Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project Support/Feedback

Post any bugs you find in the game, and let us know what you think! Whenever possible, provide us with a SAV file to test out for where you encounter that specific problem. You can PM either Kaarosu or myself so that we can test out whatever may be causing the problem. Thanks in advance.

Currently known bugs in V3

Trimmed ROM unsupported on certain flashcarts - FIXED

Messed up line when Mom explains how to open your bag. - FIXED

MULTI BATTLE instead of Multi Battle in Champions League

Typo in Pokemon Center when taking tour from Bianca - FIXED

PokeStar Studios without accent on the "e" - FIXED

pBurghcipate - FIXED

Random japanese during first meeting with Alder - FIXED

Edited by soneek

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not rom editing related, but when I nickname a pokemon using letters (not jap. characters), I noticed those are from the ENG portion, unlike the letters from the JAP version, which are slightly different. Oh right I'm using the katakana patches for that effect. Sorry for my english :P

Just made it to the champions league.

This is how the message appeared when I unlocked it:

MULTI BATTLE

[]is now open

Also, whenever I win the lady says something along the lines of this

For winning I will now award

[Trainer Name] with battle points.

Is this how it's supposed to be, or is it supposed to be "you" instead of my trainer name?

Nice work so far.

Edit - [] = one space

Edited by Silent Storm

Thanks for the feedback guys, we're trying to see if we can resolve the issues for all of you r4? users(file size and the such) so just hang tight but if you can't use desmume for now.

@Silent Storms: We'll look into it thanks for bringing it to our attention!

I think this is a better place to post my question, so I removed it from the main thread and put it here:

Do you happen to know the Game ID of the v1 and v1.1 patches, or know of a place where I can get them? I ask because a friend of mine maintains a cheat database and would like to add the v1 and v1.1 ID's to it, just in case people don't know where or how to update the translation patch.

If none of this is available that's fine (after all, v3 would be best to get), but I thought I would ask just in case.

I think this is a better place to post my question, so I removed it from the main thread and put it here:

Do you happen to know the Game ID of the v1 and v1.1 patches, or know of a place where I can get them? I ask because a friend of mine maintains a cheat database and would like to add the v1 and v1.1 ID's to it, just in case people don't know where or how to update the translation patch.

If none of this is available that's fine (after all, v3 would be best to get), but I thought I would ask just in case.

I think these are them. DATs for v1.1 & v2

We're still having trouble making the patches compatible for all flashcarts. For now, you may have to play on an emulator if your flashcart has problems with it. We'll try to fix this issue again soon.

I think these are them. DATs for v1.1 & v2

We're still having trouble making the patches compatible for all flashcarts. For now, you may have to play on an emulator if your flashcart has problems with it. We'll try to fix this issue again soon.

It's working great on my cart (Supercard DSTwo), however I was looking for either the Game ID's or the xdelta patches for 1.0 and 1.1 to add those ID's to the CMP/DS-Scene cheat database.

**Edit**

I looked through those DATs to see if perhaps the ID's were in there, I found the ID's but they don't seem right. The ID's I have for v2 seem to be different from the ones contained in those DATs.

**Edit 2**

Just thought I would report some minor typo's and grammatical errors:

1. At the start of the game your Mom is telling you to go find Bianca to get your Pokemon and Pokedex, she then proceeds to tell you the XTransceiver is in your bag. The sentence says:
"I almost forgot ! The should be an Xtransceiver in your bag."
It should be "There should be an Xtransceiver in your bag." 

2. After your first battle with Hyuu (just after getting your Pokemon) Bel will say:
"Now! That's battle took a lot out of your Pokemon."
It should be "That Battle took a lot out of your Pokemon."

3. When Bel takes you to the Pokemon Center she's going to give you a tour she says:
"I'll give you a quic tour of the Pokemon Center!" 

4. During Bel's tour she says:
"Don't hesitate to ask for thier help if your Pokemon are hurt!"

5. Still during Bel's tour:
"Here is the PC! very trainer can use it."

6. At the Poke Mart Bel says:
"Pokemon are kept in Poke Balls, when can be purchased at any Poke Mart!"
It should say "Pokemon are kept in Poke Balls, which can be purchased at any Poke Mart!"

