Ruinairas's Contribute to Pokemon Black and White 2 Translation in June

randomspot555 edit:Any talk of pirating games, linking to pirated games, bragging about downloading/playing pirated games, or asking how to steal games will result in a temporary, 2 week ban and a 100 point infraction.

now back to your regular thread:

POKEMON BLACK 2 AND WHITE 2 WILL BE (ROUGHLY TRANSLATED) into ENGLISH once it's out and when the tools are available. If they are available day one I will start right away. Please understand that all menus and such will be almost exactly as a normal USA release, but what trainers say may, or may not be 100%. We were really close on the original Pokemon Black and White version if you were following, so you know what to expect.

As you may know Black and White 2 are to be released on June 23rd in Japan and in Autumn in the USA. In other words this will be a very quick project and will require a lot of work in such a little amount of time. You know I LOVE these kinds of challenges and am up for it!

Please feel free to submit your tools that might be useful for this project. I'm really hoping it's similar to the original versions of black/white.

Stay Tuned, and I will be seeing you on June 23rd. :)

250px-Pokemon_Black_2_Boxart_JP.png

250px-Pokemon_White_2_Boxart_JP.png

Edited by randomspot555

i find it funny how everyone keeps saying pokemon black version and pokemon white version 2. this sounds like you do NOT mean black 2 but the old black.

Yeah, I can actually kind of agree with you when you point it out. However, were I'm from EVERYONE says Pokemon White and Black 2. I guess somehow the (2) at the indicates for both previous mentioned items. Cheers! :P

Actually, official information refers to the games each as a "2." Not "Black and White 2" but "Black 2" and "White 2." FYI.

Very well, I still think it sounds silly saying black 2 and white 2. I guess it's just me and my friends. Either way you get the idea :)

• 1 month later...

I just looked up how to get into the ROM files and NARC, looked around and compared it to the previous BW. They both open up with the same tools fine by the looks of it, might be able to re-use some stuff from the previous games instead of translating.

I may have only just looked around how to do this, but I can help with editing files if need be (can't translate though). Although I've got a bit of work to do for college final submissions this week, so I'll look a bit into that after I'm done. I'll be free all summer wheeeyy.

• 3 weeks later...

Does PPTXT work for black 2 and white 2? I'm running Ubuntu Linux (Windows free :)) and I can't seem to get it to work properly using WINE (It's a windows compatibilty layer for Linux) I extracted the NARC from Pokemon White (J) Vanilla which =758,931,556 bytes. I'd like to confirm if this is even compatibile or not before I merge over to Windows 7 to do so. I've noticed that a translation project has been started, http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?24143-Pok%E9mon-Black-2-and-White-2-Translation-Project, already having everything, but the story translated. If they grant me permission I'll go ahead and clean that up...if such tools permit.

Does PPTXT work for black 2 and white 2? I'm running Ubuntu Linux (Windows free :)) and I can't seem to get it to work properly using WINE (It's a windows compatibilty layer for Linux) I extracted the NARC from Pokemon White (J) Vanilla which =758,931,556 bytes. I'd like to confirm if this is even compatibile or not before I merge over to Windows 7 to do so. I've noticed that a translation project has been started, http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?24143-Pok%E9mon-Black-2-and-White-2-Translation-Project, already having everything, but the story translated. If they grant me permission I'll go ahead and clean that up...if such tools permit.

UPDATE: SCRATCH THAT. I got it. From what I can tell. the A>0>0>3 is still the text for the story.