Life Action Pokemon Movie

Poke888

Hey guys I know it sounds silly but I was wonder when one day the Pokemon Anime eventually comes to an end. I was think what if they can make Pokemon alive on the silver screen with state of the art CGI like the ones they used in Transformers.

This is also for a fic I am coming up with. I just wanna see what the fans think.

o-o

I think this is highly unlikely. As cool as it would be to see realistic Pokémon, the TV series is largely seen as for young children...(And most of them become ashamed to admit to still liking Pokémon around highschool age) With Transformers, the kids that watched it are adults now, so they could appreciate the effort in the CGI and special effects in the revival of a childhood series, along with their own kids enjoying the movie.

Then if you're going to make a CGI movie like this, you generally need a serious enough plot to get adults to even consider wanting to watch it if they're not too into Pokémon, and so far, the most serious plots I've seen have centered around Mewtwo. It would probably require a decent amount of "action" as well.

It could have the potential to be epic if done right, but at the current stage Pokémon is in, I don't think it's very likely... Then again, Japan DOES like to make anime into live actions series, such as Sailor Moon, so I guess there's some hope.

if this concept is to take off fanfic or reality... I think we need to think back why did we fall in love with Pokemon in the first place

Is it the creatures themselves or the human characters or the training we put thru our fellow pokemon? What's the appeal of the franchise?

For me it's the number of creature designs that kept my passion alive but I stopped watching the anime for good.

And also some of those kids that first played Pokemon Red/Blue are probably now young adults in their twenties, I am one of those.