Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Translation Project

soneek

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love to help, and I know some japanese(only through intermediate though, so my translations may be shoddy, and I may leave a few words up to google translate or online dictionary), unfortunately I have no idea where I would need to start or how I can jump on board with you guys, but if you would like the help, feel free to message me, I'd love to help further this.

I'd love to help, and I know some japanese(only through intermediate though, so my translations may be shoddy, and I may leave a few words up to google translate or online dictionary), unfortunately I have no idea where I would need to start or how I can jump on board with you guys, but if you would like the help, feel free to message me, I'd love to help further this.

There's an IRC chat that was posted at the start of the thread, and in a yellow alert at the top of the forum xD.

http://webirc.bitsjoint.net/?channels=projectpokemon%2Cb2w2translation

You can go there and ask/discuss about how you can help.

Does not work for me =/

edit: got it to work using nitro explorer but that method stops the title screen from being english (the pokemon black 2 part) just extracted the a/0/0/2.file and re-inserted it back into a ap patched rom...

apart from the main screen menu everything else is fine :) great job!

We just translated like +9000 lines of text using my translation matrix (top secret technology). So new version soon hopefully. :D

Thats awesome! :D

also question, any idea why the rom stops working for me as soon as i patch it normally? (using acekard 2i and it white screens)

I had to use nitro explorer to get it to work but that stops me from having your awesome english main menu =/

Hi, is there a patch version that doesn't translate wild Pokémon names, so they are considered legit by Pokécheck?

In the mediafire link, there is a folder named "English versions with Jap pokemon names". I believe this is what you're looking for! :)

In the mediafire link, there is a folder named "English versions with Jap pokemon names". I believe this is what you're looking for! :)
Still has localized names for now. soneek should be correcting this soon though.

I thought so too, but it doesn't seem like it. With the main version only the wild Pokémon names are translated, the previous caught ones are untouched, with that version all Pokémon games, even the previous ones, get translated and thus flagged as hacked.

Edit: Nigoli just replied above, thanks!

I thought it did, but I haven't honestly tried v1.1 myself.

v1.0 worked fine for me.

I mean I could be wrong and there might be something else going on.

But using a clean ROM from the same link for both, it isn't playable with this patch. So I'm figuring that's what'd be... But I dunno.

I'm gonna wait a bit anyway and see how this develops.