Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

I put the all the tools + the clean rom in a file and it worked. I was previously doing it in the Desktop and it didn't work.

If someone is having the same problem, try putting all the tools in a single file.

Thank you guys!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i tried both ur better dats and nom nom one

neither works on my flash card

better stuck at loading menu freeze. and the nom nom nom one error =4

I think is because the patch cuts the rom to 296 something MB and that gives allot of problems to many Flash Cards

I think is because the patch cuts the rom to 296 something MB and that gives allot of problems to many Flash Cards

so basicly its cause the rom is cut and incomplete. meaning there patch is failure? but i have conformations of few people with other flashcards on saying it works.

Thats the other problem..Some Flash Cards can read them like nothing but the clones like Wood and R4i sdhc silver has a hard time reading them. Is like knowing its 512MB and wen reading it as a 296 MB is like being incomplete.

In short. It doesn't have the power to read compressed files. I've been having that problem with many other games with patches.

Thats the other problem..Some Flash Cards can read them like nothing but the clones like Wood and R4i sdhc silver has a hard time reading them. Is like knowing its 512MB and wen reading it as a 296 MB is like being incomplete.

In short. It doesn't have the power to read compressed files. I've been having that problem with many other games with patches.

Trimming a game only removes useless data nothing is compressed

Trimming a game only removes useless data nothing is compressed

Even so it still gives allot of problems to some Flash Cards. The facts won't change even if is compressed (in my error) or Trimmed.

Is the same like what happened with the patch from PokeStation. They made the patch and trimmed the unused data and started to give allot of problems to many FC users. Till they fix it and returned it to its original file size. For a reason the game is 512MB...

ttds i had few problems like that too. think alows a 128 256 or 512 mb rate or some wat even after patch. i know my other flash card works with some patches trimmed same firmware and some dont. i had total 12 flash cards in life and i have experienced trimming as issue on some flash cards.

I've downloaded then patched versions 2 then 3, and every time I try to start a new game, Desmume stops working right around when Juniper lets her critter out of its ball. I've had no such trouble playing the clean version, or a pre-patched version translated by that *other* team.

The ProjectPokemon team seems to be much more on top of things, and I'd like to be able to keep up with the work that you guys are doing. Any idea where I could be going wrong?

i figure its trying to load the rom but the trimming makes it seem like the game is only partially there. restating what you all probably said. when i turn off dma it just loads like if its gonna do the err -4 while dma off loads till the end but it never starts the game. i've tried both dats also, still nothing. think there could be a way of patching without trimming the rom for v3?

I've downloaded then patched versions 2 then 3, and every time I try to start a new game, Desmume stops working right around when Juniper lets her critter out of its ball. I've had no such trouble playing the clean version, or a pre-patched version translated by that *other* team.

The ProjectPokemon team seems to be much more on top of things, and I'd like to be able to keep up with the work that you guys are doing. Any idea where I could be going wrong?

I think you are supposed to patch a clean rom with V3, not with V2 first then patch again with V3.

i figure its trying to load the rom but the trimming makes it seem like the game is only partially there. restating what you all probably said. when i turn off dma it just loads like if its gonna do the err -4 while dma off loads till the end but it never starts the game. i've tried both dats also, still nothing. think there could be a way of patching without trimming the rom for v3?

yeah we'll look into it for an untrimmed option for now you can just use desmume ;)

you have everything from the archive in the same folder... like the xdelta.exe for example?

ah, the delta.exe ahaha. Thanks for that, stupid me, I tried to run it and when it did nothing thought nothing of it and didn't even extract it :P

I think you are supposed to patch a clean rom with V3, not with V2 first then patch again with V3.

Oh of course. I didn't make myself clear. First I patched a clean rom with V2, Desmume stopped working right at the intro, then I downloaded and tried the same thing with V3. Same failure.

Using a clear ROM and everything I keep receiving this error.

Guested edit: removed references to ROM piracy

try putting the clean rom in the file with the patch tools.

It worked for me, I was having your problem.

managed to get all the patched stuff onto a untrimmed rom :D

patch a clean rom using v3 then open the patched rom with nitro explorer. From there go to the folders a/0/0 then extra file 2 and 3.

Optional if you want english logo: with nitro explorer on the patched rom, open up the folders a/0/2 and extract file 6

now get your previous working rom or a 2ch patched rom and replace the files you extracted with the ones inside the rom :D so go to a/0/0 and click on file 2 and press replace and so on