Shiny2 Distribution System

• 1 month later...

I need help, I have tried absolutely everything I know to get this working. I have port forwarding rules for 80 and 53 but 80 seems to be the only one that works. The rule for 53 is set to UDP, my DSI has the correct settings and passes the connection test. I have turned off windows firewall, my AV, my router firewalls, and the GTS server always always fails. 80 is fine it works but something is up with 53 and I can not figure it out. I have port rules for both windows firewall and my router but neither seem to work for port 53. Any help is appreciated.

Ok this is rediculous, canyouseeme.org now says success for both ports but the GTS still fails. No idea what to do.

I need help, I have tried absolutely everything I know to get this working. I have port forwarding rules for 80 and 53 but 80 seems to be the only one that works. The rule for 53 is set to UDP, my DSI has the correct settings and passes the connection test. I have turned off windows firewall, my AV, my router firewalls, and the GTS server always always fails. 80 is fine it works but something is up with 53 and I can not figure it out. I have port rules for both windows firewall and my router but neither seem to work for port 53. Any help is appreciated.

Ok this is rediculous, canyouseeme.org now says success for both ports but the GTS still fails. No idea what to do.

Are you attempting to do a local or public distribution? What is the last logged entry in the output windows for GTS/DNS Logs before it fails?

Shiny2 has the ability to display a HTTP page when connected to on the root level, try using another computer on the network and visiting the IP of the broadcasting computer in the browser (e.g. http://192.168.0.194/) to see if you connect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I just found this forum after doing some googling, and I'd just like to point out that the newest windows update for the .net framework seems to have broken the program for me. After uninstalling it (4.5) and reinstalling 4.0 using an offline installer, it worked perfectly. I'm not sure why that would make a difference, but I figured you guys would appreciate the input for troubleshooting. Also, I could not get other GTS emulators such as ir-gts or shinygts/shinydts working before reinstalling the 4.0 framework, either. I have no problems working my firewall, or antivirus, so I'm pretty sure the update was what did it.

Hey ShinyJirachi and co., it's been awhile.

I just have a small question: Is sequential file sending from folders possible to do with Shiny2?

Example: I have a folder with file A, B, and C in it. Instead of choosing one of those files to send out, or making them go in a random order, is it possible to have it go in a sequential order according to their names or numbers or some user assigned variable?

Thank you.

Hey ShinyJirachi and co., it's been awhile.

I just have a small question: Is sequential file sending from folders possible to do with Shiny2?

Example: I have a folder with file A, B, and C in it. Instead of choosing one of those files to send out, or making them go in a random order, is it possible to have it go in a sequential order according to their names or numbers or some user assigned variable?

Thank you.

Hey Dragonite! There should be a mode that sends them out in alphabetical order. If you are having issues, just let me know.

Hey Dragonite! There should be a mode that sends them out in alphabetical order. If you are having issues, just let me know.

Wait, which version of Shiny2 then? I have the one I downloaded from the OP. Even then, that's great you implemented it! Here's hoping X and Y aren't too different in the GTS spoofing department.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, I thought I had done everything right because I saw that Shiny2 and my DS were communicating (IP has asked for, replying to IP, ect.) but at the end I keep getting a 12374 error. Could this be because of port 53? I managed to get 80 open but no such luck for 53.

• 2 weeks later...
Heya, I thought I had done everything right because I saw that Shiny2 and my DS were communicating (IP has asked for, replying to IP, ect.) but at the end I keep getting a 12374 error. Could this be because of port 53? I managed to get 80 open but no such luck for 53.

I can't recall if a 12374 is Nintendo's problem or not. It might be.

• 1 month later...

First of all thanks for doing all of this! I believe Shiny2 is a very nice program.

For the last couple of hours I've been trying to understand this whole system of generated pokemon and pokegen and gts trading programs etc. all because I've missed several GTS Events for my Heartgold Edition. On projectpokemon.org I found these missing event Pokémon but they're all in the pcd/pgt format. I've already set up the whole Shiny2 thingy so now I want to distribute these event Pokémon with Shiny2 to my DS. So now my question is, am I supposed to use PokéGen to create .pkm file of the event pokemon and if yes, how?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This program works great! Thank you! But one question: I batch transfer folders of pokemon to Black 2. Is the only way to get the next pokemon in the folder to disconnect and reconnect through the receptionist? Or is there a faster way where you can disconnect and reconnect without having to talk to the receptionist every time? If not that's fine. Thanks for the program again.

I have a problem

19.47: A connection has been established!

19.47: The connection is from 192.168.0.3:64377

19.47: The socket has been queried for incoming data...

19.47: The socket has completed its' request.

19.47: An exception occured when trying to established a Request.

19.47: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

in gts.Gts.Request..ctor(String h)

in gts.Gts.GetRequest(Socket& socket)

in gts.Gts.Handler(Socket socket)

• 1 month later...

Holy cow, hi everyone :D

If there's enough of a draw, I will release a 3rd version of this program. I remember, at one point, asking for ideas for v3. Please post any.

Also, Astro, I -think- I posted a reply to a thread you started. If you're still watching the threads, please let me know anything else, such as reproducible steps; that would be awesome :)

• 3 weeks later...
Holy cow, hi everyone :D

If there's enough of a draw, I will release a 3rd version of this program. I remember, at one point, asking for ideas for v3. Please post any.

Also, Astro, I -think- I posted a reply to a thread you started. If you're still watching the threads, please let me know anything else, such as reproducible steps; that would be awesome :)

I haven't used your program yet since I've been using IR-GTS but if you could integrate X&Y to your program that would be great!

Also, if you could possibly tie in a service of hosting your own Wonder Trade servers, that would be kind of cool. We could then host a private/public Wonder Trade server that anyone can connect to outside the official Nintendo servers.

I also noticed an issues with the DNS Settings not displaying the IP correctly.

jUy9y75.png

As evandixon said, communications are encrypted so that makes the situation that much harder. While there is always a possibility of decrypting and figuring it out, I do not have the time to work on that by myself nor the knowledge to do so.

As for the DNS issue, I have no clue :( sorry

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, I've made loads of changes.

v1.3

- Added "syachi2ds.available.gs.nintendowifi.net" to the allowed DNS list

- Added more information to bad DNS requests

- Fixed an issue where GTS actions failed to register

- Changed the way Pokemon are saved so that the date/time they were saved is in the file name, no more accidental overwrites (for db33)

- Changed the application's Icon to a higher resolution

- Fixed an issue where certain 5th Gen connections failed to get a result

- Added more information to the log when a user initially enters the GTS

- Added more information to the log when a user receives a Pokemon, namely the user's game generation and Pokemon received

- Changed the "Sent x bytes of data" message to only appear in Verbose mode

- Fixed an issue where the app would crash on launch when loading data from a previous instance

- Fixed an issue where the app would crash on exit when saving some data

- Added the ability to minimize to system tray

The source code has been updated, and the latest version can be downloaded here (or as an attachment).

Shiny2 v1.3..zip

Shiny2 v1.3..zip