"Evidence" of Pokesav

Zowayix

You could just be missing expected data like Pokédex entries or trade statistics, but both can be fixed.

How?

Also, I'm using an EZ Flash V+ flashcard, so Pokesaved AR codes won't work for me, as they require button presses (L+R) to work. (For some reason, all AR codes involving button presses don't work on an EZV+).

A few more questions:

Does no$gba support ARDS codes?

If I make an egg PKM file with pokesav (just for the pokedex info), convert it into an AR code, and use it in the game, will it leave traces?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think AR code will make a trace for pokemon .. especially for pokemon information

and also .. yes, no$gba support ARDS code ^^

anyway do you play platinum?? because the ARDS output of platinum pokesav is far from beding perfect xD

I wholeheartedly agree with SCV, although I may trade some legal hacked Pokemon over into my legit cart for my own fun. But if I ever decided to take part in a tournament, I would breed and train from the ground up just like everyone else has to do. Legal or not, it's simply cheating to generate your Pokemon without putting in the same amount of dedication and time that it takes to legitimately raise such a team, and it's just not fair to those who did it the way they were supposed to. I hope the previous winners of Pokemon tournaments have been legit.

Wifi battles, maybe it's fair game, I'll have to think about that :P I guess as long as you don't brag about your record or lie about playing legit, I'd say it's fine (assuming your hacks are legal). Tournaments are the main point to stay very clear on here because they are a big deal and people gather and work hard for them, with prizes at stake. I wouldn't have a clear conscience if I won a tourney with any sort of hacked advantage over players that I beat, even if that advantage is simply the amount of time needed to create the team. The only advantage I consider "fair" is knowledge, and that's why I love Project Pokemon. =)

I do think it would be fun to play with strategies this way, though. Just get a friend or two with you on it and have matches with your hacked Pokemon, just to learn about how to handle various strategies and figure out what Pokemon you like working with. Then you can make legit ones if you decide to play serious.

I wholeheartedly agree with SCV, although I may trade some legal hacked Pokemon over into my legit cart for my own fun. But if I ever decided to take part in a tournament, I would breed and train from the ground up just like everyone else has to do. Legal or not, it's simply cheating to generate your Pokemon without putting in the same amount of dedication and time that it takes to legitimately raise such a team, and it's just not fair to those who did it the way they were supposed to. I hope the previous winners of Pokemon tournaments have been legit.

Wifi battles, maybe it's fair game, I'll have to think about that :P I guess as long as you don't brag about your record or lie about playing legit, I'd say it's fine (assuming your hacks are legal). Tournaments are the main point to stay very clear on here because they are a big deal and people gather and work hard for them, with prizes at stake. I wouldn't have a clear conscience if I won a tourney with any sort of hacked advantage over players that I beat, even if that advantage is simply the amount of time needed to create the team. The only advantage I consider "fair" is knowledge, and that's why I love Project Pokemon. =)

I do think it would be fun to play with strategies this way, though. Just get a friend or two with you on it and have matches with your hacked Pokemon, just to learn about how to handle various strategies and figure out what Pokemon you like working with. Then you can make legit ones if you decide to play serious.

I agree. The only time I went to a tornament, I went with these Legal PokeSav-Generated Pokemon: Selfdestructing Snorlax, Exploding Likiliky, Exploding Electrode, and other Self-Sacrificing Pokemon. I lost the second battle when a Gengar came up. I wasn't playing the tornament seriously, so I think those PokeSav'ed guys were okay. (I made a bunch of 8-year-olds crack up! There were too many little kids.) But going into a torney and actually winning with hacked Pokemon is just wrong. I believe using 100% legal Pokemon on WiFi is fair play though, because half of them have been PokeSav'ed anyway.

whats is my ranch trade?

I agree for the most part. I don;t get to go play in tourneys anymore, and finding out about an event to get a rare Pokemon is always a day late and a few hours short usually. I have taken the other side of the coin. I hack all of my games to have the same trainer id's from the start, use quick levelups to max my "speedrun" Pokemon quickly... box everything else. Then I use a combination of Pal Parking and Dual DS or(( ((((My Ranch trading))))) to get the entire collection over to one game where I can start breeding chains and training legitimately. I don;t create event Pokemon either... I usually Action replay in the event item or the wondercard or whatever and then physically go out and catch the Pokemon. How I got the event isn;t legit.. but the Pokemon itself is. Do this on an alternate cartridge too and then trade to a main cartridge.

