Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

I assume you're using the Wood kernel, in which case, you need to turn off soft reset and cheats.

Tell me what cart you're using, and I'll do my best to help you out. If you happen to be using Wood (since carts running the Wood kernel are the only ones that seem to have this issue), shut off soft reset and cheats.

By the way, for everybody, if you have cart issues, don't just post that it isn't working for you: tell us your cart, kernel, and exact problem. Chances are, I have a few solutions for you to try out.

Ah, I'm running the game on my R4DS with Wood, and my C-Gear won't work? Everything else is fine, but every time I go to turn it on everything except the music freezes. Is there anything I can do to fix this...?

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there any way to patch a current save without having to start from the beginning again? I keep trying but all I get is the translated title screen and yes/no options. Everything else is in Japanese.

make sure your .sav file is the same name as the .nds file. like others, I've played this .sav file since before this project got to v1.0

Hey. I'm not gonna do this all the time, but it bothers me a bit xD!

20f8ab5.png

I'm guessing there was a character limit. Just change it to "Do you know what a Pokedex is?"

5mli0l.png

It's supposed to be "What should I do? Right?? And then the right image speaks for itself, so ya know.

make sure your .sav file is the same name as the .nds file. like others, I've played this .sav file since before this project got to v1.0

well acekart rpg is a firmware compatable with ttds/dstt

it same as r4 wood concept and

wood akio theme type

mainly most carts are multifunctional if you find a kernal compatable

20f8ab5.png

I'm guessing there was a character limit. Just change it to "Do you know what a Pokedex is?"

5mli0l.png

It's supposed to be "What should I do? Right?? And then the right image speaks for itself, so ya know.

Yeah not everything is translated soneek is on that since it comes from the story git i believe. anyways thanks for pointing those out should have them fixed soon

20f8ab5.png

5mli0l.png

Fixed. Thanks for catching those. :)

Do you have an idea of when the next patch will be out? Just wondering :biggrin:

Within 24 hours most likely.

Here is a modified DATs from Retro v6.80

Added ID and codes into the DATs for this translation patch and it should bypass error -4 and AP. Please let me know if it works. :)

DATs Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nv3d8uf3offlfr4

Excuse me...How do i use those files? I'm using a R4i SDHC-Silver and wen i use the patch from this site i get also the Error=-4, then i saw this post and i was wondering if this will work on my R4i SDHC-Silver. If it does how do i apply those files from the Mediafire.

Thanks in advance.

This is just a minor nitpick, but I think the Black 2 Logo is a little off:

http://pokemondungeon.net/images/box-art/black-2-logo-jp.png

The part that says "Pokemon" isn't supposed to be completely red, but like the White 2 Logo, where it's cut off to look like Pokeball. Again, this is just a minor nitpick, not a big deal but it would be cool if it can be fixed for V3. Great job and thank you to all the people who made this project possible! :D

Edited by nyczxjay

Excuse me...How do i use those files? I'm using a R4i SDHC-Silver and wen i use the patch from this site i get also the Error=-4, then i saw this post and i was wondering if this will work on my R4i SDHC-Silver. If it does how do i apply those files from the Mediafire.

Thanks in advance.

You put it in your TTMenu folder and replace both of the files

When I used a Rare Candy on my Pokemon to learn a new move easier, when it gets to the part where it says "Should a move be deleted and replaced" this is all that it shows then the YES/No choice comes up. Don't know if this has been mentioned or not.

Also using v2 of the patch.

Edited by mtbelley
Forgot version info.

This is just a minor nitpick, but I think the Black 2 Logo is a little off:

http://pokemondungeon.net/images/box-art/black-2-logo-jp.png

The part that says "Pokemon" isn't supposed to be completely red, but like the White 2 Logo, where it's cut off to look like Pokeball. Again, this is just a minor nitpick, not a big deal but it would be cool if it can be fixed for V3. Great job and thank you to all the people who made this project possible! :D

It was a design choice I made. I at first had it half cut like that, but it left a big black space between the L and A that look aesthetically unpleasing. So I opted for this slightly altered design for the black.

The actual English logo doesn't even have the pokeball, it just says Pokemon above it in the classic trademark style.

http://jsicktheslick.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/pokemon-black-2-cover.png

But maybe putting a line where it normally ends might be an even better choice, so it feels more like a pokeball.. hmm

Edited by Kakkoii

I'm sorry to bother you guys, and this could be my fault since a lot of other people are successful with getting the game to work, but after patching the rom I get weird patches of English and Japanese text. In the beginning where you mom talks about certain things and you answer her, I get the Japanese Text, but with my response being in English. uf5SR.png

Another example (about the patches of English and Japanese) is when I talk to my rival. He says Yo, and the rest is English but as soon as I tap A it turns to Japanese. (WARNING: Music may be a little loud so I advise you to turn down your speakers, especially for the headphone users!) [video=youtube;IHhN-mw_LZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHhN-mw_LZ8 I show some other examples, like the bookcase being in English, and showing the menu and options that they are in English.

What I thought could be a problem is that mine and my rival's names are in Japanese, but if that was the problem then it shouldn't show any English text with my name, right? I've looked throughout this whole thread for solutions, and I've tried it all. The disabling of cheats and soft-reset hasn't helped me. I've also re-downloaded everything twice thinking something was corrupted but everything held the same result. Everything in the beginning is in English, it just goes to Japanese when my "mother" talks on her phone. I almost forgot, I'm using DeSmuME to record and screen capture everything. But this also happens on my flashcard which is the Acekard 2i with the AKAIO 1.8.9 loader.

Would like any kind of help. Thank You in advance. Sorry for the long post.

I'm sorry to bother you guys, and this could be my fault since a lot of other people are successful with getting the game to work, but after patching the rom I get weird patches of English and Japanese text. In the beginning where you mom talks about certain things and you answer her, I get the Japanese Text, but with my response being in English.

Another example (about the patches of English and Japanese) is when I talk to my rival. He says Yo, and the rest is English but as soon as I tap A it turns to Japanese. I show some other examples, like the bookcase being in English, and showing the menu and options that they are in English.

What I thought could be a problem is that mine and my rival's names are in Japanese, but if that was the problem then it shouldn't show any English text with my name, right? I've looked throughout this whole thread for solutions, and I've tried it all. The disabling of cheats and soft-reset hasn't helped me. I've also re-downloaded everything twice thinking something was corrupted but everything held the same result. Everything in the beginning is in English, it just goes to Japanese when my "mother" talks on her phone. I almost forgot, I'm using DeSmuME to record and screen capture everything. But this also happens on my flashcard which is the Acekard 2i with the AKAIO 1.8.9 loader.

Would like any kind of help. Thank You in advance. Sorry for the long post.

Lol...there's nothing wrong with what you're playing it with. Those dialogues just hadn't been fully translated yet.