ちよ父/Enkidu joint signature thread

ちよ父

Ok, so me and Enkidu were talking, fortunately for me, he was impressed with my photoshop and sig making expertise. Later on, we decided it might be fun to make a signature creation/request thread.

So first things first, proof that I can actually make anything on photoshop/previous sigs Ive made in the past:

steve2.jpg

ALSOSAMETOOcopy-1.jpg

So I can make sigs from stocks like so:

beforeafter2.jpg

Or...

beforeafter3.jpg

Now, when you ask for requests, I will try my hardest to achieve what you ask for, however I tend to work best if I am able to explore multiple possibilities and different paths within the process. So what this means is that basically, I will always keep the original pokemon character image present within the signature, but the effect of it all, may look slightly different. Long story short, if you just provide me with a pokemon to use, and leave the rest up to me, it will allow me to explore my visions much more thoroughly. If by chance the image you provided does not work well in terms of composition, or quality, I will ask you if I can use a separate image of the same pokemon or character.

To prevent this post from getting too much longer, Enkidu will be discussing what makes a render or stock photo "good" for sigs, and what makes others crap.

When it comes to text within the sig, I will also include whatever you want to have put in the final sig. However it may wrench my heart and destroy my soul if I am forced to somehow incorporate a horrible super cheesy quote thats made of fail.

So, I would be glad to take signature requests from yall, however please do not expect them within the same day, as I have a job, school, and life and may not be able to get to crafting them for you right then. I will however get them in to you within 1-2 days, and if I cannot make the deadline, I will notify you.

Thanks, who wants first ups?

So what makes a render/stock photo "good" or "bad"?

First off is the size, trying to fit a large picture in a 120x120 pixel box for an avatar just looks like crap. So size is obviously important and crucial detail is lost when a smaller picture is blown up and when a larger picture is shrunk. That said, it is entirely possible to use a small portion of a large render and have it work.

Now this is one of the more important, how the render is cut can make or break pieces of art. "Cut" means erasing EVERY PIXEL that is not attached to what you are using. The Main page Lugia is a perfect example of this, as the arms, head and bottom half of it have a bunch of misplaced pixels and leftover background pieces still attached to the image that should not be there. This DOES take away from a signature and should be avoided at all costs as it makes it harder for us to smudge/blur/sharpen to make the image better.

Other than that as long as the image is crisp, unpixelated and a decent sized to use for a sig it should be fine.

Stock photo's are a little different. First off it needs to utilize space well and provide a clear subject for us to use. This could be anything from a symbol to a tree, and it the piece needs to have a focus, without focus on something having us create something for you is rather difficult.

As with renders the image has to be crisp and detailed, but unlike renders do not need to contain a subject, only an image focus, otherwise it will come out boring.

That being said, I have a perfectly cut render of Every pokemon saved in my Stock photo's folder so instead of finding a picture just tell me which pokemon you would like if you do not have any preference.

Using other peoples art

This is extremely important, we do not condone the use of any artists piece of work without their permission, surfing deviant art for whatever image you think is "kawaii" and giving it to us to photoshop is a no-no. If you do find an image, ask them if you can use. Stealing artwork is bad so please either stick to official artwork as they are put out there for people to play with, while personal artwork like those found on Deviantart are not. However there are plenty of images that artists don't care about or will let us use without asking, just please do not steal anyone's personal artwork.

I'm highly impressed with the smudging on the first example sig, and I could go on about why the other ones are good, but you know they are, so why bother.

Anyway, I'll steal dibs on the first sig.

Text: Illithian

Stock: http://www.planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-27967

Also, if you could try to incorporate this as part of the background, that would be interesting. http://www.planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-14248

In any case, I'm confident you'll do something fun.

P.S. I like smudge. A lot.

Well, one of the artists at my thread told me there was another one, and he was quite angry about it. He wanted me to do something about it, because I made the thread. I didn't know you both had a sig thread. So there could have been 3 threads, not 2. Thanks for telling me.

Copy what? There can be more than one joint signature thread on a forum if I am not mistaken. We both have had our own signature threads on other forums and just decided to make a joint one, if thats copying you, then I guess we did.

Anyway Illthian we will get right on it.

Sorry your friend/collaborator is angry with us for making this thread, I guess I could have told you, however I didnt necessarily see the reason for it. In any case, if it bothers you that much, we can take down this thread.

Im still going to do Illthian's sig, so after that well stop if you want.

However it may wrench my heart and destroy my soul if I am forced to somehow incorporate a horrible super cheesy quote thats made of fail.

LOL!:biggrin:

I guess i could try it out, can you please make a sig of:

Minato Namikaze

Kakashi Hatake

Itachi Uchia

Before i actually never wanted Sasuke, but for me it felt guilty if i asked them to create it again, just without Sasuke, but even though i never wanted Sasuke, it looks pretty cool with him.

I actually mistyped it, i was suppose to type in Itachi's last name, but i somehow typed in Sasuke ....strange.:bidoof:

How would you get angry if someone creates another "Sig Creating Thread' it's like buisness, if a small dairy with more vairety of food and drinks, with cheaper price, near another dairy that's been there quite a while, he can't really do anything.

Yes this has happened in real life, it's quite sad, because everyone knows the guy in the original dairy, and he's very friendly, like if you went to buy a drink that would be $1.50, he would say $150 dollars, or 1 million, the first time he said it to me, i thought he was being serious, and i got such a shock.:eek:

EDIT:

Whoops me forgot, also add me name somewhere, can you also use the same font, it looks very fancy.

We will be finishing up all of the requests insofar and maybe a few new ones by this coming sunday USA east coast time. Sorry for the delay but me and Chiyochichi have decided to leave project pokemon for one reason or another, however we will make sure to finish all requests before we go and ask a Mod to lock this thread once we post all remaining requests.

We will be finishing up all of the requests insofar and maybe a few new ones by this coming sunday USA east coast time. Sorry for the delay but me and Chiyochichi have decided to leave project pokemon for one reason or another, however we will make sure to finish all requests before we go and ask a Mod to lock this thread once we post all remaining requests.

Wow...didn't see that coming. I have to compliment you both on your fine work...it really is good. I'd ask for a sig except I dont want to back you guys up further and if your leaving then your leaving.

How sad...

However, although unstated, I do see your reasoning, and I wish you well in all endeavors.