New Tool: PKMDS Box MK II (beta)

codemonkey85

Just as an FYI to all those out there, this project is long dead. You can see my new stuff here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?20984-PKMDS-Code-Library-Gen-V

Hello again!

Work has begun on a new take on the old PKMDS Box Organizer program. Now running off my new code library for handling Pokémon DS save file data, I present to you PKMDS Box MK II (now in beta)! It solves a lot of problems I had with the first box organizer as far as actually re-organizing Pokémon is concerned.

SCREENSHOT:

PKMDS_Box_MK_II_New_Screen.png

FEATURES:

• Sort your Pokémon stored in the PC storage system via full visual interface, implementing drag and drop functionality!
  • Double-click on a Pokémon to see detailed information!
  • For the first time in Pokémon hacking history, drag and drop Pokémon from your PC storage system directly onto Windows Explorer as a PKM file! Drag and drop a PKM file directly into your PC! You can even drag and drop between two instances of the application to transfer Pokémon directly from one save to the other!
  • Now supports Platinum! Thanks to SCV and Jiggy-Ninja for the inspiration on how to auto-detect which save type is being loaded!

Please bear in mind that this is a beta; more and more features will be added as time goes on.

Anyway, check it out!

EDIT: Big news (at least for me): Pokémon Platinum save files are now supported! Now you can open up two instances of the program and transfer Pokémon between a Diamond / Pearl save file and a Platinum save file! Nice.

PKMDS_Box_MK_II.zip

PKMDS_Box_MK_II.zip

Edited by codemonkey85

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, some tweaking and optimizing is definitely needed. Maybe multithreading if I feel like a major headache.

Although to be honest, I've also considered just laying out each of the 18 boxes in one screen, since there's some room left to compact them a bit more.

You original program REALLY helped me out with managing the pkm files I was putting together for my Distant Land project. The list feature was great for checking everything out for any errors.

This new interface looks awesome and I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress of this new beta.

Good luck!

You original program REALLY helped me out with managing the pkm files I was putting together for my Distant Land project.

Wow, really? I had no idea someone actually found that feature useful. It was too slow in my opinion; a problem I am attempting to rectify with my new core library. Anyway, thanks!

New version is up: I fixed a couple errors and added some graphical enhancements. I also tried to take care of the lag, but unfortunately it is probably going to persist in some form or another until I find a better way to draw everything.

Also, every box on one screen turned out to be a bad idea. So now I have a new plan for transferring Pokémon from one box to another. Stay tuned....

Edited by codemonkey85

Wow, really? I had no idea someone actually found that feature useful. It was too slow in my opinion; a problem I am attempting to rectify with my new core library. Anyway, thanks!

It did take a little bit of time to load up the view, but not too long. Then once it was loaded up the first time it was just fine. I was able to scan through my whole collection and make sure nothing was missing from movesets, make sure all Pokemon were at the correct level with no EVs, and things like ribbons, etc etc etc etc.

I still use it, by the way, just for looking at my regular collection.

Now if you could load up a DIRECTORY of pkm files into a list view, that would be sextastic.

Now if you could load up a DIRECTORY of pkm files into a list view, that would be sextastic.

I entirely agree. Loading up a file folder from your PC with all the pokemon files would be quite "sextastic."

Does this thing have editing capabilities yet? :)

Does this thing have editing capabilities yet? :)

So far all it does is move the Pokémon and change the open box. Those changes are written to the save file.

Editing is on my to-do list (even though I wasn't originally going to do it), since it needs to be a part of my library anyway... but right now I'm working on importing and exporting of PKM files first. I have been working out a way to do it that I think everyone will like.

While you're at it, may be just for the fun of it, EXTRAXT all the pokemon in the game into a directory structure that can also be imported.

EDIT: Fixed up a few glitches in the program.

Exciting news guys!

Download the latest version of the PKMDS Box tool, and experience a breakthrough in PKM file handling: the ability to drag and drop a Pokémon directly from your PC storage system onto the desktop (or wherever) and create a PKM file of it on the spot! Drag and drop a PKM file into your game to import it!

For right now the Pokémon and the PKM files are removed from their respective sources during the operation, but later I'll make that a configurable option (I can't make it too easy for you all!).

Also, just FYI... you can run two instances of my program and drag and drop Pokémon between them! However, doing so will erase the Pokémon in the target spot of the receiving save file, since I haven't figured out a way yet for the two instances to speak to each other for real. So make sure to drop your Pokémon into an empty spot in the other form.

It's to transfer Pokemon between boxes, sort of like the "hand" in the games.

That.

I am hoping for a more elegant solution, but that will do in the meantime. Or you could just drop a bunch of PKM files, then change the box, and move them in from there.

Hey codemonkey85, first of all, Thanks for your programm^^ I needed this very much, because I transferred ALL my Pokémon from Diamond to Paltinum, because I did not want to catch them all a second time. But then I realized, that my Pokédex was empty xD

So, thanky for your Programm, but I ask you to add something, I think it should be possible...

Like you read before, I have to mark every single pokémon Ive caught with your programm, these are over 200. So it would be nice if i could simply klick ''seen'' and ''caught'', then the down arrow on the keyboard, the seen, caught... and so on. But the problem is, that after seen and caught comes the alphabetical list, Id prefer the Numerical one. not only because I think the alphabetical is not very useful, but some people perhaps nee dit. So, please, could you simply arrange this?

Thanky in advance, Reygok

Thanks for the feedback!

To make a long story short, I am planning for the program to automatically register Pokémon in the Pokédex when they are loaded. This includes updating the seen, caught, genders and formes registered in the Pokédex.

Loaded Pokémon will probably be added to the Pokétch Pokémon History app as well.

Well, directly editing the Pokédex is probably less complicated than what I am planning to do with this program. But what I do with this program will be kept as much as possible within the game's rules and standards.

If you want direct editing, you will have to wait for a bit longer. When I complete my code library, not only will it be easy for anyone to develop a Pokédex editor, I may do one myself as an example program. (Of course, PPSE is already doing that, so you could always check that program out instead.)

Oh damn! I am very sorry, but I thought this was PPSE! I posted in the wrong tread xD

Didn't you realize I talked of PPSE^^ Whatever, now i'm going to post there...

Oh, wait, there is actully a problem with your Programm, at least on my PC^^ It simply doesn't work. I load my save from platinum, but there are only a few bad eggs, nothing of my 200 Pokémon^^

No, the program isn't working for you because there is no Platinum support yet. ;p I haven't mapped out all of the offsets yet, and every time I go to do it, something stops me from getting any work done.

That's my excuse and I'm stickin' with it.

I promise I will get this done someday. Hopefully I can set aside a weekend and just go through the whole thing.