Separation of Regional Leagues and Champion leagues---*Triston's First post*

Hey Guys,

First off, let me start by saying that I am no programmer, although, I am aspiring to learn how to edit and hack roms.

Secondly, if this thread or question has been asked before I do apologize....(noob here)

Ok, onto my idea....

I've been a fan of pokemon for many years now and, despite it's many flaws, have grown to love the anime series. The one thing, for me, that's always been exciting in the anime series is watching Ash, finally reach the league (Indigo, Johto, Hoen, Sinnoh), and battle his way from one nail biting match to another. Personally, that is what makes the show in my opinion.

However I've seen that ,in the games, they have basically eliminated the region leagues and instead, after getting all 8 badges, I'm forced to go straight to the champions league and vs the elite four and eventually the champion...

I wanted to know if it is at all possible to edit the roms of 4th gen games (platinum, HG/SS) to include the regional leagues where you vs super strong ace trainers, including your rival for that regions title....and upon winning the league, you are told that you still have alot to learn and are then allowed onto victory, to make your way to the champions league...battling the elite four and eventually the champion.

It would be amazing and quite a payoff to collect all 8 badges and enter, for example, the sinnoh league, and fight your way to victory and title of sinnoh league champion, then attempting victory road.

The leagues could be done similar to tv, with qualifying matches leading to quarter final brackets, semi final brackets and eventually the final.

Just my two cents.....please let me know if this is at all possible.

ps, the arena used for the regional leagues could be those similar to what we see in the battle frontier arenas.....surrounded by crowds etc...

Thanks in advance for your replies....