Pokemon Class ID

wraith89

Depositing in PC only lowers FULL-HACKED Stats. What I mean by FULL-HACKED Stats is like a Magikarp with 300 Attack for examply. Magikarp can't have that much. So if you put it in the PC it's attack will simply go back to the supposed attack for its Level/Nature/IV/EV.

Let me explain this really quick.

The data structure of a Pokémon stored in the PC is 136 bytes long. For party Pokémon, the data is 236 bytes long. The last 100 bytes hold info like calculated battle stats, level, status conditions, and other stuff.

Every time you deposit a Pokémon and then withdraw it, you are basically deleting that information and then recalculating it. That is why stuff like your 300 Attack Magikarp would be fixed. However, the Pokémon's Ability is not stored in that last 100 bytes, and therefore it would not be recalculated from depositing / withdrawing the Pokémon.

Get it?

Yes, I've been busy elsewhere. Unlike some people, I have a life outside of this box. =P

You don't mean me, now do you? >.>

I don't sit 8 hours on the same spot in front of the computer unlike some people :/

Edited by wraith89

Just to be totally clear, this is the only case where it can have any PID you want, right? It originating from Pal Park would be inadequate?

Well, if the Pal Park Pokemon was hatched, then PID wouldn't matter :P

So yes, just for hatched Pokemon, PID will NOT matter. However, just make sure the Ability class is right :/

• 2 months later...

2) What about those from R/S/E/FR/LG that gained a new ability in DPP and were Class 2? Will they change abilities?

Frankly, I don't know. I haven't tested this out yet, but I believe after evolving one, their ability should change. I could be wrong.

I've quite looked into this. Class 1 and Class 2 do exist on RSEFRLG already. If the Pokémon from RSEFRLG are Class 2, and they gain new abilities as they're migrated and evolve, their abilities do change. So far I've tested this on Breloom, Linoone, and Mightyena. All 3 of them changed abilities and all of them were class 2, and obviously they were Shroomish-Zigzagoon-Poochyena originally. Though these are just 3 tests and it's still insufficient because not all 100>x<386 Pokémon with new abilities have been tested yet, but in theory it should work like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found out watching my pkm legitimate that (pkms of nds always usually has class correct to the ability).

Those of gba when happening to nds, it depends:

1-If pkm has two abilities that existed in gba will be correct the class with the ability . Whereas if one in nds is added to them, it will always have the ability that existed in gba in spite of class that it has (this with pkms without evolving) AND ONLY FOR EDITIONS R/S, FF/LG.

2-Nevertheless, I have observed a peculiar thing. The Pkm of the Colosseum (Or those that they have as Unknown algorithm type as the PCNY) and has pkm two abilities that exist in gba, when passing them to nds will see that some agree class with the ability and other that no.

This it is the case of my Rydon of the Coloseum xD, that when passing it to Platinum, has an ability that does not agree with his class (and that the two abilities of this pkm exist in gba).

This verifies once again, that the Unknown type does not have algorithm some.

• 4 months later...

SO can someone just clarify this for me please... lets say i create the said Ponyta lv 1 with Flash Fire, but class 1. As long as it's a ponyta it's ability is flash fire, but when it evolves into rapidash the ability shows as flash fire but is really run away, right? So lets say i create a lv100 Rapidash ability flash fire, but class 1, will it still count as flash fire or run away?

thanks in advance.

Nope, it will always be Run Away once it evolves. It doesn't "show up" as Flash Fire and will show up as Run Away. If you made its ability Flash Fire and is class 1 Rapidash with Pokesav, it will be Flash Fire, despite not being Class 2. But that doesn't make it legal.

• 3 months later...
Well, if the Pal Park Pokemon was hatched, then PID wouldn't matter :P

So yes, just for hatched Pokemon, PID will NOT matter. However, just make sure the Ability class is right :/

Just want to know if the PID being irrelevant (meaning you can make any via the Generate button) for hatched Pokemon is still the case for Heart Gold and SoulSilver. Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...

You know... it wouldn't be so confusing for most if it was just called "Ability". I do know the first time I spotted eyes on one of these PokeSav/PokeGen type applications I had to stop and think. Most people are not aware of what the PID is.

• 6 months later...