Pokemon Conquest

Dreamstalker

So who's picked this game up?

I got it the other day, so far I'm at my third castle (Violight). I'm liking the game so far, although the time-passage mechanic is a bit odd and it's annoying that I have to wait to enter the passwords to get new Pokemon (I have 11 passwords that I'm not 'allowed' to use yet and at least one of those pokes would be immensely helpful right now).

Japan was quite feudal back then: I believe it's based off the Sengoku period, seeing how it has Nobunaga and Hideyoshi and some others. Japan wasn't very united in terms of power clashes, feuding daimyos, etc... hence warring Pokemon and stuff. I think the "peace for all while still savagely throwing Embers against my Bellsprout only to faint not die" kind of thing is a modern conception, because people nowadays are crying for peace and stuff .___.

I don't know if I should just boycott the game for myself due to Hideyoshi, the guy who started the War of Imjin Year against Korea, but as a game it looks fun. Mhh, let's go unite Japan, shall we?

WOW I like how Flareon has two redundant abilities (Flash Fire/Flame Boost). Seriously now? Even in a non-mainstream game, they're still picking on Flareon...