New Tool: PKMDS Box MK II (beta)

codemonkey85

No, the program isn't working for you because there is no Platinum support yet. ;p I haven't mapped out all of the offsets yet, and every time I go to do it, something stops me from getting any work done.

That's my excuse and I'm stickin' with it.

I promise I will get this done someday. Hopefully I can set aside a weekend and just go through the whole thing.

About how much longer until that day comes?

I think the program it great, I just am not using it until I can use Platinum and everything registers in the Pokédex and such. But keep up the great work!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it already and the final hasn't even came out yet. :) This will be helpful for me to swap different pokemons from other saves and to orgainze them. I just have one thing though, whenever I put in a PKM file, the file goes away from my PC to my Save, is it suppose to do that? If it does, then is there a way to keep the PKM file on your PC and move it to your save both?

It currently deletes the PKM file for a couple of reasons, one of which being that the files are also being generated in the PC's Temp location, and I want them to be removed from there ASAP so as to not bog the computer's storage down. Down the road I will work on an alternative solution, but for now that seems the best way to go.

Of course, you could always make a copy of the file before you load it.

About how much longer until that day comes?

To be honest, it has been kind of hard to find the kind of time I recently had for this project. Money problems and all that. But if I can just find myself about six hours of pure straight quiet, I should be able to restructure the data I have for DP into a Pt save structure, and then it's just a question of re-coding part of the library to accommodate the two separate structures.

i.e. I'm hoping for Independence Day weekend to be my golden Platinum hour. But no promises.

Big news (at least for me): Pokémon Platinum save files are now supported! Now you can open up two instances of the program and transfer Pokémon between a Diamond / Pearl save file and a Platinum save file! Nice.

Check out the first post for the download!

Special thanks go to SCV and Jiggy-Ninja for helping me figure out how to auto-detect which save type is being loaded.

Oh my god, this is great! If i only had this 2 weeks ago^^ I already transferred all my pokémon from diamnod to platinum with pokésav, that was har work. Like this it would have been much easier! Thank you anyway.

Big news (at least for me): Pokémon Platinum save files are now supported! Now you can open up two instances of the program and transfer Pokémon between a Diamond / Pearl save file and a Platinum save file! Nice.

Check out the first post for the download!

Special thanks go to SCV and Jiggy-Ninja for helping me figure out how to auto-detect which save type is being loaded.

:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any chance of this being ported to Linux, if it hasn't already? Because I'm trying to open this in Wine, and its not opening. This would be good if it was written in Qt C++. Cross-compatibility and all that. What language are you writing it in, by the by?

Any chance of this being ported to Linux, if it hasn't already?

Not anytime soon, as I only really know VB.Net at the moment. I am taking courses in programming and hope to be a professional software developer one day, but in the meantime, my advice is to just stick to PPSE.

You should have this added to PPSE to make life easier. But again thank you SO much!

I am not coding PPSE. But rest assured, Jiggy-Ninja has announced his intentions to shamelessly steal my programs' features.

Edited by codemonkey85

Any chance of this being ported to Linux, if it hasn't already?

Not anytime soon, as I only really know VB.Net at the moment. I am taking courses in programming and hope to be a professional software developer one day, but in the meantime, my advice is to just stick to PPSE.

I am not coding PPSE. But rest assured, Jiggy-Ninja has announced his intentions to shamelessly steal my programs' features.

Well that is good for the Pokémon community.

Oh, and also, could you please add a delete feature? Like right clicking on a Pokémon, then a message saying "Would you like to delete this Pokémon?". Oh, and does it automatically add the Pokémon to your Pokédex yet?

You should have this added to PPSE to make life easier. But again thank you SO much!

Unfortunately, VB (which is what this program is made with) and Qt C++ (Which is what PPSE is made with) are not directly compatible.

However, SCV and I shall try to the best of our ability to replicate this program's method of organization, for it is far too awesome to not steal.

Unfortunately, VB (which is what this program is made with) and Qt C++ (Which is what PPSE is made with) are not directly compatible.

However, SCV and I shall try to the best of our ability to replicate this program's method of organization, for it is far too awesome to not steal.

Ah, well best of luck. The only programming I can do is a little bit of Java, and that can be tricky at times for a novice, so I salute you guys for doing all this. I would not know where to being to learn VB or Qt C++.

• 2 weeks later...