this thread off, why don't we cristen it by starting it off with a rating request:

cl_xana_evandixon_ava.png

6/22/2009

Be sure to request a rating here, rather than creationg your own thread.

Edited by evandixon

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Explain please.

All of the graphics of each side of the person in the middle. But it is just opinion, because I'm more of a simple graphic person. Example: I thought that the title screen for Pokemon Ranger 2 was the best, because they didn't over-do it. They just put a simple "Pokemon Ranger" in the middle of a landscape.

All of the graphics of each side of the person in the middle. But it is just opinion, because I'm more of a simple graphic person. Example: I thought that the title screen for Pokemon Ranger 2 was the best, because they didn't over-do it. They just put a simple "Pokemon Ranger" in the middle of a landscape.

Oh, I though my graphics actually looked bad. Yeah, more images makes it look a bit more messy and crowded, but its my signature effect.

I've been refraining from making sigs for a while, because I like the freedom to use a large render and really show off lighting and smudging.

Anyway, a different kind of thing that didn't fit into my smudge thread. A few things I know about it: 1. Alienware probably owes me some money. 2. I will never see a cent from Alienware. 3. I have recently discovered that Dell owns Alienware. (O.o)

Alienwaread.jpg

By the way, I made a mistake on it. See if you can find it. (stupid apply image =|)

I've been refraining from making sigs for a while, because I like the freedom to use a large render and really show off lighting and smudging.

Anyway, a different kind of thing that didn't fit into my smudge thread. A few things I know about it: 1. Alienware probably owes me some money. 2. I will never see a cent from Alienware. 3. I have recently discovered that Dell owns Alienware. (O.o)

Alienwaread.jpg

By the way, I made a mistake on it. See if you can find it. (stupid apply image =|)

Well, I know Apply Image blends two images (am I right?), I'm guessing the words "Feel the Power" aren't that visible? lol probably way off.

And Illithian, care to rate my sig? I know you're a way better artist than me and I'd love your opinion.

Well, I know Apply Image blends two images (am I right?), I'm guessing the words "Feel the Power" aren't that visible? lol probably way off.

And Illithian, care to rate my sig? I know you're a way better artist than me and I'd love your opinion.

Firstly, in Photoshop, if you make a new blank layer and go Image -> Apply Image, it takes whatever you have currently in all your layers, flattens (combines them), and copies it onto the blank layer. Its for background safety, but it also has some useful stuff, such as using Overlay to darken the image.

Secondly, no, the words Feel the Power are supposed to be slightly erased, although you're closer then you think.

Finally, sure I'll rate your sig. ;)

Firstly, I like how you included the fractal render and I think the main render (image) is blended in well, and looks great. However, I do think you tried to put too much in one sig. The problem with sigs is they're small. You've probably already seen how hard it is to get a lot into a single sig, and thats why I like making larger images, even though they can't really be used as sigs.

However, even though theres too much on the sig itself, I think you did a great job making the main render more visible and more important then the other renders, and I also think considering how much is on the sig, it actually looks suprisingly good. But for future reference, its a lot harder to fit quite a few renders into a single sig and make it look any good. Still, great job on that sig.

I'll rate it 8/10, because:

-Too crowded

+Great blending

+Use of fractal

+Looks impressive

=)

Cheers.

Firstly, in Photoshop, if you make a new blank layer and go Image -> Apply Image, it takes whatever you have currently in all your layers, flattens (combines them), and copies it onto the blank layer. Its for background safety, but it also has some useful stuff, such as using Overlay to darken the image.

Secondly, no, the words Feel the Power are supposed to be slightly erased, although you're closer then you think.

Finally, sure I'll rate your sig. ;)

Firstly, I like how you included the fractal render and I think the main render (image) is blended in well, and looks great. However, I do think you tried to put too much in one sig. The problem with sigs is they're small. You've probably already seen how hard it is to get a lot into a single sig, and thats why I like making larger images, even though they can't really be used as sigs.

However, even though theres too much on the sig itself, I think you did a great job making the main render more visible and more important then the other renders, and I also think considering how much is on the sig, it actually looks suprisingly good. But for future reference, its a lot harder to fit quite a few renders into a single sig and make it look any good. Still, great job on that sig.

I'll rate it 8/10, because:

-Too crowded

+Great blending

+Use of fractal

+Looks impressive

=)

Cheers.

Yea, I overdue some signatures with crowding I guess, probably because I like the effect of memory that the opacity lowered render gives to the signature. And the smudge tool I used on Deidara's right side was an ultimate fail (its bumpy and some parts that are supposed to be smudged aren't).

Anyway, thank you! It means a lot! *curse my inability to seek out mistakes in an image*

since its better than anything i can do.....7/10

how about my new sig? i had a sauske sig so why not a naruto one too :D

What do you mean, it's better than anything you can do?

Edited by Okami
Ugh, I relooked at my post and thought "WHOATHEREGRAMMERNAZI!" :O Eep, sad grammer.