Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

Thankyou for giving us a reasonable timescale, I feel a lot better when I'm not in the dark. I've been following this patch for a while, but haven't touched it yet, as i'm a bit of a perfectionist and want it close to 100% as possible, Do you think that V4 or V5 will bring us a complete story translation?

Also what's up with the 98% item thing?

I wouldn't expect 100% story until the US release. If it's not essential to getting through the game, it won't be prioritized. (With the exception of PokeStar Studios)

We have 100% items...

for all of you people who saying you want a new patch as soon as possible or within few weeks and want it fully translated by then thats impossible.

in translation teams for professional translations who paid by companys like gamefreak,atlus,namco and so on takes them several months to translate. and they all work full days every day and payed.

seen as all these generous people are translating this for free it will most likely take them till august or September to fully translate it. most likely 80 percent but mostly english. i know you dont wanna hear this but stop asking to fully translate and rush these nice translators. for me i like to thank them for being generous and wait patently.

im no trying to be rude to the translators if i offend you on saying your gonna take a long time.i just know it takes alot work and respect it.

This person speaks the truth. :)

As Kaarosu said, this is done in our free time, so we're not going to be releasing stuff as quickly. The first three patches were essentially getting as much of the info from Black and White translated as we could. We're getting more in depth now to new features and menus. Patience is key.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thankyou for giving us a reasonable timescale, I feel a lot better when I'm not in the dark. I've been following this patch for a while, but haven't touched it yet, as i'm a bit of a perfectionist and want it close to 100% as possible, Do you think that V4 or V5 will bring us a complete story translation?

Also what's up with the 98% item thing?

they say 98 percent on this site cause there is no way for 100%. there are still 2 percent items and events still not released yet. so no way to translate somethin that dont exist yet. so once they released they wont be 100 percent. so this site probly said 98% to be more accurate in case one those items released.

remember in older games they had special items like oaks letter and the item to get to newmoon island and all those event items to get to these rare legendarys. well items not revealed yet

I wouldn't expect 100% story until the US release. If it's not essential to getting through the game, it won't be prioritized. (With the exception of PokeStar Studios)

We have 100% items...

This person speaks the truth. :)

As Kaarosu said, this is done in our free time, so we're not going to be releasing stuff as quickly. The first three patches were essentially getting as much of the info from Black and White translated as we could. We're getting more in depth now to new features and menus. Patience is key.

thank u also big companys can translate in 3 months to 6 months. small companys take up to year 2 to translate and there paid if all you fans wanna look it up go ahead you will see how long it can take.

This patch is really amazing and I thank everyone who contributed to it. I just have a few questions since I have never patched a rom before. Do I just use Xdelta and patch my rom with the english patch itself and I am good to go? I don't care for the Game ID since I don't use cheats on my game. The thing is, I am going to play this on an Acekard2i, so I was wondering how I use that DAT V3 file or how to apply it to my rom. Or do I just patch only the english translation file and I am good to go. I'm sorry for all the questions, I just would really appreciate it if someone walked me through getting this to work on my Acekard2i step by step since I have all the files.

No one really answered my questions above, so if anyone can help me I'd be really grateful

I wouldn't expect 100% story until the US release. If it's not essential to getting through the game, it won't be prioritized. (With the exception of PokeStar Studios).

I just downloaded the V3 patch and it's working brilliantly (the only real problem is the frame-skipping dominant among all DS ROMs). However, concerning your priorities, what is the translation progress on Sangi Ranch? While not exactly pivotal to the story, it's required to progress to the first Gym, and it would be somewhat difficult for first-timers or younger players (ignoring the fact that the latter probably wouldn't even use emulators and ROMs) to figure out what they're supposed to do if they can't read Japansese.

Whenever I get to the Giant Chasm after Team Plasma lands in there, the old Team Plasma isn't fighting the new one, when they're supposed to. Also, I can't fight Black Kyurem. Any help?

Where exactly in the game are you? It's hard to tell from your description. Did you complete the events with Team Plasma inside their frigate yet?

Thank you guys for all your hard work. I'm currently writing a FAQ for this game and the English translations are really helpful. However, I'll have to play through this completely before I can really do my FAQ, as not all of the main plots of the storyline are translated yet, and I get stuck. xD But I praise you guys for your work, it's really appreciated, and keep it up!

Can you try and translate all the hints for the password on the Plasma Frigate? Some of them say "A Password?" and the rest is Japanese, and without it I cannot progress.

The passwords are either xx0x (replace the x's with a single number from 1 through 9, for example, 9909), ze-ku-ro-mu (type this in the translator without the hyphens which is the fourth option on the bottom, or re-shi-ra-mu. If it is a number password, when you talk to some of the plasma grunts near the password machine, they should have a number highlighted in brackets. That's the number you need to replace the x's with.

is pokestation patch the same thing as yours? are you guys working with them or are these two separate projects? and if they are separate

why?

They're separate projects. And it's probably just because two different teams wanted to make a translation. They've gone about it differently from what I've seen, so it's not just cut and paste from eachother.

Can you try and translate all the hints for the password on the Plasma Frigate? Some of them say "A Password?" and the rest is Japanese, and without it I cannot progress.

these should be all the passwords, just try them all: 1101, 2202, 3303, 4404, 5505, 6606, 7707, 8808, 9909, レシラム, ゼクロム, キュレム

I have a question:

If I apply the Translation Patch V3 to my Pokemon Black 2 Rom will I be able to apply future patch versions to the game without restarting/formatting my game?

I'm not sure if someone has already asked this question, thanks to anyone who can help!

I have a question:

If I apply the Translation Patch V3 to my Pokemon Black 2 Rom will I be able to apply future patch versions to the game without restarting/formatting my game?

I'm not sure if someone has already asked this question, thanks to anyone who can help!

Yes, you have to patch a clean rom though. You also have to rename the new rom to the same name as your old save file.