"Must load save file before saving"

woowoowoo682

"Must load save file before saving" keeps popping up when i try saving but how do i do this if I've never used Pokegen before?

Also when i try to "save Pokemon from tab(s)" it says "you don't have permission to save file in this location, please contact administrator to obtain permission"

Any help would be highly appreciated

In order to use any save option besides "Save Pokemon (From Tabs)", you must have opened a save file. Any Pokemon you add to Pokegen without loading a save file are simply in memory, and not added to a save file.

Codr, I suggest disabling the "Save [save file]" options and anything else that only applies only to a save file (like Pokedex editing), if no save file is loaded; that might make it slightly less confusing. Maybe even disable boxes (though I don't know if anyone uses boxes often without loading a save file).

Codr, I suggest disabling [...] and anything else that only applies only to a save file (like Pokedex editing), if no save file is loaded; that might make it slightly less confusing. Maybe even disable boxes (though I don't know if anyone uses boxes often without loading a save file).

The code generator says hi.