Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

Hi ProjectPokemon ^^

First of all, thanks for more this translation.

I'm here to post that when I try to communicate with my friend on Union Room via Wireless, the options of Battle, Trade, .... , don't appear.

Is this a bug of the translation?

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I'm using V3. What I did to pass by it was to use an untranslated rom, enter the code, save, then use the translated rom again.

That being said, I don't have the save file anymore, sorry :frown:

But I promise you I tried every combination of 7's and 0's for the password and none of them worked with the english translation rom.

Maybe someone else here has a save file around that part of the game?

Did you try the reshiram or zekrom passwords?

Help!!!

Projectpokemon, The Pokemon Names in my Game is still on Japanese!!! , please help me!

Thanks..

There are 2 patches, one of them keeps the Japanese names. It's not hard to figure out which is which, just read the file name.

Can anyone help with how I am supposed to get this to be an untrimmed rom? Someone suggested to use the "full" xdelta I don't understand. I tried using the xdelta that came with the v2 patch but that didn't work. Any fixes?

You should use xDelta GUI or xDelta Lite Patcher ! (I believe xDelta GUI doesn't trim the rom)

What GUI you use doesn't matter. An xDelta patch is dumb (that is, it is unintelligent). It knows nothing about NDS files. Trimmed or otherwise.

xDelta changes one thing into another based on a binary diff (difference). It will ALWAYS trim the rom, no matter what magical chanting or voodoo you use during patching. Because the original binary diff was done on a trimmed rom.

But aside from that. The xDelta Lite Patcher uses xDelta 3.0.0z where as the old xDelta GUI uses xDelta 1.1.2 the two versions are not compatible at all and barring divine intervention neither will ever support the others patch files.

Ok, can somebody help me with this?

1. I patched a clean ROM with the translation patch V3 using Delta Patcher Lite.

2. I loaded the game in DeSmuME 0.9.8, and used an AR code to unlock the keys, and activated the challenge key.

3. I used this site to convert my DeSmuME save file to an R4 save file.

4. I put the patched game and save file on my micro SD card, put it into my original R4 with Wood V1.49 in my original DS.

5. When I try to run the game, I get a white screen.

What should I do?

EDIT: I have been trying to turn of cheat mode, but when I select the file and press Y I get a menu screen with a three boxes I can select, but there is no text in them, so I don't know what to do. Pressing X does nothing.

Would somebody please be so kind to give me a step by step walkthrough (which files I need, where to get them, what to change in the menu, etc.)? It would be much appreciated.

What GUI you use doesn't matter. An xDelta patch is dumb (that is, it is unintelligent). It knows nothing about NDS files. Trimmed or otherwise.

xDelta changes one thing into another based on a binary diff (difference). It will ALWAYS trim the rom, no matter what magical chanting or voodoo you use during patching. Because the original binary diff was done on a trimmed rom.

But aside from that. The xDelta Lite Patcher uses xDelta 3.0.0z where as the old xDelta GUI uses xDelta 1.1.2 the two versions are not compatible at all and barring divine intervention neither will ever support the others patch files.

So basically, it's impossible to get an untrimmed outcome? That sucks because for whatever reason my flashcart doesn't like trimmed roms. Urg.

Thank you for the translations, i think it´s a great work, but i have a question: what is V3 Data? and why do we have a translation and a translation by kana? and finally, why do we need the file called Game ID?

Question why didnt you read the first post and the rest of the topic? All your questions would have been answered.However since ur too lazy to have done so the v3 Dat files are for Flash Carts if the games dont work to begin with. THe translation by kana is still an english translation but with the Japanese pokemon names as some people like those. and the game id is so that you can make cheats work. Seriously read before you ask questions >_<

Question why didnt you read the first post and the rest of the topic? All your questions would have been answered.However since ur too lazy to have done so the v3 Dat files are for Flash Carts if the games dont work to begin with. THe translation by kana is still an english translation but with the Japanese pokemon names as some people like those. and the game id is so that you can make cheats work. Seriously read before you ask questions >_<

I'm not who you quoted, but I want to say; the front page doesn't explain what to do with the .DAT files and game IDs for newbies like me, there are 25 pages of comments, and the first X pages talk about earlier versions of the patch. I think it's very reasonable to ask questions.

I'm not who you quoted, but I want to say; the front page doesn't explain what to do with the .DAT files and game IDs for newbies like me, there are 25 pages of comments, and the first X pages talk about earlier versions of the patch. I think it's very reasonable to ask questions.

Not if the answers were already in the comments. its not like there are 200 pages for cryin out loud. and theres only like 10 posts per page. and i answered his questions anyway so i dont see the point of ur argument. and i wasnt even talking to you so again not seeing the point or ur argument >_<

I agree with confused sandwich completely because I read and read a lot of pages and I didn´t see anything. I think that Phoenix, you should be more polite, if you don´t want to answer questions, go out!

You obviously cant read then >_< You v3 Dat question was answered on page 10 Also it says in the first post they were provided by darkspirit456 . Next the pokemon Kana version. if you looked at the second page somebody asked if they would release a version which keeps the japanese version names. And page 22 has someone explaing how to get the codes to work via game id. so yes all ur questions were answered if you actually read the topic. And you can be grateful i even bothered as everybody else was practically ignoring you. And someone else answering you isnt going to change the answers i gave. And nobody else will answer as i already did.

Confused Sandwich, I have the same problem as you with the spanish translation, and I explained the message that I received in my computer before trying to use it in my flashcart (edge) and probably you could see the response on this threat

Phoenix you don´t understand nothing. I can read, better than you, believe me! but I am not English!!! So i am not going to read all the comments because I can´t understand all, that´s why i asked for it, i won´t ask things that have been said in Spanish!!! Anyway, i preferer that anybody answers than people like you answer, because you don´t have education. You should read the rules!!!!

Confused Sandwich, I have the same problem as you with the spanish translation, and I explained the message that I received in my computer before trying to use it in my flashcart (edge) and probably you could see the response on this threat

Phoenix you don´t understand nothing. I can read, better than you, believe me! but I am not English!!! So i am not going to read all the comments because I can´t understand all, that´s why i asked for it, i won´t ask things that have been said in Spanish!!! Anyway, i preferer that anybody answers than people like you answer, because you don´t have education. You should read the rules!!!!

Now hold hold up immature little kid. Just because you cant take some criticism doesnt mean you gotta be a little whiner. I answered ur questions. nobody else at that point did so there they are answered. And yes i was a bit rude so i apologize.

This patch is really amazing and I thank everyone who contributed to it. I just have a few questions since I have never patched a rom before. Do I just use Xdelta and patch my rom with the english patch itself and I am good to go? I don't care for the Game ID since I don't use cheats on my game. The thing is, I am going to play this on an Acekard2i, so I was wondering how I use that DAT V3 file or how to apply it to my rom. Or do I just patch only the english translation file and I am good to go. I'm sorry for all the questions, I just would really appreciate it if someone walked me through getting this to work on my Acekard2i step by step since I have all the files.

This patch is really amazing and I thank everyone who contributed to it. I just have a few questions since I have never patched a rom before. Do I just use Xdelta and patch my rom with the english patch itself and I am good to go? I don't care for the Game ID since I don't use cheats on my game. The thing is, I am going to play this on an Acekard2i, so I was wondering how I use that DAT V3 file or how to apply it to my rom. Or do I just patch only the english translation file and I am good to go. I'm sorry for all the questions, I just would really appreciate it if someone walked me through getting this to work on my Acekard2i step by step since I have all the files.

I dont have an acekard so i may not be able to help you completely. but i think it works on that card on the latest firmware without using the dat files