Are you going to buy Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Sky?

evandixon

Are you going to buy Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Sky?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Sky?

What exactly are the differences between Sky and

Well I assume it's a sequel, so new story, it picks up where Time/Darkness left off, and i believe you are able to catch every single Pokemon that exists, not like the Time/Darkness versions, it even includes the new formes i think, and they have also added more starters, which is cool, because I'm able to become RIOLU!:grog:

So will i be buying this......

Edited by SCV
No need to mention that

Well I assume it's a sequel, so new story, it picks up where Time/Darkness left off, and i believe you are able to catch every single Pokemon that exists, not like the Time/Darkness versions, it even includes the new formes i think, and they have also added more starters, which is cool, because I'm able to become RIOLU!:grog:

That's the main reason I'm probebly going to get it. I've hacked Time to become a Riolu, but I have to put up with lack of animation (animation of walking for sleeping, and only one head-shot, the "Casual" one that all of them have).

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

What exactly are the differences between Sky and Time/Darkness? BTW I haven't finished Darkness yet X_X

I read it X_X

Probebly the same differences as Diamond and Pearl, but I don't know. I have Time, not Darkness.

I didn't know Moderators could read/edit signatures..., but it dosen't matter now. I've changed it, because I can't make up my mind what I want my sig. to be.

I haven't finished Time yet, either. I'm close to it, though...

Edited by SCV
Edited one of the qoutes

• 1 month later...

Heh, Riolu being a starter is one of the reasons I'm buying it, too. That, and that fact that I like the Mystery Dungeon game, of course.

I was expecting the majority to choose yes (I didn't read the comments yet) but when I voted, I realised that everyone put no...

Anyway, I chose no because i've never had another mystery dungeon game. And it doesn't seem to be as adventurous as the main games such as FRLGRSEDPP

I played the first one in the summer and it was totally fine even for adults. In the long run it was pretty much the same; do a mission, eat dinner, sleep, wake up to Loudred yelling, random chance to do the "identify the footstep" job, then it loops. As you progress the story it does change a bit but in the end it's pretty much the same! The story itself was okay, but the sidequests and all kind of got in my face all the time and after getting pretty far the dungeon part was so boring I didn't care to play on even to finish the game and find out what happens.

I suspect the sequel will be the same, you do everyday routine with missions where you do the same thing you do in all missions and it just takes a lot of time and energy. In the end it's better to read the storyline on some walk trough than the game if you don't want to "waste" time.

Imo a lot of things are redundant and it makes me turn down getting the sequel, sorry. (Voted No)

For some reason my computer wont let me post a new topic

so i decicded to post this here.

Has any one played the 3 new pokemon mystery dungeon games on wiiware ?

i am looking for save files for balze and stormy (i have light on my wii) and has any one discoverd passwords? also a save file that has the cool mew mission on it would be awsome.

i did search google..

I am really sorry for being off topic.

• 4 months later...

I've already played this game and unlocked every dungeon, with the last one being a pain in the ass with its 99 floors and strong opponents. However i strongly recommend this game. I've enjoyed it to the last mission and the reason many people get bored of the redundant explorations, is because some extra dungeons need different jobs to unlock them, which require a lot of patience, especially if there is a legendary pokemon you want to recruit. The storyline is amazing and it finds continuation in special episode 5. The sprites animation are well executed and the environment visuals are magnificient.

There are two things that might convince pokefans not to play this game: The amount of items you have to collect( There are 1351 items in total, and some of them cannot be obtained except under special conditions) and the need to keep feeding your hero (starter), otherwise he will pass out and get ejected from the dungeon. People who are used to playing the core games (Red,Blue,Silver,etc.) know they don't have to deal with the hunger factor, hence they'll probably get bored quickly of wasting time finding food for filling their hero's belly, unless they want to use AR codes. But still this is a Nintendo game, and Nintendo always make sure to give the best presentation to a game and to keep it entertaining for all ages. Unfortunately this game has too many challenges and the mission structures and requirements are enough to make the impatient and the quick-tempered regret having bought it.

Finally, i'd say if you really want to play this game, you have to decide whether you want to be patient enough to take the challenge or if you think you won't be able to get over your frustration, because this game is way harder than the GameFreak ones.