After "item update", key items vanished.

theSLAYER

Should I read your mind and know what game you're talking about?

Edit: I'm seeing it on Black 2/White 2, and probably others now that I think about what I did. Stupid mistake. I'll update as soon as it's fixed, as it's significant.

Thanks for resolving the issue :D

It happened on Black 2.

Well my guess is that it doesn't read the correct locations,

But when I saved key items backed in, it wrote into those correct locations.

Also not sure if I used the correct file, but it said "Cgear data is deleted" when I loaded back in.

The problem is with loading and verifying the item IDs.

Ugh, that's also a problem.

Sorry one more thing,

Doesn't really matter with the sav file though.

Whenever I open Pokegen, it prompts to download the same English Update, and it saves, and the next time I open it happens again.

Never happened to me with other updates. I'm running Windows 7.

Well, could you clarify how to get those key items back please? I lost the map, xtransceiver, vs. recorder, medal box and propcase. None of which are overly important at the moment, but I'm not really sure I won't be stopped and unable to continue at a later point.

Edit: Resolved. I put xtransceiver on Petilil. Perhaps PokeGen can use some precautionary features? Everyone make mistakes now and then.

Well, could you clarify how to get those key items back please? I lost the map, xtransceiver, vs. recorder, medal box and propcase. None of which are overly important at the moment, but I'm not really sure I won't be stopped and unable to continue at a later point.

Edit: Resolved. I put xtransceiver on Petilil. Perhaps PokeGen can use some precautionary features? Everyone make mistakes now and then.

Just readd the items using the latest pokegen.

Multiclick into the item box, then the item list will open and you change it from there.

My DNA Link pin vanished... I didnt notice until now. If I add it now, it won't seperate my Black Kyurem.

It merges another Kyurem with Reshiram though... if I then try seperating the Black Kyurem with the changed item, it turns into Kyurem and the Reshiram that is still merged into the other White Kyurem...

Where does the Zekrom/Reshiram data go anyway? @_@

Someone else reported this already. It'll be fixed soon.

I see, but still, any idea where the data goes?

Since the Reshiram/Zekrom is saved somewhere, it should be possible to make it editable in pokegen while its merged right?

No offense, but is this program even being tested? I keep seeing serious bug reports all the time... I'd kinda feel uncomfortable putting my savegames at risk.

There's so many features in that program, and only one person to test it before release. And it is easier than you think to accidentally break a feature (or to forget to test something). Sometimes I am sure (I am sure...) that I tested something, but it magically stops working as soon as I publish it. (Probably half the bugs in any program are fixed by literally changing one or two characters in the source code.)

That's why it is recommended to back up your save file.

1. Copy your save file to your computer.

2. Copy the same save file somewhere else on your computer

3. Edit only one of them

4. Put the edited save file on your flashcart/emulator/legit cartridge

5. If anything goes wrong, repeat step #4 with the un-edited save file.

No offense, but is this program even being tested? I keep seeing serious bug reports all the time... I'd kinda feel uncomfortable putting my savegames at risk.

I know how you feel, but there's nothing that can be done about it. As evandixon said, it's extremely easy to introduce problems with very little change. He's also correct in that the majority of the time, I'm the only one who tests anything. There are countless variables involved with testing, and I'm certainly not going to be able to cover all of them myself. Sometimes I don't even have the data to do so.

Edit: Also, take a moment and consider the problems in other programs that you don't know about or don't read about. Or the problems that're fixed and never mentioned in change logs. And how many of these problems in PokeGen have even been relevant to you and unfixable?