PCD Safe

Poryhack

See this page for details and a download.

Post and comments, questions, bugs, ect here. I'm attaching the source for any who may be interested; ideally it can be reused in a real sav editor with a real GUI, but I'll leave it up to you to determine that. That said, I know the import part especially could be optimized, but I was overeager to push this out the door and have no plans to come back to it now. Have fun. ;P

PCD Safe.rar

PCD Safe.rar

Edited by Poryhack

For some reason, I have a 256KB save file, and it won't work because PCD Safe assumes that all save files are 512KB. I am currently viewing Platinum's data in NDS Backup Tool (Slot 2) v0.31.

Game Title: POKEMON_PL CPUE 00

Chip ID: C2 7F 00 80

SAVE Type: FLASH 2M(256KByte)

Off-Topic:

Wow, Platinum has a 128MB cartrage!

512 is the "raw" format for pokemon saves. And incorporating support for other save types was kinda beyond what I was shooting for with this. You'll have to just use the Shunyweb Converter.

256KB is the save size of my original cart, and Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool (Slot 2) dumps in RAW Format.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

I use the same tool to dump Dimaond, and it is in it's original size: 512KB

256KB is the save size of my original cart, and Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool (Slot 2) dumps in RAW Format.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

I use the same tool to dump Dimaond, and it is in it's original size: 512KB

I have the same problem. The platinum save is 512KB, but the 3-in-1 backup tool does not recognize it for some reason. If I remember correctly the next to latest wi-fi backup tool does.

I have the same problem. The platinum save is 512KB, but the 3-in-1 backup tool does not recognize it for some reason. If I remember correctly the next to latest wi-fi backup tool does.

Is that why I can't seem to edit/view the storage properly in Pokesav, or is it because it is an early version?

Lol it works now. :kikkoman:

Thanks.

edit: Maybe you could implement a function to extract all Wondercards at once.

This would be useful for me. :P

Yeah actually you might wanna search around your comp for a file of whatever name you gave it and no file extension; turns out it was saving, but not to the place I thought it was/intended it to.

I've kinda moved on to another project already so unless there's a bug that needs fixing I'll leave it up to the others to add functionality. Sorry. =|

Yeah actually you might wanna search around your comp for a file of whatever name you gave it and no file extension; turns out it was saving, but not to the place I thought it was/intended it to.

I've kinda moved on to another project already so unless there's a bug that needs fixing I'll leave it up to the others to add functionality. Sorry. =|

Alright. =|

For some reason, I have a 256KB save file, and it won't work because PCD Safe assumes that all save files are 512KB.

FYI, if you use a hex editor to add 256 kb of nothing but FF to your save, the program will probably work. I'm not sure what the deal is with Rudolph's tools, but even if they do dump the full 512 kb for Platinum saves, that is what they put in there, and Pokesav can edit files made like that.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI, if you use a hex editor to add 256 kb of nothing but FF to your save, the program will probably work. I'm not sure what the deal is with Rudolph's tools, but even if they do dump the full 512 kb for Platinum saves, that is what they put in there, and Pokesav can edit files made like that.

I haven't tested it, but this might work.

Of course, for that program to work, one would need to do a complete save twice in a row before backing their save file up. (By complete save, I mean do something in the PC, save, do something else in the PC, and save again... that way both halves of your save file are roughly the same.)

Otherwise you may fix the save file size, but still not be getting current save info.

It would be even nicer if someone found a way to properly dump Platinum save files in the first place.

Of course, for that program to work, one would need to do a complete save twice in a row before backing their save file up. (By complete save, I mean do something in the PC, save, do something else in the PC, and save again... that way both halves of your save file are roughly the same.)

Otherwise you may fix the save file size, but still not be getting current save info.

It would be even nicer if someone found a way to properly dump Platinum save files in the first place.

I found that if you use that tool on a 256KB Platinum save, transfer it to a flashcart, then save on that, it fixes it.

The same might work with an emulator, although I haven't forund a good emulator.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

let me get this straight: You need an emulator to use this? - Aren't there any way to use it on your real ds? Action replay?

By the by, i have tried twice to download an emulator and pokemon platinum, but when i choose pokemon platinum, it says that there were some sort of error - please re-insert the game-cart. Anyone have a solution? Am i doing anything wrong...? (Sure i am but.... xD)

This properly sounds like a total noob question, but I have to ask. When putting a Wondercard into my gamesave, I needed to put a Wondercard ID. Does this program do that automatically or do I still need to use Pokesav to edit that in my save?

Also, how do we know which card slot the Wondercard goes into when using this program?

• 1 month later...