Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw someone say that this patch makes it impossible to get past a part of the game where you need to enter a password, which could be anything from this pool:

1101, 2202, 3303, 4404, 5505, 6606, 7707, 8808, 9909, レシラム, ゼクロム, キュレム.

Is anyone capable of checking?

By the way, did the font change with this patch also change the numbers? If so, then it might be because of that.

hey, do you guys know like an estimate of the percentage of how much dialogue you translated and also, whens the next version coming out? you guys are awesome! those other guys at pokestation take forever but you guys are quick and got A LOT done. THANKS!

Hello, i am playin this at my r4sdhc it works nearly perfect but there is only one problem. Whenever i activate c gear the game freezes. Thank you for doing this. Sorry if i make any englsih mistakes

Lol...there's nothing wrong with what you're playing it with. Those dialogues just hadn't been fully translated yet.

HAHAH Well then! Just got confused with the image of the mother, but I just read that it's a snapshot of the next patch. Alright then off on my journey in the world of Pokemon. Thanks soneek and the rest, keep up the good work.

When teaching TMs to pokemon, either of these messages appear

"Should a move be deleted and

replaced wi"

replaced"

I think it should be

replaced with [move name]?"

Also, after I have taught a Pokemon Draco Meteor, after the message that says it has learnt the move appears, after I press the A button an empty text box appears. This is probably the case with all move tutors.

When teaching TMs to pokemon, either of these messages appear

replaced wi"

replaced"

I think it should be

replaced with [move name]?"

Also, after I have taught a Pokemon Draco Meteor, after the message that says it has learnt the move appears, after I press the A button an empty text box appears. This is probably the case with all move tutors.

This is on v2 right? I made a huge update last night and I seemed to have fixed bugs we didn't know about lol I'm still at work ATM but should be home in an hour or two so I'll look into this thanks!

This is on v2 right? I made a huge update last night and I seemed to have fixed bugs we didn't know about lol I'm still at work ATM but should be home in an hour or two so I'll look into this thanks!

Yeah, that is on v2 (the one I am playing right now).

I am also not sure if this is due to the enlarged english characters, but when I picked up an item, I think there was a space before my name in the message:

" [trainer name] found [item]"

" [trainer name] put the[item]

in the [item category] Pocket."

If it is due to the enlarged english characters, I'll keep quiet. ^^;

xdelta.exe: C:\ (...) \Pokemon black 2.nds: Checksum validation failed, expected: 281548dd6ccbf3faae48c05538e80e84, received: 665138407a74020c2236163897393c2d xdel ta.exe: F:\Pokemon White 2 J.nds: Checksum validation failed, expected: 617c7ba1c853ec8a1194db913a6af860, received: 91b919fb93ed320c7c346fa24a0d076a 

Getting this error while patching :o

EDIT: Nvm, silly me. I hope v3 will be released in 2 hours, so I can play Pokémon on holidays :'(.

Just some more stuff you guys might want, sorry if it's already been posted:

- Pokewood is now known as Pokestar

- Shizui is now Marlon

- Achroma is now Corless

- And the badges portion of the trainer card has a random double space between Virbank City and the info

Just letting you know :)

I'm sure that I'm one of many who are torn between rushing through the game in straight-up Japanese, and playing the game a patch at a time, so that the vast majority of the dialogue we see is in English. Might I humbly suggest keeping an update on the front page as to how far into the storyline the trainer/NPC dialogue has been translated?

Or if B2/W2 are anything like the originals, then the trainer/NPC dialogue isn't exactly arranged in chronological order, which could make things quite difficult. Would it be reasonable for me to hold off and play one 90% - ish translated city/route/cave at a time?

Oh and mind my asking how far into the storyline is "pure" English, give or take the odd squiggle of Kanji?

Just some more stuff you guys might want, sorry if it's already been posted:

- Pokewood is now known as Pokestar

- Shizui is now Marlon

- Achroma is now Corless

- And the badges portion of the trainer card has a random double space between Virbank City and the info

Just letting you know :)

I'll be honest with that...Pokewood sounds MUCH better then Pokestar. Shizui sound kinda ok but Marlon sounds kinda dorky. Achroma sounds bad*** instead of Corless...Sounds dumb too. I know is the Actual translation to the U.S. version but i rather see the original (Japanese) names then the already ruined translation from the U.S. Game.

I'll be honest with that...Pokewood sounds MUCH better then Pokestar. Shizui sound kinda ok but Marlon sounds kinda dorky. Achroma sounds bad*** instead of Corless...Sounds dumb too. I know is the Actual translation to the U.S. version but i rather see the original (Japanese) names then the already ruined translation from the U.S. Game.

Haha I know, to me it's just always weird seeing about six or seven English names, and then one or two Japanese. Seems kinda out of place, but I do agree with you x)

Yeah, I feel the same. Corless sounds like Corfish xD

Just saw someone say that this patch makes it impossible to get past a part of the game where you need to enter a password, which could be anything from this pool:

1101, 2202, 3303, 4404, 5505, 6606, 7707, 8808, 9909, レシラム, ゼクロム, キュレム.

Is anyone capable of checking?

By the way, did the font change with this patch also change the numbers? If so, then it might be because of that.

I spent over 30 minutes trying to figure this out yesterday, lol. So what worked for me was changing from hirigana back to katakana. You do this by going to the options and go down to the english option (yes or no). Select no and confirm these changes. Now try entering the passwords and they should work fine. The game will now recognize the Japanese ones so if your rom happens to have a Japanese password, then, it should work...I hope.

I spent over 30 minutes trying to figure this out yesterday, lol. So what worked for me was changing from hirigana back to katakana. You do this by going to the options and go down to the english option (yes or no). Select no and confirm these changes. Now try entering the passwords and they should work fine. The game will now recognize the Japanese ones so if your rom happens to have a Japanese password, then, it should work...I hope.

You wouldn't happen to have a save at that point would you? And if you can't part with it while using our Translation use ZEKROM or RESHIRAM and let me know if it worked for you

@Silent Storm: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcioqv13ikxi4b1/PPWHT2_31_25997.png <-- is what i have it set as right now