New Tool: PKMDS Box MK II (beta)

codemonkey85

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey codemonkey85, could I make a suggestion? I saw at the beginning that you were looking for an easy way to transfer between boxes, and the first thing that jumped out at me was the big space at the bottom right. Would it be possible to put a 'thumbnail' of every box down there and any box when hovered over would automatically switch into being the big centered one?

Animation for it would be cool, but even without it would be a simple way to go between boxes since you could click-drop a pokemon in the big box, hover over a mini box for, say 800ms (maybe longer) and *pop* it's the big one. Then, just drop your pokemon that's still being dragged into a slot :)

Sound feasible? I'd try myself, but so far I haven't found a copy of your source code for the app. I'd love to see your source just to mosey through it. Would you be willing to share via PM?

I would share the source now, but unfortunately I recently mucked it up during a library update. :( I will have to fix it up before I can give you something that makes sense.

It's actually fairly simple logic though. Each "slot" on the main screen is actually a subclassed PictureBox control that has a _Pokemon property, which holds a Pokemon class object. Every time a drag and drop is performed, the Pokemon objects in both the sender and receiver are swapped; if one is empty, you are basically swapping PKM data for a null Pokemon object.

EDIT:

By the way, sounds like a decent suggestion. The only thing is that my program is a bit slower than optimal... this might be better implemented in PPSE for now. Mind if I pass it along to Jiggy?

Unfortunately, I'm a great programmer in VB6, and somewhat in C/C++ but I've never used .NET before. One of my greatest strengths is picking stuff up quickly, but it's hard to just pick it up when I have a blank sheet to start from. I figured if I could look through some working code I could pick it up easily enough and hopefully help with improving it too.

And sure, feel free to pass my idea along. I was thinking something along the lines of (assuming there are 25 boxes - I forget and I'm at work so I can't check) a 5x5 grid of a darker color, and one of the squares in the grid (the one that's in full size on the screen) would be a lighter color and as you hover over a box for an amount if time, it becomes the selected one.

I'd give it a try at programming it, but like I said, I kind of need a starting point right now since I'm brand new to .NET.