I'm still fiddling with it... my first task is seeing weather having the same OT info on a Pokemon will look too screwey on an event Pokemon or raise the question of "How do you have BOTH Palkia and Dialga on your copy of diamond that say you caught both of them?"

On reflection... I think I'll just use the Dual DS and Pal Park method to trade. If all of my ID's are the same then I'll have Pokemon that look like they were caught on a game that they aren't catchable on...

Zowayix, as long as the only Pokesav operations that you performed on your save files are save/load .PKM files from/to your boxes, there won't be Pokesav "traces".

What does leave traces then?

This is what I currently do every time I need to "trade" a Pokemon:

- Open Platinum save in Pokesav, save the traded Pokemon as a PKM, then delete the pokemon from the box.

- Open Diamond save in Pokesav, load the PKM into a box.

- Open Diamond save in DSPokeEdit, and add required Pokedex data and increase "Number of Link Trades" by 1.

the pokesav will leave its trace if you press "save" button for saving the savefile xD ...

the same goes for DSpokeedit ...

why i said it's far from being perfect?? because beside it will leave trace ., the ARDS output for platinum (from what i hear) can not generate some of the codes.. because the programmer have not figured how to do so >_< .. especially for pal park pokemon

These are personally confirmed facts:

- Saving pokemon from your boxes into .PKM files, then deleting them, then saving the changes to your save file DOESN'T leave "Pokesav traces" in your save file.

- Those .PKM files DON'T have "Pokesav traces"

- Loading .PKM files into your boxes, then saving the changes to your save file DOESN'T leave "Pokesav traces" in your save file.

- Editing pokemon in your boxes then saving changes to your save file CAN leave "Pokesav traces" (in the pokemon, but no other parts of the save file) due to wrong character support, loss of trash bytes and of course user's lack of editing experience. At worst you get a poorly hacked pokemon, but there won't be "Pokesav traces" in your save file.

(end of facts)

I can't speak for editing Pokedex entries with DSPokeEdit, I've never checked how "clean" is that. Until then and to be on the safe side I suggest getting missing Pokedex entries by hatching eggs for those pokemon able to breed. And I mean breeding and hatching in-game.

Also remember that using a pokemon in a battle grants you a partial pokedex entry (seen), enough to allow you to get the full entry by GTS trading. The problem is that you don't have Wi-Fi, iirc.

As for editing trading statistics with DSPokeEdit, I have yet to check how clean is that too. Again, until then safe practice would be getting useless GTS and Wi-Fi trades to increase your numbers.

Other than that wait for Pokemod, those are fixable hacking flaws as I've said before.

And please note that probably nobody will ever check your save file that deep. Better enjoy the game.

Btw to erase the traces of the pokemon file for pokemon edited and made then saved in the box we've just to trade them to D/P and take back or put them on GTS deposit and take back off ^^ , and all will be ok. Obviously if the pokemon if 1000% legal.

I'd also like to know something. If you were to rip a sav off a legit cart, don't even touch it with Pokesav, and then later restore it to a fresh new legit cart, would there be any difference or trace at all compared to the way it was on the original cart? And I mean anything at all, I'm really OCD about this.

I have the stupid bug that prevents me from trading on the GTS in Platinum, and apparently Nintendo will fix it for free, but your sav is lost. I am very distraught about the lack of GTS so I'm considering doing this, but I want to know everything about what might be different about my cart if I restore a sav to it, whether it breaks Nintendo's warranty and if they can tell in any way, and etc.

Edited by Jamuko
Detail.

I have the stupid bug that prevents me from trading on the GTS in Platinum, and apparently Nintendo will fix it for free, but your sav is lost. I am very distraught about the lack of GTS so I'm considering doing this, but I want to know everything about what might be different about my cart if I restore a sav to it, whether it breaks Nintendo's warranty and if they can tell in any way, and etc.

Don't worry about that, because GTS Trading in Platinum sucks. You can REQUEST Pokemon to be at a specific level, but when searching, it won't display that information.

I'd say just keep all your GTS trading to D/P. They probably run off the same server so you'll be bale to see people using the GTS on Platinum too.

This is all secondhand information though. I've yet to actually go to the GTS in Plat. Been spending time getting my butt kicked at the Battle Factory.

Don't worry about that, because GTS Trading in Platinum sucks. You can REQUEST Pokemon to be at a specific level, but when searching, it won't display that information.

That's exactly my problem. Apparently, it wasn't supposed to be that way.

Here's some information posted on a thread about this at Nintendo forums:

I've been seeing this question a lot more often than I've seen the answer, so I'll post it again.

