Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

THis is nothing more than a request for translation. There is a "Lost Item" in the amusement park in nimbasa. Its a crosstranciever and i think you have to return it to the owner, but obviously I cant tell where to take it as I dont speak Japanese. You speak to (i think) the owner and they tell you (probably) where to go. Is it possible to translate that initial conversation?

Working on it now.

I think the scene he's talking about is in this video

@ 18:30

Thanks!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i know nothing on it i read bout it on gbatemp but i not good without a video or pictures.

this of gbatemp i did not do the tuturial and take no credit

Same thing happened to the original Black and White, the following guide should help you. [guide edited to be relevant to Black 2 and White 2]

"OK Here's how I got it to work in YSMENU.

1. I used enDrypt to find the true game ID of the translated version of Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 by running the program with all it's files (the two eNDrypt files and Patch engine) in the same directory as the rom. I pressed 1 to encrypt and then did it again to decrypt so that the rom would have it's True game ID

2. I used ttdt.exe to open extinfo and infolib to find the true game ID for the Clean Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

3. I replaced the game ID of the Clean Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 with the True game ID of the Translated Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 inside both the extinfo and infolib files found in your ttmenu folder.

Here's what you need to do to play Translated Black/White.

1. Place your translated rom inside the eNDrypts folder and run it as Administrator. Press 1, wait for it to finish encrypting, press any key, then press 1 again.

2. Place the TTmenu folder inside you MicroSD card's root. I.E. the first thing you see when you navigate your Micro SD card. It should overwrite files. If it doesn't, you are doing something wrong or don't have DSTT or YSMENU.

3. Run the translated rom the same way you would the untranslated rom.

The untranslated file will most likely not work until you switch back your files."

Good luck

dunno if it fix the issue

Edited by fayt666
unfinished

Where would you find this eNDrypts?

I have TTDS running YSMenu 6.80

I tried looking it up, found a version 1.2, put the translated ROM in the same directory, launched it, and pressed 1.

Then it gave me like a bunch of popups saying "windows cannot find the proper program to open this file."

I keep pressing cancel and it tells me ROM patched. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Also the overwriting part. I don't understand how you get another TTmenu? (Step 2 of 2nd part)

Sorry, I'm a newb at this :/

Try repatching again. It was fine for me in both games. It should say something like "Let me introduce you to your rival." The actual dialogue from Black and White is in that file, but is unused.

Welcome to the world of Pokemon text.

Make sure you're patching a clean game. Those options are translated fine for me.

Also, preview for v3, courtest of Codr and Bond697!

12.png

Ah, I see. I hadn't actually looked at it in game, I was going through the text files myself. I'm very picky with some stuff, and wanted to fix it to my liking. I was just unsure of why that was there.

I'm using an R4i 3DS from r4ids.cn and I get the dreaded White Screen. Is there a way to fix this?

Any help will be appreciated~! m(_ _)m

I assume you're using the Wood kernel, in which case, you need to turn off soft reset and cheats.

to be honest it somethin many people told me even i dont get it i got game to load but now it white screen death

Tell me what cart you're using, and I'll do my best to help you out. If you happen to be using Wood (since carts running the Wood kernel are the only ones that seem to have this issue), shut off soft reset and cheats.

By the way, for everybody, if you have cart issues, don't just post that it isn't working for you: tell us your cart, kernel, and exact problem. Chances are, I have a few solutions for you to try out.

I assume you're using the Wood kernel, in which case, you need to turn off soft reset and cheats.

Tell me what cart you're using, and I'll do my best to help you out. If you happen to be using Wood (since carts running the Wood kernel are the only ones that seem to have this issue), shut off soft reset and cheats.

By the way, for everybody, if you have cart issues, don't just post that it isn't working for you: tell us your cart, kernel, and exact problem. Chances are, I have a few solutions for you to try out.

i am using the original dstt/ttds cart. i am able to play pokestations patches just not this sites patches so i read this site has somethin to do with id changes and error=4

i tired 6.80 ttds

6.80 ys menu

i used wood firmware

none work

The id of the translated game should be the same for everybody. The proccess is much simpler to get the id by watching this video.
the id i got using this is E19143C3. the rest of the tutorial on adding the id to ttmenu applies

How would one apply the new game ID to make it work for TTDS users?

if you want to play it it works on desmume until you can get a patch working on ys menu

Nah, I don't have any preference of playing it on an emulator. I'll just wait till Kaarosu comes out with his guide.

Just keep us updated :)

Whenever I enter my PC and go to "Someone's PC" or "[Trainer Name]'s PC", a text box with a question mark appears before it loads the menu to withdraw and deposit pokemon, and in my PC, before the option to enter my mailbox.

Adding onto this, I have noticed that there are a lot of double / triple spaces between words and names in the world tournament, any chance of these spaces being corrected?

I can tell you where I see them.

Edit - Losing round 1 in the world tournament, the lady says this:

"Great job! This is to

commemorate your pBurghcipation!"

and

"Welcome to the

Pokémon World Tournamet !" (space after tournament should be removed).

Double spaces I have found when in the tournament bracket (as an example, as I have found more):

"Falkner vs [Trainer Name]"

Adding onto this, I have noticed that there are a lot of double / triple spaces between words and names in the world tournament, any chance of these spaces being corrected?

I can tell you where I see them.

Edit - Losing round 1 in the world tournament, the lady says this:

"Great job! This is to

commemorate your pBurghcipation!"

and

"Welcome to the

Pokémon World Tournamet !" (space after tournament should be removed).

Double spaces I have found when in the tournament bracket (as an example, as I have found more):

"Falkner vs [Trainer Name]"

Spaces shrunk down to single spacing

There were triple, and sometimes even quadruple spaces earlier.

Is there any way to patch a current save without having to start from the beginning again? I keep trying but all I get is the translated title screen and yes/no options. Everything else is in Japanese.

HAHA!!! I F**KING LOVE YOU MAN!

Thank you~!

I didn't realize I had those on so I got bummed when I assumed I could not run Pokemon Black 2 on the R4i 3DS.

Once again, thank you m(_ _)m