Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

I have the rom and the delta translater patch program open, but when I visit the cloud downloads for white 2 I see a Kana and a regular translation patch, which do I apply for the rom? Or do I apply both?

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the rom and the delta translater patch program open, but when I visit the cloud downloads for white 2 I see a Kana and a regular translation patch, which do I apply for the rom? Or do I apply both?

One of them, it's just if you prefer japanese or english logo on the start screen.

I'm Not sure if i''ve found a bug, or it's just something i havn't done. But when i go to Sangi Ranch, and i pass through the fence gap i can't battle Hugh. I can just walk straight through. He's there walking around but i can't interact with him. I was following a walkthrough and i've done everything i can but nothing has worked :/

This might have been suggested before, but there are two translation projects (http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=59454.0) This seems quite silly, why don't you just contact them and work together, get everything moving a lot quicker :).

Project pokemon is almost done anyway. i expect everything but the story to be finished in the next release. Not that i dont expect an increase in the story translation but i dont expect it to be completed

how do you patch a clean Pokemon Black 2 rom on a mac?

Hey, I have a Mac to and what I do is, I downloaded this app called Wine, look it up on google or something. after you downloaded it, get the patch and right click the .exe file. click open with Wine and then a window should popup. click the first option and hit go. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt but if it doesnt, try borrowing a comp or look up on youtube, how to open exe files on a mac

50% translated, heh, no so sure that is accurate. Calculating an actual % is not a simple task.. well actually it is, now that I think about it. Let me give it a try. I will write a program to analyze the actual text and give me some HARD numbers on the matter. WITH SCIENCE.

Using the very latest of this very second git pull from each.

PP Main: 43642 lines out of 60405 total lines translated: 72.248986%

PP Story: 4318 lines out of 13085 total lines translated: 32.999618%

PSN Main: 42476 lines out of 60406 total lines translated: 70.317518%

PSN Story: 2109 lines out of 13087 total lines translated: 16.115229%

PP Total: 65.26058%

PSN Total: 60.66564%

So yeah, okay they are over half done. But so are we.

So PP is about twice as far on a % basis on the actual translation of the story narc. The other one is a wash and we are about even % wise. But PP does try to aim for accuracy.

I also notice they seem to have had a handful of extra lines sneak into their translation files, they have 3 extra lines total then we do.

The god awfully simple program I use to calculate this.

----

Which leads me to a status update...

We have a boatload or two of misc story text translated and a good bit of the normal text even more translated. You can expect a lot more of the things trainers say after battle translated, signs, championship text, menus, etc etc etc. To be translated.

Just spent 6 or so hours on merging Kaarosu's translations, and I also tackled a number of rather impressive bugs in the system and weirdness should be much less... hopefully. Always a chance something we did completely broke it.

As for the patch well. It should be incoming sometime before the actual US release. But when exactly, I can't say. I don't make the patches. I just help translate. (and write programs, i'm good at that).

Edit: It is being tested now as I understand. But that means nothing if we find bugs.

Edited by Chase-san

I dont complain since you guys have done a good job so far. I read before that the next translation patch on the way but its not here yet. The reason Im asking for the next version is because trimming causes incompatibility on most flash cards.

Hi, you guys are doing a great job. Im just having one problem with the union room. When i attempt to talk to the person it just says cancel and it kind of semi freezes. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

²

Pokestations story patch is only at

3461 lines out of 13085 total lines translated: 26.450134%

They still have an inaccurate counting of translated percent.

I found this oddly humorous. I love you guys.

Keep up the great work!

Well just wanted to say this:

The V3 patch it's a good one, but in the plasma frigate the password it's something hard to obtain because the hints are in japanese, so please if you could translate the hints if that not much to ask, I already pass it but could be difficult for new players.

that's all thank you for your attention and for the effort

The V3 patch it's a good one, but in the plasma frigate the password it's something hard to obtain because the hints are in japanese, so please if you could translate the hints if that not much to ask, I already pass it but could be difficult for new players.

Do you remember the Passwords?

It's not hard if you know the passwords, but I see your point in it being difficult.