Where to find latias?

pokemonfan

My friend wants to know where and how you get latias. I'm not exactly sure so I"m asking. Plus I haven't been able to find something good on it. All the information seems to constantly contradict the other. So if someone could give me a clear and accurate way to obtain latias in sapphire it would be great.

When the player defeat's the pokemon league the game is saved and the player is in his/her bedroom when the game restart's when you go downstair's go to the tv and it will give a special report of how a red and white pokemon has been seen flying all over hoenn now latias is a random encounter pokemon in the wild i recomend the route below mauville it is where i found latios in my ruby i was just walking along and out he come's i was like WTF!!!

ahh good time's :D

Any ideas how to find it? My friend says that the answer you gave sounds emeraldish...is it for sapphire? He restarted his sapphire and forgot how to get latias. Ugh, so you have to beat the elite four and he's in the wild...is there any way to make it easier to find him? Know of his where abouts?

it is sapphire because latias is the red one so he's in the blue game and the opposite for

ruby.

i think You can check the tv for regular update's but i am sure this is the method, it is all up to luck.

the route south of mauville and the the route west of lilycove are the 2 place's i kept navigating between and i got him in the end it took a while though..

^ ^

I don't know if this is fact, but when if you do have it in your Pokedex, and your tracking it, try not using fly, or the bike, I'm not sure, but when i was trying to catch Latias, those were the procedure i used.

Since it's random, it's very odd, but all the Pokemon games I've played with random encounter legendaries, i have always found them near my house, like where you catch the weakest of Pokemon.

So the only tip i have for you, and this is sorta of the method i follow, is grab a few Pokemon you would like to train, then train them in some area where there is grass, and your bound to found Latias.

That's one of the things my friend wanted to know. If their was a specific way you could find out where it was. Obviously there isn't.

Yeah, you need to randomly encounter it first so it will register in your Pokedex.

Then, find a house near grass, water, any thing you can encounter Pokemon in. Go in, then out of the house, then check the "Area" of Latias in the Pokedex. If she's not in the area, just repeat the process until she's in your area, then move around in the grass, water, etc. and search for Latias.

So the Lati's can be anywhere in the wild. Because in my Ruby and my Emerald I caught Latios and Latias both near the grass near Lilycove City. Until I was so bored, I restarted both my emerald and ruby now I go searching there everyday and I can't find it!

i caught latias and latios so easily in my emerald, maybe its just luck

1 day i decided to look at latias location in the pokedex, it was in the location where i was i went in the daycare place (didnt go in another route) brought out wobbeffut and boom i got latias :D.

i saw latios randomly once i started emerald again, no wobbeffut and the others, just threw my masterball xD

i caught latias and latios so easily in my emerald, maybe its just luck

1 day i decided to look at latias location in the pokedex, it was in the location where i was i went in the daycare place (didnt go in another route) brought out wobbeffut and boom i got latias :D.

i saw latios randomly once i started emerald again, no wobbeffut and the others, just threw my masterball xD

I assume you reset Emerald between those two captures? Only one of the two are supposed to be wandering around the wild... in both Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald, you need the Eon Ticket to capture the other.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe this works for Sapphire, since it did for D/P/Pl for catching Mesprit. You have to be at the edge of the route though and must have Latias data in your game.\

Just run to the other route meaning walk 1 step into the Route and Latias will be at a different location, keep doing this until Latias is on the route you are on, use a Repel and go through the Grass. Also remember, the Pokedex helps a lot ;].

Your best chance is to have a path that leads 3 ways. Mauville is is perfect if you guess right Latias/ Latios will appear before you. My method was having a bike and entering houses until it gets near. Then i enter the route that is opposite of the one it is currently. If it is not on your route return and choose another path. This way worked for me.

Personally, I would suggest finding a nice area in which you enjoy the scenery. :creep:

Run around the grass. Even without repel, after about 5 enc. if she hasn't shown up, move to the very next area and repeat. If she still hasn't shown up, move one more area away and repeat.

If she still isn't there, start going back. Move back through the two areas you were in before, then turn back again.

Latias continues to move whenever you switch areas. Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

both time i ran into latias and latios, i had nothing but great balls. the first time it happened i was like "this can't be!!" the second time it happened, i just slapped myself.

to this day, i still don't have neither of them legitimately catch by me

• 3 weeks later...
Any ideas how to find it? My friend says that the answer you gave sounds emeraldish...is it for sapphire? He restarted his sapphire and forgot how to get latias. Ugh, so you have to beat the elite four and he's in the wild...is there any way to make it easier to find him? Know of his where abouts?

In Saphire I think Latias is in the Wild even before you beat the Elite 4, at least I caught Latios before I beat the elite 4 in Ruby, if I remember right.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
In Saphire I think Latias is in the Wild even before you beat the Elite 4, at least I caught Latios before I beat the elite 4 in Ruby, if I remember right.

Well, you don't remember right.