7. Outside the Pokemon Center before departing for Route 19 your Mom says:
"Go with KEY ITEMS and meet plenty of other Pokemon!" 
When you talk with her again it's corrected with
"Go with Oshawott and meet plenty of other Pokemon!" 
I chose Oshawott just FYI.

8. When examining a cabinet it says:
"The closet contains many sorted Pokemon goods."
Should it not say "The closet contains many assorted Pokemon goods." ?

I know these are really minor, and hopefully you don't think I'm nitpicking. I'm just trying to help out. Regardless, I'm finding no actual bugs so far, so that's a good thing! Keep up the great work guys!

LOL @ the girl who changes the language in Sangi town. You guys rock.

Edited by Deathwing Zero

Took a few screenshots as I happened to come across little mistakes I noticed today:

When you try and teach a pokemon a TM or HM, the sentence is incomplete, it only reads "Should a move be deleted and replaced".

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3895/black2english5222006.png

Biance's name in the X-Transceiver reads "Bel".

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/11/black2english436889.png

Speaking of the X-Transceiver, it isn't translated in the Shortcut menu. (This one's not really a mistake, I'm sure you guys would've gotten to it eventually, just notice that it sticks out lol)

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2018/black2english297040.png

And, on the "Beginner Touring" Medal, it reads "This medal commemorates the first time youxffferode a bicycle."

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4614/black2english1815037.png

Anywho, you guys are doing pretty awesome =] Keep up the great work!

in the very beginning it says this when your talkin to your mom

I almost forgot ! the should be an Xtransceiver in your bag.

it should say

I almost forgot ! There should be an Xtransceiver in your bag.

==========================================

before the first battle with hue says

the egg that i was taking care of hatched into a tepig

in way i think bianca gave him a pokedex and a pokemon didnt they wouldnt it?

or is it correct just seems weird that he ask for pokedex and pokemon or such then get egg and hatch on spot.

================================

when entering pokecenter says this

Bianca: i'll give you a quic tour of the pokemon center!

fix to

Bianca: i'll give you a quick tour of the pokemon center!

===================================

after you get your map you mom says this

go with key items and meet many other pokemon

but when you talk again it says

go with (starter) and meet many other pokemon.

i thought it odd glitch seen as it only first message says it

========================

ill post more as i progress game

..the wild pokemon names are back in Japanese.. I'm playing the rom on no$gba..btw, trimming the game isnt so bad. it cuts the time of loading the rom on no$gba and desmume by almost 75%! can u make 2 patches at the end? one that trims and one that keeps the rom on original size...thanks

Also, whenever I win the lady says something along the lines of this

For winning I will now award

[Trainer Name] with battle points.

Is this how it's supposed to be, or is it supposed to be "you" instead of my trainer name?

Nice work so far.

If she is playing the announcer to all the audience and you, then {Trainer Name} sounds better.

Post any bugs you find in the game, and let us know what you think! Whenever possible, provide us with a SAV file to test out for where you encounter that specific problem. You can PM either Kaarosu or myself so that we can test out whatever may be causing the problem. Thanks in advance.

Currently known bugs in V3

Trimmed ROM unsupported on certain flashcarts

Messed up line when Mom explains how to open your bag.

MULTI BATTLE instead of Multi Battle in Champions League

Typo in Pokemon Center when taking tour from Bianca

PokeStar Studios without accent on the "e"

Soneek, they are only minor spelling mistakes (apart from the Trimming)

Thanks for the new patch everyone! :)

my game freezes after about 30 minutes. i'm using no$gba zoomer ( i have a slow netbook, so desmume doesn't work properly.) with ex0 and ex5 enabled.

i tried to save my game (in-game save, since taking a snapshot doesn't work with ds-games) and then reset the rom, but that doesn't change a thing.

can anyone help?

my game freezes after about 30 minutes. i'm using no$gba zoomer ( i have a slow netbook, so desmume doesn't work properly.) with ex0 and ex5 enabled.

i tried to save my game (in-game save, since taking a snapshot doesn't work with ds-games) and then reset the rom, but that doesn't change a thing.

can anyone help?

did u use clean rom to patch the game?

guyz help, i used no$gba and i get an error it says the "rom have crash" when the mom get enter to the house.

i wonder if this patch already have an anti-piracy patch? I'm new here plz. help.

by d way sorry for my bad english.

you're probably using white 2 rom. try the black 2.