"Evidence" of Pokesav

Zowayix

1. Use HxD and put the wonder card files using it ^^

2. Use codemonkey's program to fix the savedata checksum(for diamond/pearl) and SCV's program for platinum checksum

anyway both of the checksum fixer are in "Save Research & Development" forum

Or you could use PCD Safe. Poryhack's program.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Use codemonkey's program to fix the savedata checksum(for diamond/pearl) and SCV's program for platinum checksum

Might as well just use SCV's, since it can do both file types. ;p

Regardless, TM2, all I can say for sure about Pokesav is that I have seen it make mistakes. I know for a fact that it doesn't do everything right. I don't know what possible traces it leaves though, since no one really has the save files 100% mapped.

Hi, I have 2 questions, my english is not very good, sorry i am from france but now i am living in canada (in a place were everybody speak french) i have a US Version of pokemon platinum:

1)If i add a pokemon event like the secret rotom key (legal event from this page) to my pokemon platinum save file with pokesav and then transfer this file to my retail original cartridge of pokemon platinum via NDS ADAPTOR (http://www.hkems.com/product/nintendo/NDS%20Adaptor.htm) it will leave trace or i can go to a tournament?

2) If i add items like rare candies with pokesav it will leave trace or i can go to a tournament?

Thanks

No, you're safe about the trace. They almost check only illegal things through a cartridge similar to AR (PID, movesets, the most important items and also if you have more than 1 TM you could get DQ'ed). It's important keep your bag safe and clean from suspect items. Well hacked/legal pokemon always pass the hack check.

"Maybe" it could leave some trace, but since that could be considered legal that's not a great deal in a tournament lol. I can confirm you they'll care especially about your party pokemon, your box pokemon and your bag :D. So pay attention when you make legal pokemon :D and keep safe your bag from impossible items ;)

• 7 months later...

Hi !

I'have a question too. Sorry for my english if it's bad but I'm french.

Does loading pcd and pgt files (mystery gift) leave traces on the game ?

More especially I want to restart my Platinuim game (original cartridge) but I don't want to lose all my events.. So If I put the pcd and pgt files into my rom with possibility of trading mystery card with friend, does it leave somes traces in my real cartridge than I receive thoses mystery cards by a friend and not by wifi ?

I can always put files directly in my original cartridge by NDS Backup. Will It leave traces on ?

Well, even today we still don't know 100% of the structure of Pokémon save files on the DS, which includes all of generation IV (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver). So there really is no definitive answer regarding which programs leave what kind of traces. If you're not okay with that, just don't hack your game. :\

I can tell you that the software written by me was made to be as close to the games' natural functions as possible; I can't really speak for anyone else's software.

Well, even today we still don't know 100% of the structure of Pokémon save files on the DS, which includes all of generation IV (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver). So there really is no definitive answer regarding which programs leave what kind of traces. If you're not okay with that, just don't hack your game. :\

I can tell you that the software written by me was made to be as close to the games' natural functions as possible; I can't really speak for anyone else's software.

And there is going to be 5th Gen soon... And possibly a new console... I want to still be able to edit my Pokémon saves (at a level of entirety, which still isn't possible yet.) <.<

Now I'm getting nervous.. I haven't used Pokesav to edit any of my Pokemon in anyway.. only thing I did was transfer my save file from my R4 to my bought copy so I wouldn't have to replay the whole thing. When you save a regular save in the game after that (x2 for the backup) the traces should be erased, no?

Getting nervous over what? I wish people would stop acting like the Pokemon Police will come after them for hacking their game. You have every right to do whatever you want with your save file.

And if you're worried about it because you're entering some contest, you ought to be. Don't expect that you can use pokesav to gain an advantage over other players.

There aren't any "traces" from importing your save from an R4 to a retail cart, as far as I know. And saving twice won't necessarily remove any "traces" anyway; as I said before, we don't know the full structure of the save file. Some things may never be overwritten even by a full save.

As for Pokesav, I can promise you that it doesn't work 100% the way the game does in terms of reading and writing save files, so there's always the chance that it can mess something up. I can also tell you that I have personally written software that loads and saves files in a more accurate manner, but my software is still prone to errors I may not even know about. Like I said, if you're in doubt, just don't do it.

EDIT: I second everything Poryhack says. :P

For my part, I asked the question because I just want to restart a new game in my bought copy but I don't want to loose all the original Nintendo events which are in it .. So I Try to find the better way to input them again, by a way that don't leave "traces", which doesn't show that the events don't come from nintendo server..

I think that the better way will be The NDS Distro rom (changing the day on my DS) but I keep asking me, if there can be a "trace" showing that the event doesn't come from nintendo server.

Your opinion interests me and would be strong useful, thank you.

(Sorry for my english, I'm from France)

I can only speak for myself but I am not scared of the Nintendo Police.. I just don't want all my 100% legit, legal (and all the other fancy titles that means they are real) Pokemon (that some ar paid for with train fares, movie tickets etc) and all my hours of hard honest work without any stats editing, time editing item editing and so on wont be shot down and denied because others choose to make changes in their games not approved by Nintendo. Thats all. I don't think I'm overreacting at all, I do think though that I could have read the whole thread better and apologize for asking something that had pretty much already been answered.

Thank you for the answers. Don't know what I should think though, the only way to find out I guess is to join a tournament and have them check. Or replay my whole game after just transfering the even Pokemons over DS to DS trades..