need help with pokesav

nelson599

i have pokemon white rom (J) for no$gba emulator. i wanted to get victini but you needed a liberty pass which you can only get with mystery gift so someone recommended me pokesav but i couldnt really figure it out so he did it for me but now i want to learn how to do it myself. so what i understand is that when i open up pokesav, i open my save file, go to wondercards and click edit, load the pgf, add the wondercard id, click ok then save. i did all of this but when i load that newly created save file, my game starts off as a new game. luckily i have a copy of the original save file which has all my pokemon incased i messed up. can someone please tell me what i have to do? thank you

You're better off using Pokegen.

I'm not sure how no$gba handles sav files, since I generally use desmume.

But you want to make sure there isn't more than one sav file for your game in your emulator's folder. You also want to make sure that the .sav file name is exactly the same as your .nds filename (except for the .sav and .nds extensions, of course).

yea i already did the converting to raw format before editing it with that same website. turns out all it was that the new save file had a different name so i just changed it to match the .nds file. thanks alot for your help