Is this program useful?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is this program useful?

Hi everyone, I would like to show you my app the Pokemon Data Checker, a Black/White and Black 2/White 2 pkm and save file editor

Main.jpg

Some of what the app can do:

The app can do a legality analysis by loading a pkm file or while editing a pkm file

Legality-Analysis.jpg

Mystery Gift Card viewer and editor with pkm extractor

Mystery-Gift.jpg

Event Pokemon Downloader (includes .pkm and .pgf) with my event database and PP.org Event Database

Event-downloader.jpg

Pokemon Online/Showdown code to Current pkm and Current pkm to Pokemon Online/Showdown code

Pokemon-Online-converter.jpg

Save File Editor with Battle Box viewer and many editors

Note: Battle Box is used in official tournaments and Global Link, to avoid hacking in this box, the editor will not be able to edit the pkm inside this box, however you can save them into pkm files

Save-File-Editor.jpg

Legality tools:

Moves are loaded as the pokemon moveset and the app moveset legality checks hacked movesets

It gives valid trash bytes in nicknames and OT automatically for 5 gen version pokemon (still working for pal parked pkm in the OT trash bytes)

From gen 3 to gen 5 PID generators that are loaded according to the pkm data to match it

Current Version BW2 0.7.28

The app has an auto updater

What is new?

Trainer editor

Trainer-info-editor.jpg

Box and Map Coordinates editor

Box-MapCoordinates-editor.jpg

Bag editor

Bag-editor.jpg

Known Issues:

Invalid PID when checking 4 gen Wonder Card pkm and 5 gen Roamers/Shiny Event pkm

To Do List:

Add Hoenn Ribbons

Add trash bytes for OT pal park

Add Wonder Card PID check for gen 4 in legality analysis and Wonder Card 4 gen PID generator

Planning for next version:

-

Want to contribute?

If you want to contribute, please send me a PM, you can contribute with research for the following:

-Nickname/OT trash bytes in Pal Parked pkm

FAQ

What is this app?

The app is a pkm editor packed with a lot of tools that many other pkm editors doesn't have to avoid hacked pkm, which makes this pkm editor a powerful tool to create legal pkm and check their legality

Also the app is packed with common tools like save file editor and Mystery Gift viewer/editor

Wow, the app is more than 4 MB, is it a virus?

No, the app is coded in .NET Framework 4, the code is a little bit expansive because of all the features, the most heavy one is the Pokemon movesets which are coded inside the app

Virustotal report: https://www.virustotal.com/file/3f6e9b81bbca6cf96d67e2a6e0acdf47ab5eed3025b9ac2e2a5b52c5e352e37a/analysis/1347925991/

I found an error/bug, what should I do?

Report through the app's Bug Reporter or post here

I would like to share/post this app at some page, can I do it?

Yes you can, just give credit to PP.org and me since PP.org is allowing me to use the event database

I have another question that isn't in this FAQ

Please feel free to ask me whatever you want here or by PM

Needs .NET Framework 4 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Any ideas are welcomed :biggrin:

Research done: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8raCj5bAhUNTjN4a0JlOU01Y2M/edit

Pokemon Data Chec&#.zip

Pokemon Data Chec.zip

Edited by RubenPikachu
Updated

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could add it, since the app fixes invalid sequence terminators, nicknames and ot would be always valid, also the 5 gen pid that are generated in the app are also valid according to pokecheck, and I plan to add a list of ability 1 and ability 2 to avoid Invalid PID due to ability in the PID Generator, after the move legality check and this, the app could be a 5 gen legality checker and a pkm reading and writing app :smile: I'm still working with the move analyses, I have written 91 moves, so it will take some time...

Edit: I have updated the app, I fixed a bug, added more attacks making 150 in total and capable of only giving a pokemon abilities it can have

Edited by RubenPikachu
Update

• 4 weeks later...

