Event: Secret Key for North America via Nintendo Wi-Fi

NewsBot

Short question about the Wifi events those are bound to where the game cart is from? Or from the location that you are playing? Think I have read before that you can be anywhere in the world aslong as the cartridge is from the country where the wifi event is its fine.

Just checking ^^

Short question about the Wifi events those are bound to where the game cart is from? Or from the location that you are playing? Think I have read before that you can be anywhere in the world aslong as the cartridge is from the country where the wifi event is its fine.

Just checking ^^

They are restricted to the area of your cart/language.

If you own a US/North American release of the game, you can download the North American release of the Secret Key from any compatible wi-fi spot in the world. A number of people have done this with their Japanese games when they imported them for the Secret Key and Member's Card releases.

Oh well I'm from Europe myself, but I predict more events like this being released in the US and propably less in the EU so I bought the US Platinum version online ^^" still a month and a bit away for EU release.. ._.

Lets hope its not a fake one that I bought, but I'm sure that I can tell a fake one from a real version!

My dad has the WiFi thing under some weird security setting thing and I'm not getting my Platinum until my Birthday which is on May 18th so the only way is to ask for my Platinum for Easter and then do the Toys "R" Us Event. SO CONFUSING :confused:

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I guess I'll just badger my parents until they agree. ;)

My dad has the WiFi thing under some weird security setting thing and I'm not getting my Platinum until my Birthday which is on May 18th so the only way is to ask for my Platinum for Easter and then do the Toys "R" Us Event. SO CONFUSING :confused:

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I guess I'll just badger my parents until they agree. ;)

Press the reset button of the Wifi Modem it resets and removes the password connect to it and there you go :) and if he asks if you did anything with them modem act like you do not know anything of it! The button is on the back propably have to use something like a pen to press the button tho its inside just like a Tamagotchi (if u ever had one of those)

Not everyone has a modem/router combo... if he has a regular router connected to a broadband modem, then pressing the reset button will also remove the internet settings (username, password) that the router needs in order to connect through the modem. It may not have the security, but it'll be equally useless for getting onto the internet until somebody sets that stuff back up.

To confirm, the "Mystery Gift" is the "Secret Key" that is available via WFC starting April 20?

My son followed the instruction in the handout with the game (pink box) and got the "Mystery Gift" on his Start Menu, but then could not download it — "No mystery gift available".

Visited the Platinum link on the page <http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/rotom/> got some wallpaper, but no info on the Mystery Gift, thought it might be under "Connect and Play" — fortunately we found this site with the right url <http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/pokemon/rotom/>...

The flyer doesn't make it easy to follow, and no indication of special dates, or a somewhat more direct link. I'm sure on Tuesday morning I'll be talking with some other parents whose children got their Platinum for Easter, and will hear the same grumbling story. I might impress a few by pointing out the date thing... ;o}