Why is the new site worse than pokesav.org?

Poryhack

I'm sure not all of you think this is worse, but I have seen it several times over the last few days, and there's a pretty simple answer:

The site is not done. At this point even some of the things that may look done are not set in stone. But rest assured that we are working to get this site in even better shape than pokesav.org.

Why the big rush to move if the site isn't finished? There were several reasons, but the most influential in our decision to move early was our dislike of being under the Pokesav banner. While we will continue to be pretty much the site for Pokesav until the release of Pokemod, we don't especially like Pokesav. It has negative connotations that PP does not, we are not affiliated with the programmer and as such cannot do more than minor edits of the program, and it just is not what we want to be represented by.

So please, just bear with us for now. I assure you that Project Pokemon will be far greater than pokesav.org in due time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similarly, you'll see that we've relinquished use of the word "hacking" and "cheating" in official content. Although there's nothing really wrong with the term itself, it does have those negative connotations. Again, our community has gotten mature enough that we think it's time to expand now. With Project Pokemon, we want to build a more unified and comprehensive community, rather than limit our focus on just Pokesav.

We're just getting used to the Vbulletin way of doing things. The old forums were just a slightly customized phpbb theme anyway - it took very little effort to make the customizations on my part (although we did have some excellent banner work by Greencat). The same goes for the main site. We have some really talented people on our administration team now, so this site will definitely be looking better (and have more content) than Pokesav.org soon.

Honestly, I always wondered why the site WAS called pokesav.org when no one knew who COM really was or anything, and when projects around the site definitely overshadowed the pokesav program itself. All in all, smart move, and here's to the future of a great Pokemon community :cool:

i actually am quite in love with the new site, BUT then again i was only one the old one for all of about a day before the change so i never really got a chance to fall in love with it. also i think this is way better since there are talented ppl here who are doing things to overshadow what pokesav is or will ever be.

I think that the site's name change is a great step forward.

The Pokesav name helped you build up an initial user base but also tarred you as a hacking/modding site/forum as well, even though you were/are much more than that.

I hope Project Pokemon is a great triumph and a worthy successor to Pokesav.

Over the past year Pokesav.org has shown people that you can modify files and make pokemon and make AR codes. But now the time has come to move on learn new things. New IRC channels, new forums. A lot more people can learn and prosper with pokemon.

I hope this new forum becomes better than Pokesav.org.

10/10 :)

Change is a part of life people get over it! Some people are just bad at dealing with change others get over it pretty quickly. There is this great book about dealing with change called "Who moved my cheese" it sounds funny and it is but really it shows humans how they handle change. It isn't a good thing either. It is made for different ages too I would recommend it to people who are still having a problem with this change.

I would when the Pokemod is done make just one forum for the pokesav so people that still use it even after the pokemod is done will have a place to come and still get some help with it

There's no reason for that. Once PokeMod is out, Pokesav will be 100% obselete.

Not only will PokeMod be better, it will be easier to use.