Most data I took it from Bulbapedia since there I got the list by index number of items, moves and abilities, also I got some info from Project Pokemon Wiki in Black/White NDS Structure to load and save pkm files http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pokemon_Black/White_NDS_Structure

For the move analysis I'm getting the data from everywhere because some doesn't include all pokemon that learn a move since gen 3

For now I updated the app, if a pokemon is loaded with a hacked ability, the app automatically changes the ability to the one that matches the PID and also I added loading with legality analysis, the legality analysis currently is for pokemon with origin in BW or BW2 games only

Updated to BW2

http://www.mediafire.com/?cspcd1mgxwvk5rm

Edited by RubenPikachu
Updated link

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for double post, a lot of updates going (check first post for new features), added Legality analysis for all generations, also I decided that the moves loaded are from the pokemon moveset to avoid hacked movesets, also added automatic pal park trash bytes editing (missing OT through if anybody knows send me PM), also the app has a bug reporter with send .pkm file and a screenshot.

The event pkm downloader is online, I am planning on using Project Pokemon event page to increase the list... and I'm working in saving cards for Mystery Gift :biggrin:

Thanks :P I thought it was important to send bug reports with the pkm file and a screenshot to fix bugs more easily

And thanks, I will try to update more this thread, I thought I couldn't double post lol

Also I have added more trash bytes for nicknames, by evolving and nicknaming some pokemon and researching the thread http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?15108-Escape-Sequence by cH053n I found out that some pokemon have trash bytes because of evolution and changing nicknames, so I have added a feature to create the trash bytes, giving the previous nickname(s) or the preevolved pokemon name(s) can generate the trash bytes (will add a screenshot in the first post), also if the pokemon has only been nicknamed once, the auto trash bytes will generate them automatically :wink:

The pid generator works fine, it seems you were finding a shiny PID, however when the app reaches 100% the PID will not be shiny, I used the same ID and SID

pidgen.jpg

it has nothing to do with shininess, the pid is illegal for wild and stationary pokemon.

pokecheck agrees with me:

pokecheck.png

I'm going to check it, I had some tests with wild pokemon and got valid results... :confused:

I got a bug report from someone wondering why the save button is disabled or not working in Mystery Gift, it has been disabled because the app can only load them for now lol I'm working on it :wink:

I checked out the PID generator, it seems that the app is running the egg PID generator, not the wild/stationary PID generator... which doesn't work :frown:

I'm researching the 5 gen Standard PID creation, however because 5 gen has no PID/IV, I'm not sure which will be the seed I will use to find the PID... I know that Nature is generated in the PID process by a RNG call but I'm not sure when :confused: and I'm not sure how IV are generated but since there is no PID/IV I think the IV can be anything :confused: If someone knows, please tell me to start working with it :smile:

I'm going to check it, I had some tests with wild pokemon and got valid results... :confused:

I got a bug report from someone wondering why the save button is disabled or not working in Mystery Gift, it has been disabled because the app can only load them for now lol I'm working on it :wink:

every guide you've ever read about pid generation is missing a step. i'm pretty sure most every guide everywhere is missing it since it's something you would need to figure out through LOTS of observation or some disassembly. you have roughly a 50/50 shot of generating a valid wild/stationary pid without the piece you're missing.

every guide you've ever read about pid generation is missing a step. i'm pretty sure most every guide everywhere is missing it since it's something you would need to figure out through LOTS of observation or some disassembly. you have roughly a 50/50 shot of generating a valid wild/stationary pid without the piece you're missing.

I'm checking PID of wild/stationary pokemon to check what I'm missing, I think I will try some disassembly for now to check more about wild/stationary PID generation... Thanks

I finished the wild/stationary PID generator :biggrin: but without shiny generator... (I'm working with it :P) the generator is the same, it checks if the pokemon was hatched or not, if it was hatched it will generate an egg PID, if not it will generate a wild/stationary PID... I think I will also do a generator for Wonder Card and Reshiram/Zekrom later... I did some bug fixes and new features like level calculation according to the experience and pokerus (I'm not sure pokerus will work correctly due to strains :frown: use the bug reporter if there is a bug in the pokerus)

Someone sent me a bug report telling me that the Mystery Gift save card tool was disabled some time ago, I have finished the saving card feature... If there is a bug please report.

mysterygiftsave.jpg

Also I have added a pkm comparison to determine if two pkm files are the same or not, also added a public pkm downloader and uploader which enables everyone to upload their pkm files and share them, for those who want to upload his pokemon only to be available for him or share them for some people, I have added the private pkm, and I have added a working Chat :P