This is a known bug in Pokemon Platinum. Not sure if it affects all copies or just some of them. Nintendo will repair it for free. Call the customer service help line and explain the problem. They will do some searching and then send you an email with a printable FedEx shipping label. I just sent mine in today.

By the way, this will wipe your data, so you might want to trade off your rares and starter first.

So derrick, don't worry about doing it by accident. In order to do it you have to call up and harass Nintendo until they email you a shipping label and you mail off your game to them. :P

Anyway, that's why I'm considering doing it. I want my Platinum GTS to NOT suck.

Oh, and I can't really just use D/P for GTS instead.. that defeats my goal of collecting dots on my globe. Also, I wouldn't be able to use the "Search by Country" feature.

I'd also like to know something. If you were to rip a sav off a legit cart, don't even touch it with Pokesav, and then later restore it to a fresh new legit cart, would there be any difference or trace at all compared to the way it was on the original cart? And I mean anything at all, I'm really OCD about this.

No, there's no traces whatsoever on it. Don't worry. :)

(btw, what's OCD?)

No, there's no traces whatsoever on it. Don't worry. :)

(btw, what's OCD?)

Yay, thanks =) I'm still paranoid though xD

OCD means "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder", but I'm not really using it in the formal sense. I basically just mean I care excessively about pretty irrelevant details that no one else would care about (i.e., keeping my game EXACTLY "pure" and equal to a legit cart, even if any difference that might incur would be entirely inconsequential and there would be no reason for it to matter in any way).

i just tought of this maby its some thing there useing to get the people who used ards (like me) and makeing it to where you cant use ards on it any more like that bug could be blocking you because of ards i dont know thats what i was just thinking about after i finished my taks test

Thanks a lot kazumi213! :)

Do you know if loading wondercards (PCDs and PGTs) into a save file leaves traces?

How about converting a wondercard into an AR code and using that?

My guess is that it doesn't leave trace on your save b/c all you do is import wondercards into your save. In other words, kinda like you go to the event yourself. But, I'd like someone else who's more knowledgeable that me to confirm this. :bidoof:

These are personally confirmed facts:

- Saving pokemon from your boxes into .PKM files, then deleting them, then saving the changes to your save file DOESN'T leave "Pokesav traces" in your save file.

- Those .PKM files DON'T have "Pokesav traces"

- Loading .PKM files into your boxes, then saving the changes to your save file DOESN'T leave "Pokesav traces" in your save file.

- Editing pokemon in your boxes then saving changes to your save file CAN leave "Pokesav traces" (in the pokemon, but no other parts of the save file) due to wrong character support, loss of trash bytes and of course user's lack of editing experience. At worst you get a poorly hacked pokemon, but there won't be "Pokesav traces" in your save file.

And please note that probably nobody will ever check your save file that deep. Better enjoy the game.

Thanks for your post.

So, if someone have fear of be caught by nintendo, just do it:

Import your save file to pc, open in the pokesav, build some pokemon, save they in the .pkm format and close the program. Open the program again, load your save, load the .pkm files into your box's and save your file. than restore the save for your game card.

I'm right????

I think it's a ease thing to do...

I don't care with nintendo xD - and i'm sure that they can't realize that you hacked your save, even with some traces of the pokesav. They only will know if you do something stupid with yours pokemon. Someone who lives in USA could do a test for us.

if I lived there, I would.

And like kazume said, they will never check your save file so deep. You can see it just looking in the GTS or even playing Metroid online, alot of hackers doing what they want.

Yeah, and if you make a Pokemon with pokesav and load in game, through Ar codes for example (in party or box), you've just to trade it to D/P and trade back, or deposit it on GTS and takbe back off, to erase the 00 00 traces that Pokesav leave :)

Be sure the pokemon is 101% legal first :)

If it's hatched you've to check/uncheck the nickname box for the trash bytes, or nick/renick back it at Eterna City.

So don't worry Leo ;)

And if I do some changes in the itens of my bag like: TM's, Ball.... it leave traces?

Or even if i change my OT or SID, it leave trances in my save file too?

Or pokésav only leave trance when you do a pokémon in the box's? And only in the pokémon that you made, who you can trade to erase this traces?

And if I do some changes in the itens of my bag like: TM's, Ball.... it leave traces?

Or even if i change my OT or SID, it leave trances in my save file too?

Or pokésav only leave trance when you do a pokémon in the box's? And only in the pokémon that you made, who you can trade to erase this traces?

That's doesn't matter. When you put a pokemon on GTS and takin' it back the file is rewrite, and is right, so you'll not have the traces left from pokesav, since they're not used in game. And for trade is the same.