Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

If I do romanized names, it'll be for every Pokemon. Not just the Unova region ones. I'll have it for v4.

Just to let you guys know, v4 won't be released as quickly as the other patches, since we bunch a lot of stuff into just 5 days. There's some essentials that we plan to have ready, but we'll need time to recover from brain shock lol.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I don't use an R4 or anything so would it work for an Emulator? Sorry I'm dumb with this stuff =/

Yes depending on your computer. Try NO$GBA or DeSmuMe. No$ requires some work for it to start but it has a high frame rate without a lot of adjustments. As to muMe which starts right off the bat but if you don't have a good computer I don't recommend it.

I am using DesMume. My question was directed to the Cheat Editor. I asked if someone could possibly make a compatible AR Code for x2 EXP for White 2, because the Japanese codes do not work with the patches. And I don't know how to work the Cheat Editor I got linked too.

I might just go on Super Cheats or somewhere that takes AR Code requests.

EDIT: Nevermind sorry guys. I'm dumb. I went on Youtube and found a video with all the codes, and did a test with max money and it worked. Sorry if I sounded rude.

If I do romanized names, it'll be for every Pokemon. Not just the Unova region ones. I'll have it for v4.

Just to let you guys know, v4 won't be released as quickly as the other patches, since we bunch a lot of stuff into just 5 days. There's some essentials that we plan to have ready, but we'll need time to recover from brain shock lol.

I think that is an awesome idea.

won't be today, we're trying to work out bugs/fix typos and t he such before moving on to a v4. Can't sacrifice quality for speed... well you can but we just don't want to.

I don't mind the wait, just means the patch will be even more awesome when it comes out, keep up the good work dude

won't be today, we're trying to work out bugs/fix typos and t he such before moving on to a v4. Can't sacrifice quality for speed... well you can but we just don't want to.

is fixing the c-gear for flashcards on which the patched game works but needs modifying, one of the things you guys are fixing ? :D

With the v3 patch, will I have to restart my game from the beginning? Because when I try to load my v2 save, the game crashes when I talk to someone. If there is a way to convert my v2 game save to work with the v3 patch, can you tell me how to do it?

I don't mind the wait, just means the patch will be even more awesome when it comes out, keep up the good work dude

It will be more awesome :) I'm actually putting my hands on the story git this time to help out soneek so translating stuff that i know as i see it while looking for the typos/errors that have been reported

is fixing the c-gear for flashcards on which the patched game works but needs modifying, one of the things you guys are fixing ? :D

Def trying, I don't have one of those flashcarts that are having that issue but we'll see how it goes.

With the v3 patch, will I have to restart my game from the beginning? Because when I try to load my v2 save, the game crashes when I talk to someone. If there is a way to convert my v2 game save to work with the v3 patch, can you tell me how to do it?

You just have to make sure to keep the names of your .sav file the same as the game

I'm pretty new to this kind of thing, so please excuse my ignorance. I have a few questions:

1. Can I play the game with the translation patch V3, and then patch to V4 when it comes around without losing my save file?

2. Can I load this game on an emulator, cheat to get the challenge key, save, and then copy the ROM + save file to my R4 (on the original DS)?

Thanks in advance!

@Confused Sandwich: 1. yes you can play now with patch v3 and then with patch v4 without losing your save file.

2. yes you can edit the savefile from your emulator with PokeGen and must convert the emulator save file to the r4 save file.

PokeGen can you find on projectpokemon.org and the save converter you find here: http://saves.uniquegeeks.net/index/page.aspx?id=7

@Confused Sandwich: 1. yes you can play now with patch v3 and then with patch v4 without losing your save file.

2. yes you can edit the savefile from your emulator with PokeGen and must convert the emulator save file to the r4 save file.

PokeGen can you find on projectpokemon.org and the save converter you find here: http://saves.uniquegeeks.net/index/page.aspx?id=7

Thanks a lot!

PLEASE READ!

Sorry for using caps, but I came across something game breaking (not necessarily breaking the game, but you can't move on forward with the story) using this translation patch.

After beating the 8th gym leader and going on Neo Plasma's boat, the grunts give you numbers to input for a password.

Don't know if its been mentioned already, but you can't keep going with the story since the translation patch changes the number digits that you're supposed to input.

For example, the code was 7707, but it would only let me enter with the original japanese numbers, not the english translated ones.

I hope that makes sense and it gets fixed soon. Just wanted to give a heads up.

PLEASE READ!

Sorry for using caps, but I came across something game breaking (not necessarily breaking the game, but you can't move on forward with the story) using this translation patch.

After beating the 8th gym leader and going on Neo Plasma's boat, the grunts give you numbers to input for a password.

Don't know if its been mentioned already, but you can't keep going with the story since the translation patch changes the number digits that you're supposed to input.

For example, the code was 7707, but it would only let me enter with the original japanese numbers, not the english translated ones.

I hope that makes sense and it gets fixed soon. Just wanted to give a heads up.

are you using v3? we reverted that file to fix this error. If you still have that save before putting the code in please send it to me through a PM or something so I can see if it's working properly or not

Ive found some silly typo's in the first 10 minutes of game play.

Please link me to the git url for the initial text, 'welcome to the world of pokemon'. Biancas tour around the PKMN centre and the first encounter with Alder.

Ive captured pictures of my phone, if you'd rather make the changes yourself?

are you using v3? we reverted that file to fix this error. If you still have that save before putting the code in please send it to me through a PM or something so I can see if it's working properly or not

Yes, I'm using V3. What I did to pass by it was to use an untranslated rom, enter the code, save, then use the translated rom again.

That being said, I don't have the save file anymore, sorry :frown:

But I promise you I tried every combination of 7's and 0's for the password and none of them worked with the english translation rom.

Maybe someone else here has a save file around that part of the game?

Helppp!!!!!

Hi!!! I'm having a problem with the rom. I've used the most recent translated one, manually patched it and I still have the black screen freeze when you check the Pokemons' stats. Is there any solution?? Many thanks